Coke freestyle machines—is it really progress?

Just as everyone seems to be against those machines, I would like to mention positive experiences we've had (at the POFQ so far). Barely a line, and having diabetes, the ability of selecting carb-free drinks that usually do not exist is a very welcomed one.

This is the exact reason why I like them too. When I stayed at CBR it was great because they have them spread out everywhere so we didn't experience much of a line more than 1 or 2 people ahead of us. I love Fanta Orange Zero and Sprite Zero so having them available to me makes me happy but that being said I only allow myself to drink them only a few times during a trip as I have tried to cut soda out.

Absolutely because I can get Caffeine free diet coke.

I enjoy a nice flavored soda sometimes at special occasions (movies, vacation) but really cannot drink caffeine as it flares up a skin condition.

The only places you can get caffeine free diet cokes are cans/bottles or at these machines. I love them

It seems like most people are more likely to enjoy the more fun/rare sodas from these machines and whatever pop you might be used to drinking on a regular basis won't taste right. At least, that's been my experience. I guess I just need to try something different.

We've just been at two resorts with Freetyle machines: CBR and POFQ.

The CBR was nice because there were machines spread out in every village. Unfortuntely not in every building (yet?) and only one machine per building equipped with it, so you might have to wait if some other guests were already filling their mugs, but no more than a few minutes so it was totally okay.

At the POFQ, experience was the best, with 8 machines in the food court, there was hardly any wait.

On the downsides, I had to call maintenance twice during our short stay at the CBR: once, the machine cup was filled with water and spilling out, another, the screen said "low power”. That one puzzled me, aren't these machines connected to mains?

I'm assuming it probably still does not help me since I am a Diet Dr. Pepper drinker, and I believe that is a Pepsi product there in FL (or it was at one point in time.)

I'm assuming it probably still does not help me since I am a Diet Dr. Pepper drinker, and I believe that is a Pepsi product there in FL (or it was at one point in time.)

Freestyle machines are Coke products.

Makes me glad I rarely drink soda! I can't imagine only a couple of machines, how long you would have to wait to fill a cup with folks deciding what to get....

Makes me glad I rarely drink soda! I can't imagine only a couple of machines, how long you would have to wait to fill a cup with folks deciding what to get....

Worst things aren't necessarily people making choices. I've seen a family rinse ALL their mugs with COKE, only to find out they'll need to wait 2 minutes before making another selection. (They ultimately wanted Diet Coke.)

Personally, I love the freestyle machines. We stayed at POFQ last October, and enjoyed trying different flavors. Never had trouble with waiting, enough machines to choose from. We also fell in love with FQ, and hope to stay again. There's several restaurants nearby us with them, so we're no stranger to how they work.

Yes, it is. I already have my Dr. Pepper purchased for my trip later this month. I need the jolt of sugar and caffeine first thing in the morning. I haven’t tried the freestyle machines yet, but y’all are not making them sound very appealing :crazy2:!

I prefer Mountain Dew or Mountain Dew Code Red, but I enjoyed trying different combinations. I really enjoyed Vanilla Coke.

Yes, it is. I already have my Dr. Pepper purchased for my trip later this month. I need the jolt of sugar and caffeine first thing in the morning. I haven’t tried the freestyle machines yet, but y’all are not making them sound very appealing :crazy2:!

Don't pay too much attention to people complaining on the internet. Stuff usually works out better in real-life! It's been a week since we're experimenting with Freestyle machines every day, and except for a few glitches, such as machines missing some flavours, everything worked smoothly.

It will be hard for us to go back to a resort without Freestyle machines in the future.

We stayed at the BC and the Poly early August.

The BC in the marketplace had 2 free style machines. The lines were not horrific. But the machines did not work with a tap like you would do an app from a phone. You had to hold it down for 2 seconds, maybe 3. My dh heard one of the CMs say something about pressing it down longer to work. It was nice to have all the options and if there was a line I just picked a standby drink.

My oldest loved the flavored water! And the regular water from that machine was actually good!

By the pool it was just the standard few choices. And the water was good out there too.

The Poly did not have the free style machine. So sad! And the water was not good out of the machines even though a CM said it was filtered.

I generally only drink water or carbonated water out of those but most of the issues isn't with the machines, it is user error. They are very simple but I've seen people so confused by them. Make your selection, fill, and move along. It isn't hard.

I think they're great for people who like more variety. I love the water and diet soda options.

The complaints here are valid; they can take more time and some things taste off due to cross contamination. I consider those minor inconveniences for having so many choices when I usually only have two at most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter