Resent back with signed amendments : 8/10
Passed ROFR:8/18
Received closing docs: ???
Sent closing docs back: ???
Buyer Documents received: ???
Seller Documents received: ???
Closed: ???
Deed Recorded: ???

I have one direct and one resale plus this one so if you have any questions about either process, ask away :)

Last edited:
Animal Kingdom 25 points
Broker: Fidelity
Closing: First American

Offer made & accepted 6/26
Sent to ROFR: 6/28
Passed ROFR: 7/15
Received closing docs: 7/28
Sent closing docs back: 7/29
Buyer Documents received: 7/31
Seller Documents received: 8/11
Closed: 8/11
Deed Recorded: 8/15
Points Loaded!!! Not exactly sure when they were loaded just logged in today and there they were! I would assume last day or two!!

Animal Kingdom: 100 points

Offer made & accepted 6/30
Sent to ROFR: 7/11
Passed ROFR: 7/30
Received closing docs: 8/11
Buyer Documents received: 8/14
Seller Documents received: .....
Closed: .....
Deed Recorded: .....

Just heard from First American. We are still waiting on the seller's docs. She said that they followed up with them, but have not heard back yet. =/

I called today, 10 days after the deed was recorded. The member administration rep was great. I got the member Id and she told me it was processed Friday, 7 days after the deed. She transferred me to another rep who was able to give me my activation code. My points were already loaded! I'm a first time resale buyer.

Here is the best part- I logged into my account for the first time and was able to book a 5 night trip in a one bedroom in Jambo house for December!! I must have been very lucky. I put in a waitlist to add a night.

230 Points OKW
Broker -- DVC Magic
closing -- First Reliable Transfers

Offer on July 16
Counter on July 17
Recountered July 18
Accepted July 18
Rofr July 21
Waived Aug 11
Got closing docs Aug 14
Sent closing doc on 8/16 to first reliable trust
closed on 8/18
deed in OC country registry 8/21

Waiting on Disney now

230 Points OKW
Broker -- DVC Magic
closing -- First Reliable Transfers

Offer on July 16
Counter on July 17
Recountered July 18
Accepted July 18
Rofr July 21
Waived Aug 11
Got closing docs Aug 14
Sent closing doc on 8/16 to first reliable trust
closed on 8/18
deed in OC country registry 8/21

Waiting on Disney now

Did you get an email saying you closed? We sent our closing documents on the 17 and waiting to hear.

My deed was registered on the OC county site last Monday (8/14). I called today to check, as others seem to have heard as soon as a week later, but DVC doesn't seem to have a record of any anything being received from the title company or the broker, since Estoppel was sent out.

So, not sure. I've sent emails to my broker and title company to confirm documents were sent to DVD.

Question - when others have called in early, do you usually get told that DVD has all the information but hasn't processed it yet? Or does Disney not log anything until they start to process it 7-11 days later?

Do all sellers have to have something notarized? Or are there only certain situations (like overseas sellers)??

Animal Kingdom: 100 points

Offer made & accepted 6/30
Sent to ROFR: 7/11
Passed ROFR: 7/30
Received closing docs: 8/11
Buyer Documents received: 8/14
Seller Documents received: .....
Closed: .....
Deed Recorded: .....

Just heard from First American. We are still waiting on the seller's docs. She said that they followed up with them, but have not heard back yet. =/
I called the closing person of Friday and was told everything was pressed and it would take up to 3 days for it to be registered with OC

OK, I think I'm closed! Just waiting for points:

275 BWV contract, December use year

Offer accepted: 7/7
Submitted to ROFR: 7/10
Passed ROFR: 7/25
Estoppel: 7/26
Closing Documents Received: 8/1
My Closing Documents Sent: 8/4 (received 8/7)
Sellers Closing Documents Sent: 8/9 (received 8/14)
Deed Recorded, on OC Comptroller Site: 8/15
Account Number: ??
Points in Account: ??

Based on what others have said, I'll call DVC in 10 days, and ask for Member Administration, to see if I can get my account number.

My title company says they have sent everything off to Disney, and I will hear from them in 3-4 weeks, and they will mail completed documents to me at that time.
My timeline followed yours until it got to estoppel and I am still waiting. Boo hoo. Congrats on your fast turnaround!

Bay Lake Towers
Broker: Vacatia
Closing: First Reliable Transfers

6/5 Offer sent and accepted
6/9 Paperwork in and went to ROFR
6/27 passed ROFR
7/11 Closing Docs received
8/14 Closing Docs Returned by Seller
8/17 Closing Docs Returned by Buyer (me)
8/21 Deed Recorded by the County
TBD Points Loaded into Account

All-in-all, this process took right around 3 months from offer to points loaded (estimating this will be 2-3 weeks from today) with an international seller. I saved $17K by going to resale route, so it was definitely worth it, even if it did take 3 months. :)

Last edited:
I just got the closing docs for VGC. Is there anything special I need to check or look at on these before signing?

Just wanted to give an update to those waiting on membership numbers... My deed was recorded on the website on August 11 at 3:40pm.. That was on a Friday.. I called today around 2pm and was given Member ID as well as Club ID and Activation Codes.. Was helped by member services who had no problem looking it up and providing it once they verified name/address/telephone.. So 10 days overall between deed being recorded and being able to obtain member id information, but 6 "business days" and I was in the system..

Another question, how do I verify the number of points available or banked? It doesn't say in my closing documents.

Just wanted to give an update to those waiting on membership numbers... My deed was recorded on the website on August 11 at 3:40pm.. That was on a Friday.. I called today around 2pm and was given Member ID as well as Club ID and Activation Codes.. Was helped by member services who had no problem looking it up and providing it once they verified name/address/telephone.. So 10 days overall between deed being recorded and being able to obtain member id information, but 6 "business days" and I was in the system..

Great thanks - that's helpful!

I called today, which was 5 business days, and was told they haven't received anything from the title company. My title company says they emailed it to DVC the day after recording - so hopefully when DVC says they haven't received anything, they actually mean they haven't processed anything...

Great thanks - that's helpful!

I called today, which was 5 business days, and was told they haven't received anything from the title company. My title company says they emailed it to DVC the day after recording - so hopefully when DVC says they haven't received anything, they actually mean they haven't processed anything...

I would guess this is the case of them not processing it yet. I know some are saying their membership was processed within a week or so, but when I closed on a contract in May, it took 2 weeks for the points to show up in my account. I think it varies widely based on their volumes of transactions which is different every day. Hang in there. It should show up in 2-3 weeks in your account if you are a current member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter