CONFIRMED new dining plan Snacks.

Ladybugsy

DIS Veteran
I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread that lists CONFIRMED DDP snacks. Ones that guests have gotten for themselves that have the DDP logo on them, and ones that guests have seen with the DDP logo on them. There are so many "I wonder if's" flying around, I thought we should have some definate information. So other than popcorn, ice cream novelty, water, soft drink, juice, list what is without a doubt a new item for a snack credit. And a picture if you have it :teeth:

While I think this is a good idea, I also wanted to point out that just because it works for one person doesn't always mean the next Cast Member is going to know about it or have the same perspective. So just take that into consideration :)

HalfDozen said:
While I think this is a good idea, I also wanted to point out that just because it works for one person doesn't always mean the next Cast Member is going to know about it or have the same perspective. So just take that into consideration :)

That's true, but like I said in my original post, what I'm looking for is the things that actually have the DDP sticker on them now.

Courtesy of lynninpa...hope you don't mind me reposting this here. (Originally from Mousesavers)

ice cream novelty
frozen fruit bar
box of popcorn
12 oz soft drink
20 oz Powerade
24 oz bottle of water
piece of fruit
bottled fruit juice
flavored milk
snack-sized bag of chips
ice cream sundaes
ice cream floats
smoothies
nachos
bakery items
Mickey rice krispy treats
Also, during the 2005 Food & Wine Festival, snack credits could be redeemed for most "tasting portions" offered in the booths around World Showcase. Hopefully that will also be true in 2006.

Ladybugsy said:
That's true, but like I said in my original post, what I'm looking for is the things that actually have the DDP sticker on them now.
This is a great idea. That's really the magic bullet -- if it has the DDP sticker, then that item is definitely and officially on the DDP, at that location. It would be very useful to have a place to report that, and it might even be a good idea for jjohnson to add that list to the FAQ.

We just returned on Monday Night from Saratoga Springs on the DVC Dining Plan and they had just finished putting out new snack items on the Dining plan. There were large stickers in the Artists Palette shop that signified new snack items. We saw large bags of Dorito's, Smart pop pop corn, Chips and regular size jars of bean dip, french onion dip and cheese dip ? Tostitos brand? These were the regular size glass jars found in grocery stores and larger bags of chips. These were counted as one snack. I asked several times and we used 2 of our remaining credits for 2 jars of cheese dip to take home. Pringles tubes were also incuded.

Also, at MGM we saw that most items at the ice cream stand near rockn roller coaster had the dining plan sticker near them there also. Waffle cones and some slushy things..

Melynny said:
We just returned on Monday Night from Saratoga Springs on the DVC Dining Plan and they had just finished putting out new snack items on the Dining plan. There were large stickers in the Artists Palette shop that signified new snack items. We saw large bags of Dorito's, Smart pop pop corn, Chips and regular size jars of bean dip, french onion dip and cheese dip ? Tostitos brand? These were the regular size glass jars found in grocery stores and larger bags of chips. These were counted as one snack. I asked several times and we used 2 of our remaining credits for 2 jars of cheese dip to take home. Pringles tubes were also incuded.

Also, at MGM we saw that most items at the ice cream stand near rockn roller coaster had the dining plan sticker near them there also. Waffle cones and some slushy things..

This is sooooo helpful. I hope people take pics of the signs and share!

bicker said:
This is a great idea. That's really the magic bullet -- if it has the DDP sticker, then that item is definitely and officially on the DDP, at that location. It would be very useful to have a place to report that, and it might even be a good idea for jjohnson to add that list to the FAQ.

Thanks I added it yesterday.

You-da-man, Joyce! :) (Well, y'know what I mean.) :blush:

bicker said:
You-da-man, Joyce! :) (Well, y'know what I mean.) :blush:

:rotfl2:
I found this so amusing as I am frequently mistaken for a man on the boards. I have THE worst username. What was I thinking!

I'm leaving in about 3 weeks. I'll take pictures of all the snack boards we see. I'll be good to know exactly what's included in the plan instead of guessing/wondering. I'm very curious if Epcot will follow the under $4. They seem to make up there own rules over there.

jjohnson said:
I'm leaving in about 3 weeks. I'll take pictures of all the snack boards we see. I'll be good to know exactly what's included in the plan instead of guessing/wondering. I'm very curious if Epcot will follow the under $4. They seem to make up there own rules over there.

Awesome! Thanks so much!!!

I am going in August and will try to take pics too if we still need them at that point.

Angela

I'm leaving on Friday. I'll be travelling solo some of the time, so I won't have anyone complaining about me taking pictures of menu boards and stickered items. Hopefully, I'll have some helpful pictures to post on the 20th (the dreaded first day after return).

we just got back Tuesday from POP. They had lots of things in the refrigerator case in the food court that I was suprised could be used as snack credits. I didn't take pictures... sorry. But we got boxes (regular grocery sized) of Entemanns donuts, fresh fruit cups, yogurt....I can't remember everything right now. Also, in AK we got waffle cones and smoothies at the Tamu Tamu Cafe in Africa. ~Susan

Hi, we just returned from a trip that started on 4-27 and ended on 5-03. Here are my personal observations of the snack logo:

breadsticks and sauce (3.99) at Pizzafari
wafflecone and icecream in AK over by EE

Mcdonalds in Epcot WS:
large fries
4 piece chicken nuggets

In the fast food place in China the Eggrolls (2) for 3.50 were NOT included as a snack :sad2:

We were staying at the BCV and the Marketplace has a wonderful large pastry cabinet, all iteams under 4.00 were included and I got 2 choc covered marshmellows, 2 rice crispy treats and 2 bar things that had choc and coconut in them (they were WONDERFUL!)
In MGM I looked at lots of different stuff and was supprised at how many things were added, but now cannot rember them all! Sorry! But I know the frozen cokes were there, something at that dinasour and something at that boat on the lake. Also, over by RnR the hard icecream place had some choices as did the cart right by the exit to RnR (smoothies there I think)

I do know FOR SURE that the funnel cakes were not included and are now priced over 4.00 for the cheapest choice.

I did not realize the snacks had changed until our next to last day, so I did not start looking until it was almost time to leave. Makes me wonder if my Sunday night in the MK could have gotten me some great snack?? Or did it change on Monday May 1st? I realized the change on Tuesday. Then on Wed am (prior to leaving) we went into the Marketplace at the Beach Club and used the remaining 6 snacks for the above mentioned pastry.

I will now be working on a post with all our meals and how much we spent, so look for that next!

Just got back from POFQ, which is where we used most of our snacks.

Our cashier let us use our last few snack credits on 'anything that isn't an entree', so we got an ice cream sandwich (huge! $4.99) and milkshake (3.79?). He explained that the plan had changed for the better as of this week.

As for the stickers, there were stickers placed next to the fruit bowls, muffins and danishes, as well as the usual chips, drinks etc.

Hope this helps!

BTW, with all of these choices now, I would highly suggest that no one waste a credit on the steamed pork buns at Herbies. There are really very tiny!!!

I also recall seeing the sticker at Epcot on the roasted/sweet nut stand.

As if there wasn't enough food already, we can now eat even more!

Hi there,

We returned home from Saratoga Springs on Friday, and some of the items of note that qualified for DDP snacks were:

Dole Whip (Yippie!) (MK)
Dole Whip Floats (MK)
Waffle Cones (AK)
Smoothies (though we did get 2 counter service meals deducted for 2 smoothies at Fountainview Cafe at Epcot...it only took 35 minutes to get that one fixed!)

We used most of our snack credits for large bottled water.

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter