Commemorative bricks...

SilverCeladon

Mouseketeer
I'm so excited! I'm going to order one later today. I would LOVE to pic of others if they got one also! Did you also buy the acrylic or wood replica of the brick?

I thought it would be so cool to have my children's names on the bricks so they can show their children when they take them to Disneyland. It's forever, you know? How special is that?

It's $150 and although they're not running out of bricks the 50th logo to display on the bricks only available until September 30th, 2006. If I order today it will be on display for February 2007. pirate: :bounce: :woohoo: :banana:

We bought a brick to commerorate our trip next week. It will be my youngest DD first time to Disneyland, and I thought what a neat thing to show her kids. We also ordered the acrylic, but it still hasn't arrived yet. Our brick isn't placed until Nov. Oh well, I guess we'll have to go back to the park soon.

They are $150 and are the bricks that are in the plaza between DCA and DL. You get to put names, dates on there. I there is a limit for how many characters for each line, but I think you get three lines. You also get to pick a design. They have a wedding one, a sorccer mickey one, and of course the 50th one. I think there are a couple others, but I am doing this from memory and I can't recall what they are now.

They are really cool actually. The 50th design is a gold coin on the brick. When I was there last I noticed that there are a few where the coins have been removed. It is very sad that people feel the need to pry those coins out of the brick and take them. I didn't actually see anyone doing this, but that is the only way they would come out as far as I can tell. There is a chance that some may have been loose and came out on their own, but surely not as many as I saw. For that reason, I wouldn't get one of the 50th ones. I would be heart broken if I went to DL see "my" brick and it was missing the coin. I don't know if they (DL) will replace those coins once they are gone fromt he bricks.

:banana: I am going to surprise my DH with one when we go next May, I think I am going to do the Sorccer Mickey one :goodvibes

I emailed Disneyland. They sent me the order form and a pamplet about them via email.

I got our brick back in 2000, when they were still fairly new, and so ours is positioned near the big star in the middle of the esplanade, near the ray that points northwest

11450016brick.jpg

I also have the acrylic replica, but I don't think I have that pic uploaded to the Internet.

so do they leave them there forever or do they "expire?"

I believe there is some wording in the pamplet that say that DL is ever changing and there will be wear and tear on the bricks. Reading the pamplet, it looks like it doesn't actually expire, but after 10 years, it could be gone. If it is gone before then, you could be entitled to a refund. I would email Disney and request a pamplet, all of the if, thens and buts are in there.

It is understandable. No walkway will last forever and will eventually need to be replaced, especially when there are literally thousands of people walking and rolling on them daily.

For anyone who has done this, how long from the time you placed your order, until you found out when the brick would be placed? Also has anyone ordered the wood/acrylic ones, how long did it take to get those?

We bought 3 bricks back in March and they were just installed in early August.

We just got back from our trip and I don't have any photos back yet but as son as I have a picture I will post it so that you can see.

Our bricks don't have the 50th logo as all of the bricks were to celebrate my wedding, and as thank you gifts to my husband and I's parents so their bricks have their wedding dates. Since we had a wedding theme going we got the Wedding Bell icon on the bricks instead of the 50th logo.

We did buy the plastic replica bricks and we love them ,definately glad we got them. I will try to post a picture of this soon as well.

Jax, we also ordered a brick in March. Is yours in C06 by chance? That's where they said ours would be. We'll be there in December to get pictures I was just wondering if they did get it installed yet. As for what mikayla73 said I just hope that Disney gives us the choice of keeping the brick if they want to rennovate or remove the stones. I'd love to bring mine home after it being in DL for so long and absorbing all that pixie dust ....

Niele,

Our bricks are in section C30 so unfortunately not the same location.

If your bricks were scheduled to be installed in August then I am guessing they are there are waiting to be viewed.

Enjoy your trip in December!

I think we got our commerative brick around the time ours was to be placed. Unfortunately I don't remember any more. I know it was no later than when it was to be placed.

Jax, thank you for the reply. Can't wait to get a picture of the family standing around our brick.

Ours is next to one of the monorail posts. We are C11 066.

brick1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter