CP Fall 06

Joanna71985 said:
Well not really, but the only disadvantage is that you're interviewing towards the end. That's the only thing I can think of.

I agree. That is really the only thing keeping me from a real presentation. But don't be discouraged from going to near the end of the program interviewing season, because it's not like they only have bad jobs left or something. When I interviewed last season in the middle of November for spring (which I couldn't go for in the end), I was accepted for my second choice, which was operations (which is a lot of people's first choices). And if you haven't been to a real presentation before, it's definitely better to do that than the e-presentation, in my opinion, unless a real presentation is not really feasible with your schedule.

fristbytte21 said:
i know ppl have searched this b4, but does anyone have a list of questions or know where i would find some that will be asked on the interview? thanks!

I found it by searching through livejournal communities and forums like these. I then typed up these questions and MY responses to them so I would be well prepared and it came to about 4 pages. It really depends on what role you want to do. There are some general questions that almost everyone will get asked and then some specific ones. Here's a list of a few general ones, including ones I was actually asked in my spring interview, and then if you let me know what role(s) you want to be considered for, I can see if I have any of those specific questions too:

1) What is your favorite Disney experience?
2) What is the best thing about the place you currently work now? (if you work somewhere)
3) What is the worst thing about your current job?
4) Give a story about a problem that you encountered at one of your jobs and how you solved it- how you turned a negative into a positive?
5) Know the top few (I had to pick 4) roles you want and give examples of how you would bring magic to them.
6) How would you deal with challenges at work (including with guests, another cast member, etc)?
7) What do you hope to gain from the Disney College Program?
8) How you plan to live with diverse people from all around the country?
9) How would you solve any problems you had with your roommates?
10) What would you look for in a cast member if you were a recruiter?
11) How you have gone above and beyond for an employer?
12) What you enjoy most about your current job?
13) What is the best example of guest service you have seen at WDW (if you have been there)?

And I think that's about it. That's most of my questions, but I also have specific questions for the operations, merchandise, and hospitality roles as well. Hopefully this was helpful! Good luck!

thank u sooooo much feigned....my top choice role is merch and maybe also character assistant and operations, u said u had questions on merchandise and opereations, would u mind posting those too? thanks a tons! (so glad i have time to prepare now lol)

fristbytte21 said:
thank u sooooo much feigned....my top choice role is merch and maybe also character assistant and operations, u said u had questions on merchandise and opereations, would u mind posting those too? thanks a tons! (so glad i have time to prepare now lol)

Of course! I don't have very many of those questions, but here are a few:

For Merchandise:
1) What would you do if someone wanted a specific item that you did not have at your location (store)?
2) Say it's the end of the night and the lines are extremely long, in what way do you add magic to the experience for guests?
3) How would you handle an angry guest?

For Operations:
1) What would you do if a child was too short to go on a specific ride?

thank u sooooo much wow those r really thoguthful questions. good thing i can think about them b4 hand now...but how do u answer some of them? i dont want to steal ur hard work of answering but like for question #2 in merch? or even the specific ride one? i guess for that one i would say maybe next time while suggestion some other gret rides that the child would prob love to do instead...

I think you really have to take the responses and make them your own. Like there is no ONE thing to do, so it's not like how I would respond to them would be the only way there is. Just think of the ways you have seen Disney cast members respond to such situations in the past. Think of things that you could do to make the situation better. It doesn't have to be something huge- maybe just taking some time to make small talk with a frazzled parent, having a stash of stickers for kids, etc. The sky is the limit pretty much.

This stinks. I had my mind set on either being a waiter or bartender ( i do both right now and am pretty good at it) and now neither one of the jobs are being offered for the fall. I just dont want to take some old job and have a bad time down there. Now I have to figure out what would fit me best.

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I wonder why they are not offering those roles for the fall? I hope you can find something that suits you.

It's not 100% guaranteed that you would have gotten that role anyway, so you could look at it that way if it would make you feel better (though I'm sure with your experience, you probably would have if they were still offering it). But they typically do ask you for your top 3-4 roles choices, so it's a good idea to pick out a few that you wouldn't mind having.

yeah its not a big deal. I have the presentation on the 13, so i have a couple of days to think about it

anyone find out any info about the character attendent since i read earlier there questions about that spot...

I don't think you need a special interview for that anymore (especially since it's a phone interview now). But if I find out anything, I'll let you know.

Joanna71985 said:
I don't think you need a special interview for that anymore (especially since it's a phone interview now). But if I find out anything, I'll let you know.

I was considering checking that off on the role checklist, but then I didn't since it was under the roles that needed a separate audition. It was for spring too, and they were doing phone interviews by then too. So I wasn't sure if they really still did ask for an audition or if they just never moved the role to the other list. I guess I can always ask my interviewer if they really do require a separate audition, and if not, if I can be considered for that role as well even if I didn't check it off (actually I did but then I whited it out. :crazy:).

Oh and if anyone else has mailed in their application/role checklist after doing an E-Presentation, a member of a livejournal community I am in said that she called up to see when they would start scheduling interviews and she was told next week! Yay! I can't wait!

Well, if it is something seperate, it doesn't matter to me because I am doing the character audition (so what's one more thing?). Those are the 2 that I want the most- performer and attendant.

Yeah, that's good! I don't think I will be able to make it to an interview, so no entertainment roles for me. Good luck though!

ok i started filling out my application, but im stuck...anyone have anu ideas what to write for hobby/skills....thanks!

Hobbies and skill is the question I got stuck on too!! What kind of things do they typically look for in answer to that? or more, what did some of you put??? :listen:

yea good i am not the only one stuck on those questions lol....does anyone have examples? thanks so much!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter