Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we thinking that when they re-open, they will use the # of days since your purchase in full and pro-rate the refund amount? I think that would make sense.

My concern is we purchased our AP's within a week or so of the shutdown and when they re-open, it will be a substantially limited experience.
I'd take a limited experience over what we can do now any day!!

So are we thinking that when they re-open, they will use the # of days since your purchase in full and pro-rate the refund amount? I think that would make sense.

My concern is we purchased our AP's within a week or so of the shutdown and when they re-open, it will be a substantially limited experience.
Disney threw out a couple of options that they hope will be acceptable to the masses. If it doesn't work for you, you will need to make a call and work out another arrangement. (I agree with you when you say the clock should not start ticking again until they are fully operational.)

Disney threw out a couple of options that they hope will be acceptable to the masses. If it doesn't work for you, you will need to make a call and work out another arrangement. (I agree with you when you say the clock should not start ticking again until they are fully operational.)
The question is defining fully operational (yes I want to say that in Tarkin's voice from Episode IV). I'd assume you mean all 4 main gates open and at least one waterpark if your AP includes the waterpark. But if you start saying all rides or all cut entertainment replaced that's just not going to happen. Personally I think Disney opens all the parks at the same time (possibly excluding the water park and with reduced World Showcase and restaurant offerings). But there just isn't a good way of saying "fully operational" other than 4 main gates are open.

The question is defining fully operational (yes I want to say that in Tarkin's voice from Episode IV). I'd assume you mean all 4 main gates open and at least one waterpark if your AP includes the waterpark. But if you start saying all rides or all cut entertainment replaced that's just not going to happen. Personally I think Disney opens all the parks at the same time (possibly excluding the water park and with reduced World Showcase and restaurant offerings). But there just isn't a good way of saying "fully operational" other than 4 main gates are open.
Of course I am referring to the 4 Parks and at least one Water Park. Some people have suggested that the Parks may be opened in phases which would really not work for many Passholders.

Of course I am referring to the 4 Parks and at least one Water Park. Some people have suggested that the Parks may be opened in phases which would really not work for many Passholders.
We are going to get what we are going to get. However, I suspect if a park opens before the others it will be MK and just a couple days max. I could see it happening and Disney just keeping the same essentially no penalty refund rules in place until all parks are open for day tickets. For AP holders, if it's only a few days I suspect it won't matter much. But yeah, if EPCOT opens a month after MK that would be different. I just don't see it happening.

I do think WS could be severely reduced for a few weeks until they get Int'l cast members back. Basically just the Frozen ride and a few restaurants, maybe the movies. Things that don't require much cast member interaction. Same with some of the restaurants in AK.

So what does this furlough mean for union employees? Everyone is much more posative about this news than I was expecting. I actually saw it on reddit first and people there seemed thrilled.
I think that everyone knew layoffs or furloughs were coming. Furloughs are obviously much better and the CM's can apply for the enhanced unemployment benefits that the stimulus bill allows. The lower paid CM's will probably be able to keep making close to what they were making as employees on unemployment with full benefits, so it's not that terrible for them.

I am starting to think mid to late July is possible for the beginning of soft opening, Disney Springs and perhaps resorts with very strict rules. The parks will be much later. Without getting into the details or discussion here, the models with more data coming in are trending a slight bit too aggressive and/or lock downs are helping. Maybe just wishful thinking and probably too early to make any observation but I am looking for hope :). We are by no means out of the woods, stay at home should be in place for April or so, but a glimmer of hope.

I am starting to think mid to late July is possible for the beginning of soft opening, Disney Springs and perhaps resorts with very strict rules. The parks will be much later. Without getting into the details or discussion here, the models with more data coming in are trending a slight bit too aggressive and/or lock downs are helping. Maybe just wishful thinking and probably too early to make any observation but I am looking for hope :). We are by no means out of the woods, stay at home should be in place for April or so, but a glimmer of hope.
I agree with you. I think Mid July at the earliest, most likely late July early August. My daughter is hoping by July 27th so she can do her 21st birthday there.

stay at home should be in place for April or so,

Ohio is already "stay at home" until May 1 but they (Governor DeWine and Dr. Amy Acton) have stated many times that this may go through most of summer for us. Just nothing official after May 1 right now.

I don’t think they’ll open the parks at separate times due to the ticketing aspects. If people spent money on a park hopper they’re going to want to park hop. Also, regardless people buy tickets to have access to 4 parks, not 1 or 2. Springs may very well open first, but I think once they’re ready to open parks, it will be all 4 at once. Otherwise they’re going to have refund/possible class action lawsuits to contend with unfortunately

I respectfully disagree with you... just getting everything back up in running with be a feat in itself... then getting everyone back to work and now with people beginning to be furloughed in the next few weeks... just seeing who is returning local CM's, and new hires, college program kids, culinary workers, just filling the schedule will be quite a task... then thinking about international cast members getting them back and making sure everyone has a clean bill of health... another matter all in itself...

Food is another major obstacle, with all the restaurants closed or practical closed, not just at Disney but Orlando and out lying area ... once things start back up again... the sheer volume of food that will be needed to stock the restaurants... Is going to be insane... plus trying to keep up with the demand with keeping the shelves filled here...

As far as the park hoppers - Disneyland California offers park hopper and only has 2 parks... Disneyland Paris offers Park Hoppers, and only had 2 parks, As well as Tokyo Disneyland offers park hoppers, and only has 2 parks- here the park hopping is different... you are only allow to park hop on day 3 or 4, when purchasing a 3 or 4 day ticket... So if there is more than one park open... you can park hop...

If you know ahead of time what to expect, Which Disney has been forthcoming with what is going on... and once they get the go ahead to open back up... I am certain that they will let everyone know how they plan to proceed, no matter how they go about opening back up... You will have knowledge ahead of time to make your decision.... whether to cancel or come... so it really will be your choice how to proceed... I really think that Disney will let you know what your options are way ahead of time... they are refunding money or changing reservations without any issues... so I think it will be up to you...

Why would there be something so frivolous as bring a class action lawsuit...? if they are up front, and offering refunds, or date changes... what more could you want... ? They aren't hiding anything... and in no way was this there fault...

I really think that it is unrealistic to open all 4 parks at once.... While of course I would like to see things get back to normal as soon as possible...and would really love all 4 parks to open... Honestly... I really think that it will take time...

I believe in magic and pixie dust... pixiedust:

I respectfully disagree with you... just getting everything back up in running with be a feat in itself... then getting everyone back to work and now with people beginning to be furloughed in the next few weeks... just seeing who is returning local CM's, and new hires, college program kids, culinary workers, just filling the schedule will be quite a task... then thinking about international cast members getting them back and making sure everyone has a clean bill of health... another matter all in itself...

Food is another major obstacle, with all the restaurants closed or practical closed, not just at Disney but Orlando and out lying area ... once things start back up again... the sheer volume of food that will be needed to stock the restaurants... Is going to be insane... plus trying to keep up with the demand with keeping the shelves filled here...

As far as the park hoppers - Disneyland California offers park hopper and only has 2 parks... Disneyland Paris offers Park Hoppers, and only had 2 parks, As well as Tokyo Disneyland offers park hoppers, and only has 2 parks- here the park hopping is different... you are only allow to park hop on day 3 or 4, when purchasing a 3 or 4 day ticket... So if there is more than one park open... you can park hop...

If you know ahead of time what to expect, Which Disney has been forthcoming with what is going on... and once they get the go ahead to open back up... I am certain that they will let everyone know how they plan to proceed, no matter how they go about opening back up... You will have knowledge ahead of time to make your decision.... whether to cancel or come... so it really will be your choice how to proceed... I really think that Disney will let you know what your options are way ahead of time... they are refunding money or changing reservations without any issues... so I think it will be up to you...

Why would there be something so frivolous as bring a class action lawsuit...? if they are up front, and offering refunds, or date changes... what more could you want... ? They aren't hiding anything... and in no way was this there fault...

I really think that it is unrealistic to open all 4 parks at once.... While of course I would like to see things get back to normal as soon as possible...and would really love all 4 parks to open... Honestly... I really think that it will take time...

I believe in magic and pixie dust... pixiedust:

I agree. Furthermore, I can‘t see anyone winning a class action lawsuit? Every court in the nation is going to know it isn’t Disney’s fault. Buyer beware. To me it’s like when you buy a car. You assume it’s going to work, but if you get in a car accident, it’s not the manufacturer’s fault. Stuff happens, and this is an unforeseen and unfortunate occurrence, no one is as fault. Look I am an AP owner, honestly, I am thrilled they are just adding the days on. I feel like that is MORE than fair. They don’t have to do that but they are. Kudos to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter