Crossing the border by land - What do I need to know?

archdandy

DIS Veteran
My husband's birthday is coming up and so is the date of our last vacation....6 years ago. We are planning a weekend trip closer to Niagara Falls and I was thinking about making a surprise trip over the border. It used to be our tradition to fly out of Buffalo and do some shopping and I thought I know it's not the same as Disney but maybe it will still feel like a piece of it. My only concern is crossing the border, we would be crossing at Fort Erie and head into Buffalo from there. It would just be a day trip so I'm wondering if its even worth it if there will extra hassles. I did see they scrapped the ArriveCan at the beginning of October. The U.S. website says you should be able to give them proof of vaccination. Is there an app I should download for that? Or will the paper copies we got when we were vaccinated enough to show them? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We're in Florida now, crossed the Peace Bridge last Thursday. I also crossed back in August when I was down. No questions about vaccinations either time. I do keep pics of my vax info on my phone just in case, but so far, have not been asked.

Never asked and we cross all the time. We have the proof on our emails.

Every time I've crossed, they've asked if "all the adults are vaccinated", but they've never asked to see proof. We always carry an electronic copy of our vaccination status (downloaded pdf from the QC Health Ministry), in case they do want to see it.

You should have your vaccination proof with you just in case, but I've been through several times in the last 6 months and have never had to show it. Each time they just said "everyone up to date on their vaccinations?"

Would agree with everyone here. Have a copy of your vax status available "just in case".

btw, I had brunch at Resurgence Brewing Company when I was in Buffalo back in August - wasn't bad and they have a lot of options for beer flights if that's your thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter