Convince me to stay on resort

Unofficial Guide is indispensible.

If this helps you at all -- we bought a RCI timeshare in Orlando in 2003 -- we have never used it when we go to WDW b/c we don't want to miss the magic of staying onsite -- stupid huh??? It is that much of a difference.

If this helps you at all -- we bought a RCI timeshare in Orlando in 2003 -- we have never used it when we go to WDW b/c we don't want to miss the magic of staying onsite -- stupid huh??? It is that much of a difference.

Thanks that does help, but I get the impression that I won't be getting the same "magic" if I stay at SoG. Is that true?

Does SoG have balconies? Probably our one and only complaint about values and mods is we miss those evening cocktails on the balcony. One of these days maybe we will get a pin code and we will try AKL. Have fun planning.:cool1:
According to their website, every room has a private balcony/patio.

I don't think you will miss the magic from SOG, it sounds like you can actually walk to the Monorail and includes Disney Transportation which was HUGE for us. I thought I saw on their web site that you can see the fireworks from there??:confused3 That would be so cool. SOG really peaks my interest (I am an ex army brat I wonder if Korean Vets count as "retired"?) and the great rates, room size, STARBUCKS, and proximity to Magic Kingdom would have me sold. It does appear they are patio/balconies from the web site and interior hallways (as it is a converted Disney Deluxe). I am very excited for you.

ARe you going in June? If so, then you most likely won't see free dining during your stay anyways. That is expected in the fall. The SOG sounds nice. I read a bit about it. I'm not sure what it all includes "magic " wise. But you are still close! I think you'll enjoy it.

MOST DEFINATELY WDW RESORT:goodvibes . WE JUST SPENT 4 GLORIOUS DAYS AT THE WILDERNESS LODGE DVC VILLAS IN A STUDIO. IT HAD A LITTLE KITCHENETTE WITH FRIDGE, MICROWAVE & COFFEE MAKER. VERY SPACIOUS. WE RENTED THE POINTS ON THIS SITE AND HAD THE BEST VACATION EVER. WE WENT FOR OUR DAUGHTERS 7 BIRTHDAY AND THEY GAVE HER A PIN TO WEAR THAT SAYS HAPPY BIRTHDAY. WELL EVERYONE FROM THE BUS DRIVERS, BOAT DRIVERS, CAST MEMBERS, GUEST AND OTHER VACATIONERS WISHED HER A HAPPY B-DAY. princess: I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW HER FACE GLOWED EACH AND EVERYTIME.

DISNEY IS A MAGICAL PLACE WHERE EVERYONE FEELS SPECIAL. WE WENT TO THE PARKS IN THE MORNING, WENT BACK TO THE RESORT FOR A NAP, THEN AROUND 7PM WE RETURNED TO THE PARKS. WE TOOK IT EASY - WE WERE ON "VACATION". :banana: STAYING ON SITE AT THE RESORT MAKES YOU FEEL THE EXPERIENCE. IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT GOING TO THE PARKS. IT'S ABOUT LAYING OUT BY THE POOL, ENJOYING THE JACUZZI, SITTING OUT BY THE LAKE, AND ENJOYING THE WATER PARADE AT NIGHT. :hippie: WATCHING THE FIREWORKS AT THE WILDERNESS LODGE BY THE BEACH, TAKING A HORSE DRAWN CARRIAGE RIDE. IT'S THE OVERALL EXPERIENCE. I'M 40 AND I FELT 10 WATCHING THROUGH MY DAUGHTER'S EYES. MY GOAL FOR 2007 - BECOME A DISNEY VACATION CLUB OWNER!!! :dance3:

I SAY LIVE THE EXPERIENCE - GET AWAY FROM LIFES REGULAR PROBLEMS. STAY AT A RESORT AND FORGET ABOUT THE REST. IT'S SO WORTH IT.

[
ARe you going in June? If so, then you most likely won't see free dining during your stay anyways. That is expected in the fall. The SOG sounds nice. I read a bit about it. I'm not sure what it all includes "magic " wise. But you are still close! I think you'll enjoy it.
Currently planning on late ?July but I would switch to August if free dining were offered. (if I decided it was worth it to stay at a moderate resort w/ free dining instead of SoG)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter