• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Concierge lanyard?

Concierge card - keys in lower left

Blue card - no keys

I just had to grab the card from our sailing.... never saw the little keys in the corner .... and Ive had 15 of the cards!

Looks like the keys were added in 2014, but they blended in with the background of the card. These keys show the concierge card changes through the years.

23kyzgh.jpg

I think that last card was actually the one in use in 2013 too. I can't find our 2013 Concierge card, but I don't remember it having the first Mickey on it. The last Mickey looks like what we had.

I think that last card was actually the one in use in 2013 too. I can't find our 2013 Concierge card, but I don't remember it having the first Mickey on it. The last Mickey looks like what we had.

Yes, that is what we had in July 2013 (the bottom one).

I will note that if you have to get another one made on board, it will “just” be the “commoner blue” so only those who need to know you are Concierge will. It won’t be obvious anymore by just a glance.

Yes, that is what we had in July 2013 (the bottom one).

I will note that if you have to get another one made on board, it will “just” be the “commoner blue” so only those who need to know you are Concierge will. It won’t be obvious anymore by just a glance.

Did they change that recently too? I know we have gotten some replacement cards and they were gold as well. (We got them from the concierge, not from guest services).

Did they change that recently too? I know we have gotten some replacement cards and they were gold as well. (We got them from the concierge, not from guest services).

IDK. This was in 2013 - have not felt the need to do Concierge since. And the lounge was closed when I thought I had packed my card in my luggage that had been picked up for departure.

I like the look of the "Platinum" level black lanyards with the silver trim. Very sharp. Am currently just silver status but they platinum / black lanyards are easily available on ebay. Will be buying some just b/c I prefer their look over the more generic looking grey lanyards we get. I'm sure some would be bothered that we didn't pay our way (yet) to "earning" platinum lanyards but its just a lanyard and doesn't change anything once aboard since it's not concierge related and there are no particular perks that are identified by a lanyard, rather than a KTTWC.

Concierge level is identified by a gold card. If you are silver castaway status you will have the silver lanyard, gold castaway status a gold lanyard, and platinum castaway status a dark blue lanyard with silver threads thru it. You could be silver, gold, or platinum Castaway Status with a Gold card if you have chosen a Concierge Level cabin.

Concierge level is identified by a gold card. If you are silver castaway status you will have the silver lanyard, gold castaway status a gold lanyard, and platinum castaway status a dark blue lanyard with silver threads thru it. You could be silver, gold, or platinum Castaway Status with a Gold card if you have chosen a Concierge Level cabin.

Got it. We're silver, not concierge, but just like the look of those dark blue or black platinum level lanyards. Is it "right" to wear a platinum laynard when we haven't actually cruised 10 times (yet)... probably. But Mickey won't mind so we wont either. Thanks for the info

Got it. We're silver, not concierge, but just like the look of those dark blue or black platinum level lanyards. Is it "right" to wear a platinum laynard when we haven't actually cruised 10 times (yet)... probably. But Mickey won't mind so we wont either. Thanks for the info

We are platinum, and have been for years. I can’t speak for others, but I can’t imagine anyone would have an issue with what color lanyard you wear.

We are platinum, and have been for years. I can’t speak for others, but I can’t imagine anyone would have an issue with what color lanyard you wear.
On our very first cruise of course we didn't have lanyards. I ended up buying a silver one on ebay for like $2, my husband carried his card in his pocket and we kept our kids cards in the safe as they were only 4 and 7 at the time and didn't need them. At the meet and greet our cruise group had people kept commenting "I thought this was your first cruise, how did you get a silver lanyard?" :rotfl2: When I said I bought one on ebay just for myself they were agahast "you should have said something we could have given you an old one of ours!" :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter