• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowd question

REEREEG

Mouseketeer
I've read that the first two hours and last two hours of the day are best as far as crowds go. Do the extra magic hours count in that?

If emh start at 8 and regular opening is at 9, is it good from 8-11 or more like 8-10? For evening emh from 9-11, is 7-11 good or the extra crowds cancel out the benefit from 7-9 and they only thin out after 9?

Usually the early EMH is medium crowd level can usually get a lot done but will get very crowded when gates open to public since most people stay. If you have a park hopper I would suggest hopping to a non EMH park.

Night EMH has been a moderate to really low crowd level from my experience even during the holiday season.

Hope this answers your question :D

Also the latter in the day the park is opened the less crowded so if s park is open until 10 (with or without EMH) and another park is open until 1am (again with or without EMH) the 1am park will be less crowded

The 2 hours is a good rule for the mornings I do not find the same with evenings unless a park is open very late

Usually the early EMH is medium crowd level can usually get a lot done but will get very crowded when gates open to public since most people stay. If you have a park hopper I would suggest hopping to a non EMH park.

Night EMH has been a moderate to really low crowd level from my experience even during the holiday season.

Hope this answers your question :D

What time do you plan to leave the park with the AM emh?

We don't stay on property, so we don't get to participate in EMH. We honestly don't even look to see what parks have it on what day, it doesn't really make any difference in our ability to do the things we want. It's a non-issue to us. Generally, yes, the first and last hours of park opening are the least crowded, especially the last hour.

When we stayed on site we would almost always take advantage of the morning EMH. Once we shifted to off site we avoid the morning EMH parks. We enjoy the "quiet period" that exists right after rope drop.

Interestingly our experience is that crowds build at about the same time whether it is morning EMH or not. Right around 10:30am it seems like the crowds really start pouring into the parks.

Right around 10:30am it seems like the crowds really start pouring into the parks.
This is usually the case, I think most people, not the ones here on the Dis but the general WDW visitor, wakes up at around 8:30am to 9am while they are on vacation, and by the time they get dressed, have breakfast, get kids ready, they end up at the parks around 0 to 10:30am

When we stayed on site we would almost always take advantage of the morning EMH. Once we shifted to off site we avoid the morning EMH parks. We enjoy the "quiet period" that exists right after rope drop.

Interestingly our experience is that crowds build at about the same time whether it is morning EMH or not. Right around 10:30am it seems like the crowds really start pouring into the parks.
Thanks!

This is usually the case, I think most people, not the ones here on the Dis but the general WDW visitor, wakes up at around 8:30am to 9am while they are on vacation, and by the time they get dressed, have breakfast, get kids ready, they end up at the parks around 0 to 10:30am
Thanks!

I've read that the first two hours and last two hours of the day are best as far as crowds go. Do the extra magic hours count in that?

If emh start at 8 and regular opening is at 9, is it good from 8-11 or more like 8-10? For evening emh from 9-11, is 7-11 good or the extra crowds cancel out the benefit from 7-9 and they only thin out after 9?
I think 8-11 is good at MK in this scenario - but by 10 am - the headliners are going to have good lines. So - by 10-11 - we are moving to less major rides. And we are thinking about an early lunch - followed by afternoon FPs. As for evening - really does depend on the hours of all the parks and time of year. For a 9-11 scenario at MK when the park closes at 9 pm - and it's winter - 9-11 at MK is probably the only park open - so I think the park will be crowded 7-9. That said - if you try to do lesser attractions in that time - that's doable. 9-11 in nice weather - only park open - it's not going to be great until the last half hour. 9-11 pm when it's 40 degrees out? Enjoy the park to yourself with cast members bundled up like its 20 below.

with EMH being 7am at MK with an 8am park opening. How long will it be with low crowds? I am going to try this Saturday and Sunday but I imagine Saturday will be just as busy as it was today. Do you think we can get 3 hours in?

with EMH being 7am at MK with an 8am park opening. How long will it be with low crowds? I am going to try this Saturday and Sunday but I imagine Saturday will be just as busy as it was today. Do you think we can get 3 hours in?
With a good plan, I'd say yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter