CR update - photos added

Here are a couple of photos taken from the observation deck at CA Grille yesterday - 2/17/07.

The cleared area towards the lake is where the prior section was removed and the area has been filled and graded. The playground still stands and is to the right. The close-up photo is of the area being demolished right now.

9488P1010004.JPG

9488P1010005.JPG

Thanks for posting the pics Doc. It is exciting seeing the changes happening before our eyes (whatever the changes end up being)

Thanks for the new pictures, Doc! Oh, and welcome back to IN! You must have brought some of that Florida weather with you, because today has been the warmest day we've had in a looooong time! :goodvibes

Take care,
Michelle

Just to provide some perspective here are a couple of more photos. You can see the hole in the parking area now filled with plumbing (looks like sewer tiles to me).

9488P1010007.JPG

9488P1010008.JPG

I suspect it will all be gone by the time we get there the end of April. Could you see anything going on at AKL?

I suspect it will all be gone by the time we get there the end of April. Could you see anything going on at AKL?

I couldn't see that far from the CR observation deck. :smooth:

There is some ground prep going on behind AKL, but no easy way to have a view of that area. The interior rehab of the AKV villas has no public access and no way to get a peek at that area. Actually the best glimpse of any activity related to AKV was at the Cinema building at SSR where there is obvious renovation going on right now - there was a lot of activity, supplies and construction "noise" coming from that building.

Stay Tuned! :teeth:

The remainder of the North Wing is coming down. Some sections are stillin the process of asbestos removal... Once complete, the facility can be torn down completely in advance of some future magic!

Thanx for the pix, Doc. Have you gathered any top secret info as to what the final outcome of this will be?

We know you have contacts in all the right places, so start spilling the beans... ;)

MG

Thanx for the pix, Doc. Have you gathered any top secret info as to what the final outcome of this will be?

We know you have contacts in all the right places, so start spilling the beans... ;)

MG

Looks like that would be a great location for a Goofy Golf attraction or maybe another shop to sell Pooh merchandise ?? :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter