Coral Reef suggestions?

monalsw

<font color=blue>Had an embarassing SpongeBob mome
i'm planning to check out the menu for this restuarant soon, but wondered what your experiences have been?

i'm traveling with my kids, ages 15 and 5, and my mom; i think everyone would enjoy the atmosphere, but we're pretty simple and cheap diners, lol! thinking about maybe just desserr, what do you think?

I'm going to try to go for dessert only. The chocolate wave has gotten rave reviews. For the kids they have peanut butter playdough and something called a shipwreck.

I LOOOVVVE that Chocolate Wave!!! You may want to try a bowl of the Lobster Bisque too(if you like seafood)!

Dessert will give you one of the best dining views anywhere without paying what is sky-high prices, even for Disney.

I'm 2 for 3 on full meals at the Coral Reef - two were just fine, one was the closest I've ever come to a bad meal at Disney.

Wouldn't keep me from going back, however.

I really wish the place had good reviews all the time. I don't think you could really beat the atmosphere. I just don't want to waste that much money for the view. Do they ever frown upon just getting the bisque or just dessert?

Just an FYI on the peanut butter playdoh--it's no longer on the child's menu. They recently had a menu change and they now have some other dessert (don't remember right off hand what it was, but took note of the change because my daughter LIVES for the peanut butter playdoh there.)

As for just the Bisque and dessert--we have done this a number of times.

Sue Ellen

Originally posted by MikeWazowski
I Do they ever frown upon just getting the bisque or just dessert?

I just had the bisque and a glass of wine for lunch one day and it was fantastic. It was also a perfect amount of food for a light lunch.

Melissa

The food's good, but on our last trip I discovered swordfish and I don't like each other. The creamy lobster soup is great! And the atmosphere is indescribable!!! Here's a pic of a table guest:
turtle.jpg

thanks for all the replies!

i still haven't gotten to the menu, but plan to today. after reading your posts, i'm gonna plan on it, at least for dessert!

nanu, thanks for the picture-i'm totally into it now!!!

I'd suggest finding out when there's a Divequest on at the Living Seas... then you can be hassled by some scuba divers! If you go in October, you may be acosted by me swimming up to you upside down and asking if your food's any good...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter