CP 2X in 8 days?

bamagirl@hrt

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone! This is my first post, although I've been lurking here for about 4 months. There is so much great info here! Thanks for sharing your experiences & opinions!

I am planning our trip to the World in Oct. I am an avid planner, so this site is just up my alley! I will be able to start making PSs on Monday. Our cast includes me (33), DH33, DD6, and DS3. I am planning 3 character breakfasts, because my kids love them! And, mostly buffets, because my ds is very picky. I was originally planning to do CP on one MK day and Chef Mickey's on our other MK morning. However, after reading Forever42's wonderful review of CP, I'm inclined to go there twice & drop CM. My kids say they would be fine with seeing Pooh & the gang again, since Mickey, Goofy, Chip & Dale are rather plentiful in the parks. What's your advice? Am I missing something grand if I drop CM?

Thanks so much!!
Christy

It's really six of one, 1/2 dozen of another. A very personal choice. My family loves CMs. It's a family tradition. But, CP is pretty terrific too. I don't particularly like to do the same place twice in the same trip. So, my choice would be one of each.

Hi Christy! Welcome to the DIS Boards! :wave:

As far as whether to do CP twice, or CP and CM once each, I agree with goofy4tink - it's a personal choice that should be based on what you think your family will enjoy more. I have the kind of family that has definite likes and dislikes, and if we find something we like we're very happy to enjoy it more than once. We often end up eating at the same restaurant a couple of times in one WDW trip. If I thought we'd enjoy CP much more than CM, I'd go there twice. If your family is more the kind that likes variety and gets bored with doing the same things, you probably would be happier with CP and CM once each.

Personally...I would do them both. They're quite different and each is special in it's own way. CP has Pooh & friends and is more subdued while CM has Mickey, Minnie, lively napkin twirling and the monorail running through the CR...totally different atmospheres. We love both but like to experience as much as we can each trip...we'll be there for 14 days soon and have PSs for both.

CP is excellent..one of our favorites..but CM's is our other favorite. Keep them both...and have a great time. Both are a blast.

Welcome to the Dis!!!:wave: Im gald you found us.

Ive never been to CP but the menu does look good to me. On the other hand, Chef Mickeys is a favorite of ours, so I would deifnitely vote for experiencing both places once. And if you do go to CMs, be sure to try the breakfast pizza. ;)

I agree with everyone else, don't drop your CM breakfast! They're both different experiences, and we thought that CM was a lot of fun.

If you'd really like to return to CP, you could always go for a character lunch or dinner, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter