Compression socks in the parks

AustinTink

DIS Veteran
I have some circulation issues and always wear my Bombas compression socks when we go to Disneyland and California Adventure. They are super comfortable and are easily hidden under my ankle length yoga pants or midi dresses. We go during times where the heat is mild in Cali so the socks have never been an issue.

Cut to this September and our planned trip to Disney World. I know it will be hot as blazes and I’m worried the tall socks will put me over the edge with the heat. Bombas socks are mostly cotton which is why I love them but they can be very hot and heavy on days in the 90’s. I know this because I’m in Texas. Lol.

Anyone wear compression socks in WDW and live to tell the tale?

My husband wears them otherwise he gets the dreaded Disney rash. We try to avoid summer but have done some trips in those super hot and humid times. It’s worth it for him since the rash can get really bad. He definitely feels the heat but the trade off is worth it for him. The brand he wears are SB SOX.

I have some circulation issues and always wear my Bombas compression socks when we go to Disneyland and California Adventure. They are super comfortable and are easily hidden under my ankle length yoga pants or midi dresses. We go during times where the heat is mild in Cali so the socks have never been an issue.

Cut to this September and our planned trip to Disney World. I know it will be hot as blazes and I’m worried the tall socks will put me over the edge with the heat. Bombas socks are mostly cotton which is why I love them but they can be very hot and heavy on days in the 90’s. I know this because I’m in Texas. Lol.

Anyone wear compression socks in WDW and live to tell the tale?
It is the humidity that will be the worst part. Have you been to WDW before?
I always get golfer's vasculitis (google the Disney rash). The sun reflects off the concrete onto your ankles, and looks like a bad sunburn. The socks would help protect your legs from that, but would be uncomfortably hot I think.
1685476052413.jpeg 1685476080724.jpeg

Im supposed to wear compression socks (I have POTS so I get really bad blood pooling) but I can’t handle them in the heat in the summer and fall at WDW. I’ve tried and am way more miserable from the heat than I am with lack of compression.

It is the humidity that will be the worst part. Have you been to WDW before?
I always get golfer's vasculitis (google the Disney rash). The sun reflects off the concrete onto your ankles, and looks like a bad sunburn. The socks would help protect your legs from that, but would be uncomfortably hot I think.
View attachment 764120 View attachment 764121
Yes I’ve been before to WDW around 10 times, usually in the spring. I haven’t gotten that Disney rash before but It truly looks painful!

We haven’t been in a dozen years, so I was young and perfectly healthy back then. Ah, the good old days! Now I have the swelling to deal with when I stand for a long time. Walking is not really the issue more so the standing in place in lines, etc.

I was raised on the Texas coast so humidity is a familiar feeling not that I like it whatsoever. I know Orlando is just as bad.

Im supposed to wear compression socks (I have POTS so I get really bad blood pooling) but I can’t handle them in the heat in the summer and fall at WDW. I’ve tried and am way more miserable from the heat than I am with lack of compression.
I think trial and error is going to be my plan as well. I’ll try both with and without and see what happens.

My husband wears them otherwise he gets the dreaded Disney rash. We try to avoid summer but have done some trips in those super hot and humid times. It’s worth it for him since the rash can get really bad. He definitely feels the heat but the trade off is worth it for him. The brand he wears are SB SOX.
Have him try the Bombas compression socks. I have tried SB Sox and a million others. Bombas are so much more comfortable in general because of their high cotton content. Feels and looks like a normal sock just with a nice squeeze.

I wear them everyday in WDW because they help me with leg pain after standing all day. I have worn them in summer on multiple trips—yes they are hot but it’s not enough to push me over the edge. In a weird way the heat around my shins when I wear them in summer makes my legs feel better, kind of like a heat wrap on sore muscles would. I wear running shorts with them in summer so I look like I’m going for a marathon 😜. I just have ones off Amazon in bright colors, nothing fancy but I won’t go to the park without them!

I wear them everyday in WDW because they help me with leg pain after standing all day. I have worn them in summer on multiple trips—yes they are hot but it’s not enough to push me over the edge. In a weird way the heat around my shins when I wear them in summer makes my legs feel better, kind of like a heat wrap on sore muscles would. I wear running shorts with them in summer so I look like I’m going for a marathon 😜. I just have ones off Amazon in bright colors, nothing fancy but I won’t go to the park without them!
That’s good to know. I like the idea of imagining a heat wrap ony legs. I might just wear them with a tennis skirt and go with some bright colored ones as well. Some of the patterns I have are pretty cute.

There are compression socks that are ankle length. I can't stand the longer ones, but the short ones do the trick for me. I haven't worn them to theme parks but I wear them every day in the hospital.

Is it your feet that need the compression or your legs? Or both?
The legs only. I did 20 plus Disney trips on both coasts without compression over the last 20 years. Last year was my first DLR trip with compression and it was a pain in the rear. We were there during one of your famous SoCal heat waves.

There are compression socks that are ankle length. I can't stand the longer ones, but the short ones do the trick for me. I haven't worn them to theme parks but I wear them every day in the hospital.
Not sure if this would work for me. Will look into it.

I tried wearing them last September and could not stand it and had to take them off after the first ride.
My feet were like balloons though after a few hours.
I will not be able to do a trip at that time of year again due to the swelling and heat.

The legs only. I did 20 plus Disney trips on both coasts without compression over the last 20 years. Last year was my first DLR trip with compression and it was a pain in the rear. We were there during one of your famous SoCal heat waves.

Would compression calf sleeves work? That way you can wear sandals or something and keep your feet cool, which will help with the heat. Your feet help regulate your entire body when it comes to heat.

Would compression calf sleeves work? That way you can wear sandals or something and keep your feet cool, which will help with the heat. Your feet help regulate your entire body when it comes to heat.
I have some. I still need to test them out some more. The material is so itchy and I haven’t been able to find them in any cotton variety. I like Bombas because they just feel and look like normal socks.

But, yeah. I have no issues with my feet swelling. Would love to just wear my waking sandals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter