CRO vs WDW Travel Co

luvaladdin

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you
I'm sure many of you on the boards know this, but I consider myself somewhat of a WDW expert and I was surprised. I called the usual WDW reservations phone number and spent awhile on hold before arranging a room. I asked about the cancellation policy and was told 45 days w/no fee, but there would be various fees after that depending on when I cancelled or changed the reservation. Some fees were $50 and others were $100! I asked her to look at a calendar for me to determine the 45 days and it was the next day. I commented about the cancellation policy being different than in the past and somehow I found out I was talking to the travel company and not CRO. I'm glad I asked about the policy, because the trip is very iffy at this point. She easily transferred me to CRO, and I waited only a few minutes there and booked a room. So beware! I'm not sure how it works - is it just timing or luck that determines which you end up talking to?

I believe it's been posted here that the phone system kicks calls over to WDWTC when CRO gets busy.

Other than the cancelation policy what are the differences? Can you use the same discount codes when booking a room though CRO and WDWTC?
Thanks Mike

I had the same thing happen to me. I spent 30 minutes booking everything, just to have to call back later to cancel after finding out (through DIS) that it was WDTC.

When I called back to rebook, I got WDTC again, but asked to be transferred to CRO to make a room only reservation. That worked.

It really does not seem fair that some people do get "duped" and end up with totally different, and less forgiving cancel/deposit policies.

I am so glad for the DIS!!

lauraljp,

Did you use a code discount? also what was different for making you call back?

mlaaw,

I wanted to book AAA rate and WDTC told me I had to book that through AAA. They also had the different cancellation penalties-- 45 days as opposed to 5 days. They also tried to sell me passes and packages.

I posted about my experience, because it did not seem right and was told it wasn't.

This is EXACTLY what happened to my friend for her Trip this coming Dec.! I posted yesterday somewhat confused because instead of the usual 1 night room deposit, she needed to make a $200 dep., and also had the 45 day policy. She tought it was normal for WDW but when she showed me her conf. letter it had the WDW travel heading and that caught my attention as well. She spent 2 hours last night getting everything re-arranged...and she feels much better that she now has the 5 day policy instead of 45.

Mike,

Discount codes are specific as to which reservation system can use them. A CRO code cannot be used on a WDTC reservation or vice versa.

There's a very informative web page up on Deb's site that will explain a lot of the differences for you.

http://wdwig.com/resort.htm

I just called and they told me that if you are DC you can change or cancel within five days without penalty. you have to have room only though.

I just called last Friday and the first thing I asked was who I was talking to (CRO or WDTC). It was WDTC so I asked to be switched over to CRO and she said she can do both. I explained about the cancellation policies of both and I wanted CRO and she said okay and we went on and had a nice little talk and some laughs and booked my room at POR for May.

So just to let everyone know that some of the CM's do book for both offices.

Just ask for CRO when they answer.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Last night when I called to book another reservation I was also told that they could do both CRO and WDTC reservations. She was very informative and a joy to talk to. Wish I could always talk to a CM who was that friendly.

I was finally able to get my fall booking all set up the way I wanted through CRO.

I did get transferred when asking for a room only reservation. I must say everyone I have talked to has been very friendly although not always forthcoming about the way to get the best rate.

Originally posted by paults
...I wanted CRO and she said okay and we went on and had a nice little talk and some laughs and booked my room at POR for May.

So just to let everyone know that some of the CM's do book for both offices.
Actually all of the DRC reservationists have the ability to book through CRO. Even brand new WDTC hires are first taught on the CRO system. Whether they all will do it for you is another question.

CRO agents are only trained in booking through CRO but WDTC agents are trained in both. In fact, when the WDTC CM calls up the computer screen for room only reservations (not the WDTC Basic Package), they are in fact booking you in the same CRO system that everyone else uses.

I had called in November to book CSR for my May trip and the WDTC CM started speeling off all those restrictions, notices and such (I had called CRO). I just said "Well, that's not how it was when I booked for last month!" I told her I simply had to pay a one night's deposit within 14 days then and the rest was due upon check-in.
After erasing all we discussed, she went through the CRO computer and actually, the CRO rate was about $10 cheaper for a total of four nights! What's up with that?

Originally posted by angey77
After erasing all we discussed, she went through the CRO computer and actually, the CRO rate was about $10 cheaper for a total of four nights! What's up with that?
That's the value of your "free" mini golf/WWoS admission that you would have gotten with the WDTC Basic Package booking.

I called today and since the recorded message that I got was the same as usual and the person who answered did not identify himself as anything other, I assumed I had CRO. Well after about a twenty minute speel from me he told me that he could not help me with CM room rates and said he would transfer me to CRO and I told him that's what I thought I called and he said I was the millionth person to say the same thing. I thought that was strange. From what I've read here the real reason he couldn't help me is that they don't handle room only requests not CM rates.

Originally posted by GoldenOldie
That's the value of your "free" mini golf/WWoS admission that you would have gotten with the WDTC Basic Package booking.

Ah, didn't know about that. Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter