• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronavirus discounts on the horizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually presents more like a cold than the flu, more upper respiratory less aches, but usually with a fever (but not always). I have a friend who works at CDC who said most people probably wonā€™t even go to the doctor simply because theyā€™re like ā€œitā€™s just a coldā€, and some may even brush it off as allergies as areas in the southern US start warming up. Who knows how many have it or have had it and didnā€™t/donā€™t know.
I'm blaming my runny nose and watery eyes on the oak tree in the back yard...the yellow pollen gets me every year.

DH read about the CM at Disneyland Paris having the virus. He keeps talking about possibly canceling if that happens at WDW. Still going to make a payment this week.

I no longer go to the doctor with flu like symptoms. Copay went up to $50 this year and labs go towards the deductible. It ends up being $100 to be told I have a virus and need fluids and rest. Waste of time and money.

You have all the medicine you need in your name. :drinking1;)

Would be definitely less over seas guest coming qantas just cancelled a few routes to USA from Australia and reduce the size of planes on others for at least 6 months . My flight to dallas has gone from a380 to 787. Has about half the capacity

Would be definitely less over seas guest coming qantas just cancelled a few routes to USA from Australia and reduce the size of planes on others for at least 6 months . My flight to dallas has gone from a380 to 787. Has about half the capacity

We're coming over on Virgin and hoping there isn't any issues/cancellations there. They don't really have any aircraft to downgrade to so I'd imagine the next step could be cancelling routes or dropping down to alternate days.

Fulton County (Atlanta) schools closed tomorrow, likely longer due to teacher in south Fulton with the virus. Was already going to be a 4-day weekend. I suspect they wonā€™t go back until next Tuesday, will see.

We're coming over on Virgin and hoping there isn't any issues/cancellations there. They don't really have any aircraft to downgrade to so I'd imagine the next step could be cancelling routes or dropping down to alternate days.
Yeah even without the virus around that's a chance. Last yeah I was booked to fly united to Houston from Syd and they went 4 days a week instead of everyday. We went via LAX instead

Yikes! Our Qantas flight is still a A380, but we are going in December. Will be watching to see what happens, but our flight is still some time away........

Hope you don't experience any changes...or at least none that inconvenience you

I have checked the dates for my September trip and there is no availability for value resorts then on the UK WDTC site. I have a good deal, including discounted DDP, so it would have to be a pretty drastic discount for me to go through the palaver of changing my reservation for a cheaper one. However, I doubt if people will start cancelling any trips around the fall until it get's close to the time they have to pay the balance on a trip so the loss is minimal.

I just booked Southwest for our return flight for May. Will the apply the discount if it's already booked?

You can rebook on southwest with no change fee, the difference in the fare is either charge to you, if higher, or given back in the for of a credit that is good for one year from when you booked your original flight if the price is lower.

Fares to MCO have remained the same the last few weeks. I have been checking every few days. No change from MKE.
Not sure what is up with MKE flights! I've been trying to mod a Southwest flight to MKE (from DC) for weeks now, (it wasn't budging earlier in Jan or Feb so I just bought it). Glad I bought when I did ($134 one way), that one leg is now at $220 ($244 earlier this week though!). Even Chicago I was looking at as an alternate option but it too wasn't budging.

A specific flight to MCO I was watching dropped from $207 to $96 this morning (one way) on United, so with their new cancelation policy for March bookings, I grabbed it. I have been seeing lower MCO flights from DC. There is a $49 flight I'd love to do but I can't swing the times (or rather at that airport for that time).

A bunch of people on our May 2020 thread have been reporting their SW flights going down significantly in price.
I just got an email this morning from SW for $49 flights ATL-MCO, too bad I already have tickets for my next trip on Delta (bought on skymiles, but those tickets haven't gone down so I don't feel so bad since I got them at a steal anyway).

My friend and I are trying to plan a girls trip the last weekend in March. Snagged a room, but are waiting for flights. They really haven't dropped that much in price from our airport (BDL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter