Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Scroll down. The windows client is just a little ways down. No! Not the trial. We have a subscription. For the love of God. I sent you screenshot, just scroll down and install it.
Except when I am working from home, I need to login with a company VPN, and can't access anything, including my wifi connected printer, on my local network. I suppose I could find a USB cable. and work near the printer so I could physically connect to it.

If Disney does declare bankruptcy but still keeps operating cruises, will I still be able to hold on to my credit? I don't want my money back - I want to go on a cruise as soon as it is feasible. I am lucky in that I can actually go pretty much anytime DCL says let's sail.

Unconfirmed, BUT apparently DCL is working on contingency plans for the Wonder and Magic for this summer. Wonder would remain in San Diego doing Mexican ports, Magic would stay in Miami doing Bahamian/West Caribbean/Mayan Riviera ports. Fantasy and Dream would resume their scheduled sailings.

source??

If Disney does declare bankruptcy but still keeps operating cruises, will I still be able to hold on to my credit? I don't want my money back - I want to go on a cruise as soon as it is feasible. I am lucky in that I can actually go pretty much anytime DCL says let's sail.
That would be up to Disney on whether they honor it. If they restructure into another company, then they would do so to get rid of their debt, which, I assume, would include all the credits, but who knows?

Family of 8 booked on Magic April 16. No way are we going and would like refund. At least 2 of us (70+) will not cruise until vaccine is available, so 15 month rebooking is no-go for us. Feel like Disney is playing chicken with us. Can’t believe Disney is even hoping to sail in April. No luggage tags received.

Family of 8 booked on Magic April 16. No way are we going and would like refund. At least 2 of us (70+) will not cruise until vaccine is available, so 15 month rebooking is no-go for us. Feel like Disney is playing chicken with us. Can’t believe Disney is even hoping to sail in April. No luggage tags received.

I wouldn’t worry too much. They’ll cancel that one for sure and you’ll get a refund. We are on the magic 4/30 and for our luggage tags this week but are assuming that cruise won’t happen

The Magic is sending CMs back home right now...wonder how they are going to get their crew back if they do revised itineraries.

Jill in CO
I thought they might be sending home those with a contract that ended prior to the current restart date with pay. Not much point in feeding and caring for them if they have enough workers to clean up-to this point.
So are you saying they are sailing with just the members required to move the ship? I kinda thought that would be bigger national news. Maybe a lot of the contracts were expiring anyway? Maybe it’s an early start on vacation time so they can come back sooner when it’s all over?

The Magic is sending CMs back home right now...wonder how they are going to get their crew back if they do revised itineraries.

Jill in CO

A lot of lines are sending crew home. RCCL has started doing it. A friend of mine on MSC Seaside was sent home two days ago. They've all gone to skeleton crews. I too wonder how they'll be getting a full crew back if some countries haven't lifted restrictions or still have issues.

A lot of lines are sending crew home. RCCL has started doing it. A friend of mine on MSC Seaside was sent home two days ago. They've all gone to skeleton crews. I too wonder how they'll be getting a full crew back if some countries haven't lifted restrictions or still have issues.

I mean, if restrictions are still that tight it’s not likely they’ll be sailing anyway

If true, I am not sure if too many people who booked Alaska cruise on the Wonder or Med cruise on the Magic would be ok with that as it is a completely different sailing than what they signed up for. I hope DCL gives them the option to cancel and provide a refund.
Yes, that would be a no-go for us too. We specifically booked the European cruise to stay closer to home, we're not flying to the US this summer.

I thought they might be sending home those with a contract that ended prior to the current restart date with pay. Not much point in feeding and caring for them if they have enough workers to clean up-to this point.
So are you saying they are sailing with just the members required to move the ship? I kinda thought that would be bigger national news. Maybe a lot of the contracts were expiring anyway? Maybe it’s an early start on vacation time so they can come back sooner when it’s all over?
Maybe with travel restrictions they will have issues getting back. This seems more final than not, especially since CV is hitting places like India now.

Prior to covid19, we had been planning a family Disney Cruise for 11 of us. With the WHO indicating that this virus may go away over the summer but re-emerge in the fall and winter months, we have decided against a cruise for the time being. I don’t want to take any chances of being on a cruise ship and having a second wave of this virus hit and then being stranded. Being at sea has never painted a worse picture than it does now with all of the stranded passengers.

Our cruise is May 9th- we are waiting -if Disney goes , we go.... even if we are on the ship for a week and can't port..... Ocean,Sun,Disney and oh Lord to be out of the house

Our cruise is May 9th- we are waiting -if Disney goes , we go.... even if we are on the ship for a week and can't port..... Ocean,Sun,Disney and oh Lord to be out of the house

Not sure you understand what’s been happening on the cruises that have not ported. Passengers are confined to their stateroom and have limited options to order room service for all meals.

Keep in mind there is a cruise ship stuck at sea with 4 people that are dead and over 100 that are sick because no country will allow them to dock

I just wanted to share our experience in case others have something similar.
We were originally booked to sail out of Cape Canaveral on Mon. Mar 16/20 on Disney Dream.
On Fri. Mar 6/20, we received an offer to change our cruise date with 100% credit if we rebook the cruise sail date within 12 months. We did this, re-booking our cruise to Mar 15/21 as we felt this was our only choice at that point.
On Thurs. Mar 12/20, our original cruise was cancelled and Disney was offering a 125% credit or a full refund at that time to those still booked on the cruise.
I called Disney on Tues. Mar 24/20 to inquire if we would be offered a refund for the original cruise. The representative said that no, we could not receive a refund, but they were waiting for more communication from Disney and that we would receive an email if anything changed.
On Thurs. Mar 26/20, I received an email stating that their records showed that we "were originally booked on a Disney sailing that was scheduled to depart between March 14 and April 12, 2020 and that we moved our sail date......we would now like to offer you an additional cruise credit equal to 25% of your original voyage ......or a full refund of the original voyage" you paid (about 12 K).
I called today and spoke to someone in less than one minute. She cancelled our reservation and said to expect a refund in 60-90 days.
We LOVE Disney cruises but since both of us our healthcare professionals, we would be unable to cruise even in March 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter