• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concierge lanyard?

Not disputing your image.

I've seen people with gold concierge keys and all different kinds of lanyards - including silver and platinum. You are just the only person who has specifically identified being given a gold CC lanyard to indicate concierge.

I am sure more will post and confirm and the photo is not photoshopped.

Do not know what more to say to the doubters.

Concierge does not provide concierge lanyards. So, first time cruisers will not get a lanyard even if they are in Concierge. I know this because our first cruise was in Concierge.

After that, your lanyard is based on your Castaway Club status - silver level gets gray, gold level gets yellow, and platinum level gets black.

ETA, assuming you are wearing a lanyard to carry your KTTW card, people would know you are Concierge because your card is gold whereas others are blue.

Concierge does not provide concierge lanyards. So, first time cruisers will not get a lanyard even if they are in Concierge. I know this because our first cruise was in Concierge.

After that, your lanyard is based on your Castaway Club status - silver level gets gray, gold level gets yellow, and platinum level gets black.

ETA, assuming you are wearing a lanyard to carry your KTTW card, people would know you are Concierge because your card is gold whereas others are blue.

Yes we got them at concierge check in we were platinum on the concierge cruises, last one wasn't concierge so we were back to that colour. Reading this maybe they were winding us up and thought we were Gold rather than platinum, but then why do some have the concierge cross keys???

May 2017, our lanyard was silver/gray (4th cruise) and our key card was gold. This was on the Wonder and an Alaskan cruise.

I am sure more will post and confirm and the photo is not photoshopped.

Do not know what more to say to the doubters.

I don't think people are doubting you or assuming you photoshopped anything. If you are saying you got a gold lanyard when you were platinum (over 10 sailings) because you were in Concierge, I think people are trying to let you know the agent checking you in gave you the wrong lanyards.

There are two ways to identify guests:
KTTW cards - Concierge guests (regardless of # of cruises) get gold cards, otherwise first time cruisers get Donald Cards; repeat cruisers get Mickey cards;
Lanyards - should always be based on your Castaway Club status - 1st cruise - no lanyard; 2-5th cruise grey lanyard (Silver Castaway Club status); 6-10 cruise gold lanyard (Gold Castaway Club status); 11+ cruise black lanyard (Platinum Castaway Club status).

So if someone on the 8th sailing was in concierge, yes, they would get a gold lanyard and a gold KTTW card. But someone on their 15th sailing who is concierge should get a black lanyard and a gold KTTW card.

When I sailed in concierge I had a silver lanyard since I had only been on one cruise prior. I didn't use it though I prefer my purse

When I sailed in concierge I had a silver lanyard since I had only been on one cruise prior. I didn't use it though I prefer my purse

Correct. And if you had been sailing non-concierge for that second cruise you still would have gotten a silver lanyard because you were Silver Castaway Club.

Well do " view" the photo provided, a real photo from Castaway Cay at a cabana and taken by concierge.

Eight plus concierge cruises, always Gold ( yellow) lanyard and always gold card.

These have developed a bit over the years, so they added the concierge cross keys logo onto them, but basically over say eight years the general design the same.

As Platinum we have had Gold lanyard, USA, three ships, and European cruises.

The high visibility of the lanyard identified you for CL, in restaurants, priority tendering etc.

I have a draw full of the things, the photo was the first I could find.

Also not disputing your experiences.

Sailed concierge 4 times, Fantasy x3, Magic x1, US sailings. We received lanyards commensurate with our CC level (silver, gold) each time. In three weeks we sail concierge on our first platinum cruise. I expect to get a black lanyard as I've seen on other concierge sailings in the past.

It's really odd you keep getting gold since many others sailing non-concierge will have gold lanyards as well. It's really no differentiator to the CMs; the gold card is.

I'll be sure to report back to this thread if in fact we get gold lanyards.

As far as I know and I have cruised 9 of my 10 cruises in Concierge (#11 and 10th Concierge coming up in March), there is no dedicated concierge lanyard. It's based on CC status. If someone received gold after their 10th cruise, it was just a mistake by the CM checking them in. I've never seen a lanyard with the crossed key concierge logo. The pictures posted by @ACQUADUCK doesn't have the keys on the lanyards, they do have Gold printed on them.

We have sailed Concierge four times, as first-timers, silver *and* gold. We've never received a crossed keys lanyard and have always received a lanyard concurrent with our Castaway Club status. Concierge gave us little blue rope lanyards for our first cruise, along with little plastic pockets to hold them, but we already had our own lanyards with us.

We have sailed Concierge four times, as first-timers, silver *and* gold. We've never received a crossed keys lanyard and have always received a lanyard concurrent with our Castaway Club status. Concierge gave us little blue rope lanyards for our first cruise, along with little plastic pockets to hold them, but we already had our own lanyards with us.
That's nice. I actually gave feedback on our first cruise that we should be offered something.

GOLD card Gold lanyard, card has the concierge keys on it.

I was platinum on the cruise but lanyards were gold.

The lanyard you get depends on your castaway club level. The KTTW is the same (no keys on it) other than being a gold color for concierge.

GOLD card Gold lanyard, card has the concierge keys on it.

I was platinum on the cruise but lanyards were gold.

Just got off the Fantasy a week ago.

Platinum status, got the black lanyard.

KTTW was gold.

Has been that way for years. I have been silver, gold, and platinum in concierge cabins.

The lanyard was always the same as the CC level.

Not disputing your image.

I've seen people with gold concierge keys and all different kinds of lanyards - including silver and platinum. You are just the only person who has specifically identified being given a gold CC lanyard to indicate concierge.

The lanyard color has nothing to do with concierge.

If anyone wants a concierge lanyard you can have one made up ahead of time. Just google it have one custom made.this isn’t from dcl you will have to pay for it but if your sailing concierge a custom made lanyard is nothing for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter