(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations, Candace! Just as you wouldn't want to walk on concrete until its fully set, I'm going to wait a few days before logging your dates just in case the umm, reservation hasn't set yet:flower3:

It's fun though, isn't it?:hyper:

Another crabby waiter commiseration :grouphug:. I feel better now, but SAI is back off the list - again:rotfl:.

We stopped going to 50's, too because sometimes you'd get a waiter who would "play along" and sometimes they wouldn't "play" at all. Also, it can get a little loud in some of the rooms, too. We were a bit overwhelmed the last time and underwhelmed the time before, kind of inconsistent. I know that's all part of the schtick, but it ended up a hit or miss meal for us so we've been going to BD and SFDI instead of 50's. We just LOVE BD and the service is usually very good.

Oh, and kids read that tiny font a lot better than we do:laughing:

Yeah, we've been very happy with Sci-Fi's burgers and shakes, and we're on a BD "break" for a while after a bad experience with some raw pork last time, but we did have some great meals there before then. I'm sure we'll try 50s eventually! Thanks for the tip on the server, pixarmom. I have a "dotted line" boss named Donna, so it'll be easy to remember!

To not be totally OT, and to talk about treats, the last few BW trips, we've gotten the Butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls for me, and the Carrot Cake "cookie" at either Writer's Stop or the shop with the Villans nearby SR for my wife, and taken those back and eaten them at the BW. Both of those things are crazy good!!

I just realized exactly 4 weeks until our Kidani stay! Woo hoo! No BW stops this trip, though, except for one across the water at Yachtsman's, but it's still a good view of the BW across the way.

sacha. it could also be a view of the village green, or the "actvitylawn" which is just a little yard like area, and the rooms face the canal with the swan across from the canal.

To not be totally OT, and to talk about treats, the last few BW trips, we've gotten the Butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls for me, and the Carrot Cake "cookie" at either Writer's Stop or the shop with the Villans nearby SR for my wife, and taken those back and eaten them at the BW. Both of those things are crazy good!!.

It's not OT. One of the reasons we decided on the BWV DVC was for access to the Boardwalk. I plan one non-park day that includes food and drinks and sitting outside on the Boardwalk. At night, it is so fun to watch the entertainers as well as that energy of people walking around the Boardwalk. During the day, it is so relaxing to see and hear the water with the backdrop of the Beach Club & Boardwalk. It might even make the snacks taste even better.

To not be totally OT, and to talk about treats, the last few BW trips, we've gotten the Butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls for me, and the Carrot Cake "cookie" at either Writer's Stop or the shop with the Villans nearby SR for my wife, and taken those back and eaten them at the BW. Both of those things are crazy good!!

I just realized exactly 4 weeks until our Kidani stay! Woo hoo! No BW stops this trip, though, except for one across the water at Yachtsman's, but it's still a good view of the BW across the way.

Yay for Kidani! LOVE that pool! Looks like you'll be at Kidani when we're at Poly - wishing for good weather and sunny skies! As for snacks, I'll vote for the pecan caramel bar from Karamell Kuche in Epcot - wrap it to go and eat on BWI balcony! (It's huge - lasts four nights!) A new favorite for in-room BWI snacks is the Minnie caramel apple from the confectionary in MK. Found it in DL last summer, and then researched to determine where to find it at WDW. Just needed knife from club lounge, and we were set.

Good morning -- and it really is because we're heading to the airport in another hour. Will be at the BWI tonight! Yesterday morning when I left for work, it was NEGATIVE 13. Now, it is a balmy 22. Ready for some sun, fun, and time with my college freshman daughter.

We were psyched to see that the French bakery now has beignets!

Good morning -- and it really is because we're heading to the airport in another hour. Will be at the BWI tonight! Yesterday morning when I left for work, it was NEGATIVE 13. Now, it is a balmy 22. Ready for some sun, fun, and time with my college freshman daughter.

Have a great trip!!! :)

Awesome!!! You have some very jealous people here! (With more snow on the way. :crazy2: )

Hi Kook! Our fall trip is set. This year is an extra special birthday for my DH. :lovestruc His favorite resort is BWI, so that's where we'll be.
Dates: Oct 25-Nov3
Could you add us to the Boca Breeze oops...I meant Boardwalk Bulletin. :laughing:
Thanks a bunch! :goodvibes

sacha. it could also be a view of the village green, or the "actvitylawn" which is just a little yard like area, and the rooms face the canal with the swan across from the canal.

I thought there were only studios along the Village Green area, no one bedroom villas.

Good morning!

What a great thread - I've been enjoying reading about all of your experiences at BWI! I'm staying there for the first time the first week of April (usually the Poly or POR for me, though I just recently experienced an amazing Club Level stay at WL!).

Taking my 83 year-old Mom for a Disney escape from this endless winter. We have booked a water view room. Do all of the water view rooms have balconies? What type of view might we expect? I've asked for a high floor with balcony.

Wishing everyone magical journeys! pixiedust:

Laura

Yeah, we've been very happy with Sci-Fi's burgers and shakes, and we're on a BD "break" for a while after a bad experience with some raw pork last time, but we did have some great meals there before then. I'm sure we'll try 50s eventually! Thanks for the tip on the server, pixarmom. I have a "dotted line" boss named Donna, so it'll be easy to remember!

I didn't realize your Kidani stay was coming up so soon. Are you going to Sanaa and Boma?

It's not OT. One of the reasons we decided on the BWV DVC was for access to the Boardwalk. I plan one non-park day that includes food and drinks and sitting outside on the Boardwalk. At night, it is so fun to watch the entertainers as well as that energy of people walking around the Boardwalk. During the day, it is so relaxing to see and hear the water with the backdrop of the Beach Club & Boardwalk. It might even make the snacks taste even better.
ITA, not OT. Dining is a major reason we love going to WDW!

Yay for Kidani! LOVE that pool! Looks like you'll be at Kidani when we're at Poly - wishing for good weather and sunny skies! As for snacks, I'll vote for the pecan caramel bar from Karamell Kuche in Epcot - wrap it to go and eat on BWI balcony! (It's huge - lasts four nights!) A new favorite for in-room BWI snacks is the Minnie caramel apple from the confectionary in MK. Found it in DL last summer, and then researched to determine where to find it at WDW. Just needed knife from club lounge, and we were set.
I just love KK, it's my new favorite must-do. You have great taste - the pecan caramel bar is so good and I always think I'll share it, but usually eat it all myself:rolleyes1

Are you there yet? Are you there yet?:hyper:

Bottles and cans only.

:rotfl:
And, don't forget The CREEN DOOR:laughing:

Hi Kook! Our fall trip is set. This year is an extra special birthday for my DH. :lovestruc His favorite resort is BWI, so that's where we'll be.
Dates: Oct 25-Nov3
Could you add us to the Boca Breeze oops...I meant Boardwalk Bulletin. :laughing:
Thanks a bunch! :goodvibes
:rotfl: Good one! I would be happy to add your dates, but I may need my Willard Calculator:teacher:

How sweet of you to book DH's favorite resort for his very special birthday:thumbsup2

Good morning!

What a great thread - I've been enjoying reading about all of your experiences at BWI! I'm staying there for the first time the first week of April (usually the Poly or POR for me, though I just recently experienced an amazing Club Level stay at WL!).

Taking my 83 year-old Mom for a Disney escape from this endless winter. We have booked a water view room. Do all of the water view rooms have balconies? What type of view might we expect? I've asked for a high floor with balcony.

Wishing everyone magical journeys! pixiedust:

Laura
Welcome to the thread, Laura! I'm glad you've found it useful in planning your stay. I believe that all above ground rooms have a balcony except for maybe one or two and I think those are STD. View rooms. So I don't think you need to request that, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

How sweet that you're escaping with Mom in April. We love the OFC, too but it's always fun to try a new resort.

I feel like such a traitor. Last minute trip to Orlando to help move my daughter who got a job with the Mouse. There were no studios available ANYWHERE, so rather than spend points on a one bedroom, I booked Port Orleans for the two nights.

Welcome to the thread, Laura! I'm glad you've found it useful in planning your stay. I believe that all above ground rooms have a balcony except for maybe one or two and I think those are STD. View rooms. So I don't think you need to request that, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

How sweet that you're escaping with Mom in April. We love the OFC, too but it's always fun to try a new resort.

Thank you so much! We're so excited about staying at BWI. We've visited many times, but have never stayed onsite. I think it will be perfect for Mom. At 83 she's still the ultimate Disney fan, but doesn't walk as well as she used to (though won't even consider a wheel chair or scooter), so the proximity to Epcot and DHS will be wonderful. Flower and Garden Festival time is our favourite time to visit as well! I think it will be a shock to see something other than ice and snow :goodvibes

We've never been to Jellyrolls, so we're especially looking forward to a visit there.

Thank you to everyone for all of the wonderful advice and beautiful photos!! :grouphug:

Laura

Our last trip to BWI was last March. It seems like forever though. So now the 4 of us are starting our plans for April 2015 trip home to BWI and WDW.

Cecile, Jane, Colleen and Lauren ... Disney here we come!

Cannot wait! :grouphug:

Was just wondering whether noise will be an issue coming from rennovations with Club lounge at BWI affecting rooms or common areas. We'll be staying at BWI villas May 12-17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter