Concierge Qs

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
We are slated to stay 3 nights Poly concierge later this month, then move to Villas at Wilderness Lodge. I have stayed at The Poly many times (favorite non-DVC resort), but I have never stayed in concierge level at any of the resorts.

I need info on proper concierge etiquette. I have read that guests should tip, or possibly give gifts to the concierge. I also thought I read that we should check in at the concierge desk instead of the front desk.

Please, any info on procedures that differ from a non-concierge stay are appreciated.

Thanx in advance.....:cool:

We just returned from a Christmas trip and stayed concierge at the Poly. As my kids would say "IT ROCKS!!". You do check in at the concierge desk, I'm not sure where this will be located when you go. I know they're doing rehab on the Hawaii building and I believe they're moving the concierge to Tahiti. I would assume they'll have the concierge desk there but don't quote me. When you arrive, tell the bell hop that you're staying concierge. They'll take you right over to whichever building it is at the time. We didn't tip because I was told that concierge is not allowed to accept tips. What we did do was bring a few things from our neck of the woods (maple syrup, maple candies, etc) and brought them to the desk on Christmas morning. They were SO appreciative! :jester: We really enjoyed our concierge stay. In fact, now we're spoiled. Will be staying concierge for our trip this October! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanx for the info, Gottalovedisney. I am looking forward to trying concierge, and I already know I love the Poly!

Anyone else????:cool:

We did tip when we stayed concierge at the Poly this past summer. The staff was so nice to all of us and really worked hard. My husband and I had talked to some friends who had just returned and they had tipped the staff. We are "tippers" anyway, always tip for great service, so it was just natural for us to tip concierge. We tipped the front desk (concierge desk I mean) once towards the end of our stay and the lounge staff twice, once in the middle of our stay and once at the end. They were very grateful and kept thanking us. We also tipped mousekeeping every day, we do that always even when we stay DVC on points. Also at the Poly we tipped turn-down mousekeeping a few times as well.

Have a Wonderful Trip!!! Hope you enjoy the POly concierge as much as we did!!!!

We have stayed concierge at several of the WDW resorts, and each time I've tried to tip, the CM refused to accept it. I have always been confused by the proper protocol. Also, we planned a lot of our own reservations and PS's so we really didn't utilize their services besides check-in. I think maybe the lounge staff should be tipped, since they do serve us every day. Concierge is a service you pay for also, so tipping practices might be different.

Concierge is a non tipping position. So the proper protocol is if a concierge is tipped that person has to turn the money into the manager or the concierge tip fund as its known and the money is usually donated to a charity of some sort, or of there choice. This a practice for all non tipped positions at disney, and is something that is taught to each cast-member when first attend traditions and if caught keeping the tips, can lead up to termination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter