• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Copper Creek Questions

I was at CCV a few weeks ago and I have a lot of pictures, but I'm not able to post them as they are too large. I tried to compress them but they still didn't work. Is there a thread that helps with this? I would love to post some pictures.

The easiest way for me is to open the picture with Paint, which is part of Windows operating system software for many years now. Once it's open in Paint, there is a button at the top that says "Resize". You click on that and I use the resize pixels setting, with the largest side of a picture being no more than 1024 pixels. Then save the picture with a new name on your desktop and use the "upload a file" feature on these posts to add the picture. That's all it takes. Of course, you can make it even smaller but the way I described gives you big pictures if that's what you want.

The near-100% occupancy of DVC units, combined with the extended timelines for refurb show everywhere.

Totally agree- I think the refurb schedule should be more like soft goods every 3-4 years and hard goods every 7-8 years. With such high occupancy and less frequent cleaning it takes a beating on the FF&E. It's crazy to think that the original plan was soft goods every 14 and hard goods every 25.

If I recall correctly when they accelerated the refurb schedule 2x the last time around it only increased dues by less than 1%. I bet a majority of members would favor more frequent refurbs for another 1%.

Here is my view to the right from room 7109

Here it is to the left

And this is straight across

My guess is you had a pretty nice view of the top side of the MK fireworks as well? I like the view you had...scenic enough without being right by the pool.

Granny, yes, we had a nice view of the top half of the MK fireworks. We could also see the electrical water parade from there if we looked to the right.
It was a very quiet location.

I can't speak to the studios, but we just stayed in a 1BR at CCV and absolutely loved it. We love the more modern look of the rooms, the wood floors, the theming that is subtle but prevalent, the layout, tons of surfaces and storage, overall ambiance of the WL all decked out for Christmas... We typically rent a car during our stays but we did take the boat and bus between WL and MK (during non-peak times) and they were great with no issues. The bus was practically empty at the time and it was a very short ride, although the boat ride was more scenic. Our room was overlooking the water that flows out from the main lobby to the waterfall, and it was very pretty and quiet. We enjoy that WL overall is a smaller resort and it's a short walk to get to most places within the resort. We ate at Roaring Fork, Geyser Point, and Artist Point and had good experiences at all of them, although the service at Artist Point was pretty slow that night. The pool areas and common areas overall are all done well and we enjoyed just exploring the grounds. Some may not like the galley style kitchen in the 1BR, but since we tend not to cook on vacation it functioned just fine for us, and we liked the large dining table. The room was plenty big, although we're a family of three so I'm not sure if it would feel more crowded with a larger group.

We love the Boardwalk area as well and it's hard to beat being able to walk to two parks, but having stayed at CCV I think it's definitely worth staying there if you like the style of the rooms (especially in December!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter