Concourse Steakhouse

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
Have you been there? How is the food? What's the atmosphere like? Do anyone have pics of this place?

I've been here for breakfast. The food was very good, ESPECIALLY the sticky mickeys! :cloud9:

The atmosphere is nice because you can see the monorail gliding by overhead, without having to deal with the craziness of Chef Mickeys (which is right next door).

We've been there several times and for all three meals. I feel this is a tremendously under-rated restaurant. The breakfasts are some of the best on Disney property. We've had the breakfast quesidilla (sp?) and it was out of this world. Sticky Mickeys are great too (Concourse is the only place you can get them). For lunch, they have various sandwiches, etc and the hamburger I had there is the best I have had on Disney property. Dinners are what you would expect to find at a steakhouse but it is not served ala carte. They had some great fish specials there too. We have never had a single bad meal there and we have dined there about 10 to 15 times for all meals.
The atmosphere is great. It is wide open and airy. You are right there in the middle of the Contemporary watching the monorails go by you as you dine. Tables are spread nicely apart and are actually mostly booths. I highly recommend it.

That is so good to hear because it is on our list of PSs to make for breakfast. I think it will be great to go before our first day at MK. Seeing the monorail while we eat will get us super hyped for the day ahead. Thanks for the question and the responses.

Ali

I had a nice dinner here. The dinner menu seemed a bit limited (much like many of the WDW restaurants). I ordered the Filet Mignon, a salad and a dessert. The food was good though not outstanding. The service was extremely attentive and cheerfull. The decore was okay. I didn't think it was particularly special other than that it was inside the Contemporary atrium. My seat was under the monorail track so I couldn't see the surroundings as much as at other tables. Had a wonderful capuccino parfait for dessert.
All in all it was a fine place to eat but IMHO there are so many other wonderful, fun places to eat at WDW and around the 7 seas lagoon that I probably will not return to the Concorse Steakhouse unless it is out of convenience.

We have been to the Concourse Steakhouse many times. At first, we really liked it but the last few times have not been as good. Steak with gristle, cold food, & smaller portions.

The restaurant is under the monorail and next to Chef Mickey's. At dinner, it can be especially loud. Lunch is definitely a nicer meal to have there.

One thing to remember is that most of the items on the menu are ala carte, so it can get rather expensive, especially for dinner.

I've dined here for breakfast and had the steak and egg's. It was the biggest breakfast I ever had. It was very good and not very busy (I was surprised). Next trip I would like to try the lunch or dinner menu.

wdw4us2 said:
We have been to the Concourse Steakhouse many times. At first, we really liked it but the last few times have not been as good. Steak with gristle, cold food, & smaller portions.

The restaurant is under the monorail and next to Chef Mickey's. At dinner, it can be especially loud. Lunch is definitely a nicer meal to have there.

One thing to remember is that most of the items on the menu are ala carte, so it can get rather expensive, especially for dinner.

I don't remember any of the menu items being ala carte. Each time we ordered a entree, it was accompanied by a starch (potato, rice, etc) and a vegetable. We didn't have to order those individually. That was what we liked about it as compared to alot of steakhouses. We did have to order a salad or an appetizer separately from the main entree though.

Judging by the menus it doesn't seem to serve items a la carte. For example (from All Ears Net:

Our Steaks
Accompanied by Roasted Garlic Smashed Potatoes, onion frizzles,
Cabernet Sauce and red wine butter

Perhaps you were thinking of a different restaurant?

Ali

I agree that it's an underrated spot for breakfast. As for lunch, it's a great spot to visit for a burger (the best in WDW). However, dinner is another story: it's your average mid-range steakhouse, nothing outstanding.

It's like a sticky bun. If I remember correctly (and I didn't have one last time - someone else in our party did), it was a sweet dough with a "glaze". Like a cinnamon bun without the cinnamon. It was baked in a metal (pewter? cast aluminum?) ramekin-like container. I guess the dough puffs up in the container as it baked. You pull pieces off as you eat it. It is very addictive. Hmmmm....I think I made myself hungry for one and will have to get one when I am there in a couple of weeks!!!!

sotoalf said:
I agree that it's an underrated spot for breakfast. As for lunch, it's a great spot to visit for a burger (the best in WDW). However, dinner is another story: it's your average mid-range steakhouse, nothing outstanding.

Oh, it's definitley not one of your on-property upscale steakhouses like Shula's or Yachtsman - but it doesn't have the prices like they do either. I do enjoy the food and also appreciate the casual atmosphere I sometimes want after a day in the parks.

For us this has been a good arrival day dinner. Nothing special, but a nice steak and potato kind of meal that doesn't take a lot of time/effort.

I've had breakfast at the Concourse Steakhouse and it was great. Lots of food, not too expensive, so we found it to be a good value for a WDW meal. We'll be going back in April. Does anyone know if the Sticky Mickey is still complimentary with your meal? I remember they just brought it to our table before our meal arrived, and it was free.

A sticky mickey is kind of like a cinnamon bun, but better than any cinnamon bun I've ever had!

It's served in a cup or tin, and it's overflowingly puffy over the edges. They give you a little cup full of cinnamon-y butter, which you pour into the inside of your sticky mickey after you cut the center of it.

I'm telling you, I'm not a big fan of cinnamon buns in general, but this thing is to-die-for. :D :D :D

we ate at Concourse grill last week wed ( a week ago tonight:()
WE loved it!
great food! ALL of it and service was wonderful!
it is added to our PS list for the next time we get back to WDW, we did not even plan on eating there, but stayed an extra night at CR and wanted a 'SPECIAL" diner- and we got one!!!!! :flower1:
i did bring a menu home for a souvie so if anyone has any questions please let me know!

Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter