Closing Time!!

Each Use Year has a separate Member ID even if the deed is titled exactly the same. You will need to manually add it to your online account just like you added the original contract with Member ID and Activation Code.

Thanks. Disney didn't "acknowledge receipt" of our title change until Thursday, so I was told it would be about another week or so before I had a new membership ID. I thought that they would just add it to my online account even if there was a different UY and resort, but she said I would have to add it to the online account after I got my new membership ID. Does anyone know which is right?

I think our second contract was just added to our account without an activation code, the points just showed up in our account after a week or two after we closed. It was a different UY as well.

Yup - you can call in around 10 days and they might give you the account information by phone (make sure you're talking to member administration and not member services!).

Is there a separate number to contact...if not what option on the phone do you select?

Is there a separate number to contact...if not what option on the phone do you select?

Just the main contact line - I don't have it in front of me.

I selected #2 for member administration, and then #2 again. 90% of the time the phone still seems to ring to member services, but if you ask, they will transfer you to member administration.

What an awesome timeline! Aulani took over 3 months; it must have moved on island time.

A ton of credit goes to our seller, who returned paperwork the day that she got it. I thought it was noteworthy, however, that ROFR and estoppel each only took about two weeks. This seems to be an encouraging trend that I noticed looking at other people's timelines. Let's hope it continues for others!

Thanks. Disney didn't "acknowledge receipt" of our title change until Thursday, so I was told it would be about another week or so before I had a new membership ID. I thought that they would just add it to my online account even if there was a different UY and resort, but she said I would have to add it to the online account after I got my new membership ID. Does anyone know which is right?
Mine was just added even though it was a new member number and different UY. Points were loaded a few days later.

Everything finally all settled up and booked a one night stay at Grand Californian. Going to take the big trip to BWV next year. =)

Boardwalk 150 points
Purchased through Resales DVC

Offer made and accepted 6/24
Sent in to ROFR 6/26
Passed ROFR 7/12
Closing docs received by me 7/25 sent out 7/27
Sellers docs received ??? They didn't say
Closed 8/1
Deed filed 8/4
Member Number in mail 8/23

I can't imagine living like that! I am nervous though, and I'll ask about calling if there isn't news tomorrow. I contacted Bonnie today, thinking maybe she could help. I know she said the seller definitely wanted to sell when we had some delay hearing back on our original offer.

Any word back from your seller? I'm still waiting on mine and it's driving me crazy! What happens if it goes past the closing date??

Any word back from your seller? I'm still waiting on mine and it's driving me crazy! What happens if it goes past the closing date??

I called Bonnie who called the seller Friday. The seller overnighted the paperwork so it should be there tomorrow. I'm also curious about the closing, bc our deadline is Tuesday! I hope First American can get it done then. When is yours?

I called Bonnie who called the seller Friday. The seller overnighted the paperwork so it should be there tomorrow. I'm also curious about the closing, bc our deadline is Tuesday! I hope First American can get it done then. When is yours?

I think it's September 5th, so I still have a little bit of time. Watching the prices steadily increase is making me uneasy. If this contract falls through for any reason then we'll have to rethink our home resort choice. There's no way I'm paying today's asking price of AKV! LOL

All done! Just under 7 weeks from start to finish, so that's great. I was proactive about calling broker/title agent/DVD at every step which I'm sure sped up the process.

275 BWV contract, December use year

Offer accepted: 7/7
Submitted to ROFR: 7/10
Passed ROFR: 7/25
Estoppel: 7/26
Closing Documents Received: 8/1
My Closing Documents Sent: 8/4 (received 8/7)
Sellers Closing Documents Sent: 8/9 (received 8/14)
Deed Recorded, on OC Comptroller Site: 8/15
Account Number (called in 8/23 and 8/24 - not ready): 8/25
Points in Account: 8/27

Booked two trips today - three nights at the Grand Californian, and then give nights at BWV for spring break!

Good luck to those waiting...

I think it's September 5th, so I still have a little bit of time. Watching the prices steadily increase is making me uneasy. If this contract falls through for any reason then we'll have to rethink our home resort choice. There's no way I'm paying today's asking price of AKV! LOL

If it's just one form that needs to be re-sent, it seems likely they'll pull it together this week. Then we can wait for points together too! :)

So I am brand new to this thread and DVC! We are purchasing a 100 pt contract at BRV through DVC Resale market, using Magic Vacation Title. Contract listed, we offered, and it was accepted on 7/5, submitted to Disney for ROFR 7/7, Disney waived today 7/25.
Can't believe this but we are still waiting on estoppel. It was less than 20 days for ROFR but now it has been over a month since then. I contacted DVC Resale today and they said they would look into it.

Our Current Status:
AKV - 150 pts

Offer sent and accepted: 6/28/17
Sent for ROFR: 7/2/17
Passed ROFR: 7/15/17
Closing docs received: 7/31/17
Closing docs sent back: 8/1/17
Closed: 8/17
Recorded: 8/17
Packet received, called and got activation code: 8/24
We made it! And in less than 60 days!

Bay Lake Towers
Broker: Vacatia
Closing: First Reliable Transfers

6/5 Offer sent and accepted
6/9 Paperwork in and went to ROFR
6/27 passed ROFR
7/11 Closing Docs received
8/14 Closing Docs Returned by Seller
8/17 Closing Docs Returned by Buyer (me)
8/21 Deed Recorded by the County
8/28 Points Loaded into Account

Finished in less than 3 months. FYI, the points just showed up in my account with a different resort and UY. I didn't have to add anything. I'm typing this as a Harvey Evacuee that's been displaced. Flooding is the worst we've ever seen. I needed to look at some Disney stuff to get my mind off of what's happening at home. :( Talk about all of us needing a vacation!

Bay Lake Towers

6/27 passed ROFR

Finished in less than 3 months. FYI, the points just showed up in my account with a different resort and UY. I didn't have to add anything. I'm typing this as a Harvey Evacuee that's been displaced. Flooding is the worst we've ever seen. I needed to look at some Disney stuff to get my mind off of what's happening at home. :( Talk about all of us needing a vacation!

Hope your doing okay, and everyone is safe.

Hope your doing okay, and everyone is safe.

I'm also in Houston...and I must say, it is absolutely insane how much rain has fallen. 30 inches in some places in the first 24 hours. That was followed up with another 12 to 20 inches of rain on Sunday. That's rain. Not snow.

Over the course of a week, we are expected to get 50+ inches in some places -- which is about the average rainfall for the ENTIRE YEAR.

We lucked out today in that the rain totals were "only" 4 inches or so. It's allowed the bayous and rivers to recede a little; however, our two primary retention dams are close to failure and if they go, we're looking at a much bigger Katrina. So far, the city has responded very well and there have been very few fatalities. We're indebted to our neighbors in Louisiana for bringing the Cajun Army to help assist in rescuing people from their homes. It has been truly amazing to watch all of the volunteers coming in from everywhere trying to help anyway they can. Keep the positive vibes coming our way!

Bay Lake Towers

6/27 passed ROFR

I am so sorry. Keeping you in my thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter