• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it may mean that Disney World could open sooner than thought, it also likely means more dead people...

If things are peaking sooner that predicted, it means less time to prepare. For a State like FL that didn’t have stay at home orders until weeks after other states (at least they got all their spring break business in!), an earlier peak is likely devastating.

But at least Disney World might be open sooner than later!
Actually in the latest model, predicted deaths were down 13%.

I still think mid June will be the earliest WDW opens and is probably what Disney is hoping for best case scenario. That would give them over two weeks to open the parks to resort guest only to work through issues of reopening and then a larger reopening to the general public the 4th of July weekend.

With the college program news of Disney does open in June I don’t think it will be any sort of normal operations. That’s a large piece of their workforce.
It sure appears that either June, at most, gets bankers hours, or “early June arrivals” means they are considering July as the earliest possible opening.

As another indicator, PGA is tentatively scheduling a tournament in Mid June, and has announced the Masters will be played Nov 9-15. They also have the PGA tournament scheduled and confirmed for August 3rd. Expect more sports to announce dates in starting in July and August time frame, in the next few days.

All this bodes well for Mid July soft open and fall Disney open. Start the college program in July and beginning opening back up.

Last edited:
I could really see Disney Springs being the first place to open.

If the gov of FL starts opening shops again by middle of May early June which I think he will, DS will probably open during that time also.

There are a lot of locals that shop and eat at Disney Springs.

As another indicator, PGA is tentatively scheduling a tournament in Mid June, and has announced the Masters will be played Nov 9-15. They also have the PGA tournament scheduled and confirmed for August 3rd. Expect more sports to announce dates in starting in July and August time frame, in the next few days

All this bodes well for Mid July soft open and fall Disney open. Start the college program in July and beginning opening back up.
Per what I have come across so far, anyone arriving for college program or internships post June 15th have not yet received the notice of cancelation. I think this indicated a possible slow opening beginning in June. Obviously this all depends on how things progress.

I could really see Disney Springs being the first place to open.

If the gov of FL starts opening shops again by middle of May early June which I think he will, DS will probably open during that time also.

There are a lot of locals that shop and eat at Disney Springs.

I agree with this, I don't see the stay at home, non essential businesses stay closed after the end of April, the will open by May at the latest. New York might have already peaked. Still we will see a lot of masks being worn in the future

I agree with this, I don't see the stay at home, non essential businesses stay closed after the end of April, the will open by May at the latest. New York might have already peaked. Still we will see a lot of masks being worn in the future
I think mid May to June 1. I think most areas of the country will wait until all areas of the country are two or more weeks past the peek to lift restrictions. They don't want to possible encourage travelers from a hot spot to create a new hot spot.

I think mid May to June 1. I think most areas of the country will wait until all areas of the country are two or more weeks past the peek to lift restrictions. They don't want to possible encourage travelers from a hot spot to create a new hot spot.
I would agree.

If we take that model and ONLY that model, FL is pretty much completely done by Middle of June.

So June soft opening with July picking up full swing is very much on the table IMO.

I just don't see how they can quickly open things a few weeks after the so called peak. They do that, you should expect a jump in cases very quickly. The smartest thing to do would be to slowly open things. Restaurants and bars first with limited capacity then maybe the Parks if things go well.

IMHO the Florida peak is going to be sooner than the model, thinking before the 15th if not earlier. That is the trend that is becoming evident from the real info from other states, Louisiana is already 4 days past their peak. This will early peak will allow for a Mid July open of the Springs if not sooner

As another indicator, PGA is tentatively scheduling a tournament in Mid June, and has announced the Masters will be played Nov 9-15. They also have the PGA tournament scheduled and confirmed for August 3rd. Expect more sports to announce dates in starting in July and August time frame, in the next few days.

pga cancelled British open for July.

Bill Gates keeps going on about how we may need to get to the point where only people who can prove they have had it and so are immune or that have had a vaccine will be the only people allowed to travel.

Seems unlikely, but keep in mind that for places where social distancing isnt possible like at disney, Bill's theory may be the only solution.
That’s a non-starter. As soon as someone introduces a certificate of health or whatever, there will be forgeries all over the place because... people. And they will be so new and unknown that it would be impossible for park security, or airport security, or the police, to check them with any accuracy.

Could Florida have peaked already? IMHO it might have. Today's data is would be between the height of the last two lines on the chart. Couple more days of this trend of new cases over time, we will know for sure after a few more days. I hope it is true. Looks like the social distancing is working at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter