Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done! Safari was useless. Sat on the castle for 35 minutes. Finally tried Firefox on my laptop and got everything done in less than 10 minutes.

next step is find out about resorts. Booked at Riverside for Sep.
I have you beat. I had 5 browsers going. My Internet Explorer took 3 hours to get to the sign-in (with zero refreshing on my end) Will never use that browser for Disney again!

HELP! I keep getting Olaf with an error when I click date and park, no matter what date. AP holder and resort res for August. Ridiculous!

After almost 3 HOURS ON HOLD the CM is telling me you must pay the difference for new hotel if your current hotel is closed. Not discount or special pricing. Also, we had the 35% free dining discount and are being told if we modify our dates they will not honor that 35% discount. Not cool Disney. She put me on hold so hopefully she comes back with better info.
This is what I'm worried about. I was able to reserve our park days but now with being booked at Sports I have to see what is going on there

Could it be because you are contacting them about it so they are treating it as your "choice" to move? I wonder what will happen to the people's reservations who don't contact Disney and their resort is closed.
It was posted here numerous times that if you didn't confirm or cancel before 7 days out you'd be auto cancelled. The CM was like "oh yes we have to move you" so it's a known scenario.

So...if I have resort dates, but no tickets (as I haven't bought them yet), there's no way I can do park reservations, correct? There doesn't seem to be any way to buy tickets at the moment...

After almost 3 HOURS ON HOLD the CM is telling me you must pay the difference for new hotel if your current hotel is closed. Not discount or special pricing. Also, we had the 35% free dining discount and are being told if we modify our dates they will not honor that 35% discount. Not cool Disney. She put me on hold so hopefully she comes back with better info.
Wow .. have to pay the difference? Disney definitely wants to run a bare minimum for the rest of the year and want a lot of self-cancellations.

I could book across multiple trips so that isnt it.
We have 3 resorts stays with passes booked.

-4 night Poly (5 days of passes)
-7 night Riviera (6 days of passes)
-2 night Riviera (3 desired days of passes, only allowing 1 due to “max reached”)

We also have a December Riviera that it will let us make no passes for. We seem to be “maxing out” after 12 passes, regardless of booked and checked-in resort stays.

It was posted here numerous times that if you didn't confirm or cancel before 7 days out you'd be auto cancelled. The CM was like "oh yes we have to move you" so it's a known scenario.

blah...that really stinks. hopefully something can work out for the people in this situation.

That's bogus. Those of us who booked values because we can't afford moderates aren't going to magically have the money to suddenly pay for a moderate (or a deluxe!)

I booked ASM because I could no longer afford Pop since they raised their rates to cover the Skyliner. If they force me to stay at Pop and pay the difference, then I might have to cancel my trip. What a racket!

So...if I have resort dates, but no tickets (as I haven't bought them yet), there's no way I can do park reservations, correct? There doesn't seem to be any way to buy tickets at the moment...
That's how I understand it. I am in the opposite boat -- i have tickets, but no resort reservations (my resort reservation was last week, and thus cancelled by Disney and I had no opportunity to reschedule that (since they weren't doing new resort reservations either).

(not that I would have rescheduled .. no idea even when (and under what conditions) I want to go right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter