CONFIRMED new dining plan Snacks.

SCDizneyDawn said:
We were staying at the BCV and the Marketplace has a wonderful large pastry cabinet, all iteams under 4.00 were included and I got 2 choc covered marshmellows, 2 rice crispy treats and 2 bar things that had choc and coconut in them (they were WONDERFUL!)

We're staying at BC in August, did you notice if you could get breakfast type foods for snack credits? (Not that I wouldn't enjoy chocolate for breakfast) :banana:

ObieTrice said:
Hi there,

We returned home from Saratoga Springs on Friday, and some of the items of note that qualified for DDP snacks were:

Dole Whip (Yippie!) (MK)
Dole Whip Floats (MK)
Waffle Cones (AK)
Smoothies (though we did get 2 counter service meals deducted for 2 smoothies at Fountainview Cafe at Epcot...it only took 35 minutes to get that one fixed!)

We used most of our snack credits for large bottled water.

Jackie
WOO HOO! Planned to pay OOP on *FRIDAY* ( :cool1: ) for my Dole Whip. Kaching, I can save that $3 or whatever it was! I will keep my eyeballs peeled for new snacks and take pics if I can!

You guys are awesome!! I'll be there in Sept. but I'm sure all the snacks lists will be done by then. Can't wait to see the list!!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I'm sure all the snacks lists will be done by then.
I wouldn't be so sure. Like everything else, this is something that will change over time, and routine updates will be necessary to keep things up-to-date! :)

Littlele- Did you notice if the beignets were considered a snack at POFQ?
Thanks for the info!

Dorisk3-
According to the cm, the beignets were included. You just have to have the patience to order them and wait for them to be cooked!

I'm very curious if Epcot will follow the under $4. They seem to make up there own rules over there.

I'm curious about this too. I love the sweet pretzels in Norway. I will buy one if they aren't on the DP, but then I know I will end up wasting food somewhere else. Last year my DS was able to eat a few extra snacks that we bought, but I was never hungry enough to really want anything.

Someone did post that the egg rolls in China were not on the plan, but maybe they are more of a meal like pizza?

My DD and I took a day trip over to EPCOT and MGM on Saturday. I took a photo of a snack listing and will try to post it this evening.

And throughout EPCOT, at all of the snack carts, the general rule seemed to be anything under $3.99 was marked with the DDP logo. For instance, in America, the funnel cakes are something like $4.59, and everything else at that cart is just an add on to the funnel cakes, so nothing was marked as a DDP item. But in the Norway bakery, most of the desserts/pastries were marked with the DDP logo.

I also noticed the Boardwalk bakery had many many things marked with the logo.

And to the person who asked about breakfast items that weren't chocolate, yes many of them aren't specifically chocolate. I know Norway had creme horns and danishes. The french bakery has a very large variety of items under $4 that should qualify (I didn't specifically look in there this trip, but it should follow there since it was true in Norway). The food court in the land has a variety of breakfast foods available, as well as the Fountainview cafe and Electric Umbrella, just to give you places in Future World too.

I am leaving on Thursday for two wonderful weeks in WDW I will try to keep a list of all the new snack items I see. I am hoping to come home with a very long list for everyone!

Thanks Littlele! I would have gladly paid for them but to now know they are included will make them even tastier!

So the nuts ARE considered a snack? That would be great!

I think that more choices are great. I think it should have been at a money lewvel anything under 4.00 is OK

Raspbery Lemonade slushies and the Root Beer/Coke floats are also a snack option now. We got them just last week.

SCDizneyDawn said:
Hi, we just returned from a trip that started on 4-27 and ended on 5-03. Here are my personal observations of the snack logo:

breadsticks and sauce (3.99) at Pizzafari
wafflecone and icecream in AK over by EE

Mcdonalds in Epcot WS:
large fries
4 piece chicken nuggets

In the fast food place in China the Eggrolls (2) for 3.50 were NOT included as a snack :sad2:

We were staying at the BCV and the Marketplace has a wonderful large pastry cabinet, all iteams under 4.00 were included and I got 2 choc covered marshmellows, 2 rice crispy treats and 2 bar things that had choc and coconut in them (they were WONDERFUL!)
In MGM I looked at lots of different stuff and was supprised at how many things were added, but now cannot rember them all! Sorry! But I know the frozen cokes were there, something at that dinasour and something at that boat on the lake. Also, over by RnR the hard icecream place had some choices as did the cart right by the exit to RnR (smoothies there I think)

I do know FOR SURE that the funnel cakes were not included and are now priced over 4.00 for the cheapest choice.

I did not realize the snacks had changed until our next to last day, so I did not start looking until it was almost time to leave. Makes me wonder if my Sunday night in the MK could have gotten me some great snack?? Or did it change on Monday May 1st? I realized the change on Tuesday. Then on Wed am (prior to leaving) we went into the Marketplace at the Beach Club and used the remaining 6 snacks for the above mentioned pastry.

I will now be working on a post with all our meals and how much we spent, so look for that next!
Fantastic about the BC Marketplace. I love the macaroon/choc.chip bars. Dare I hope that the gelato is now a snack?

What great news!! I'm on these boards everyday and I missed this??? Anyway, thanks for the posts. I just saved over $100 for our upcoming trip on Dole Whips alone!!!

Anyone know whether the strawberry swirls at the Enchanted Grove are included? :lovestruc

:thumbsup2 Thanks so much to the OP for this thread! I can't wait for September :cheer2: .

Not on DDP end June trip, but will be paying OOP for snacks (and snacks only b/c we'll eat most "meals" in room) so I'll get a fairly comprehensive list of snacks and whether or not they're DDP. I'm so excited about the new snack options - makes a huge difference to my oppinion of whether DDP is worth it. :thumbsup2 If I run into any snacks not already listed here, I'll happily add them. :goodvibes

Sleeping Jedi Beauty said:
Raspbery Lemonade slushies..... are also a snack option now. We got them just last week.

This sounds refreshingly yummy for May weather. Where did you get it?

Thanks to all who have posted updates and to all who will report back from their upcoming trips. This is such wonderful news in that i am not a "chip" kind of girl and was wondering how we will use all of the snack credits. I know someone on my upcoming trip in who will be a happy person if it is true about dole whips. :thumbsup2 Now, I, on the other hand will be jumping for joy if the crepe kiosk in France is included. ;) If anyone finds out please post. Great news. Thanks :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter