Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The availability is the 3 buckets combined though. It makes no sense for people with regular park tickets to still be able to book, but not allow APs to take from that unused allotment. And if they do that, and they’ve rendered APs effectively useless for locals, then I can’t adequately express my anger here in an appropriate way :)
Not disagreeing about availability, just saying showing up at the gate to start a fight doesn’t sound like a good idea. If they are allowing walk ups I’m sure that will come out eventually but clearly the advance park reservation system is in place for a reason.

It does seem like this is a way to cut down on extreme local AP use for a few reasons. At least for now.

Last edited:
Actually feels a bit in bad taste now anyway, right

"Uh oh, looks like you are all infected" - just feels, um, not the best

Maybe that's the real reason they're skipping it.

Honestly it wouldn't be nearly as bad if the scientist dude wasn't so awkward. I have that problem with second hand embarassment cringe and that guy sets it off in the worst way. The waving the hands in the air part and getting matched to a space smurf is actually kinda fun.

I hope it’s her that’s wrong, that would be awfully shady if they quietly took away the option without ever giving a deadline.

I mean, I did say about a month ago that it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they did something like this. They don’t want to give money back. They want to give you options that you’d be less likely to take advantage of, like an extension

Anyone can go get a test in FL. Kids included? Is it easy to find a testing spot?

Government testing is free and available to anyone. Many require appointments. Many places have such high demand that the soonest appointment is 1+ weeks away. Results can take a week or more. Private locations tend to have a shorter wait and higher result turnaround but usually are more restrictive with who can get one, and may not be free. Some CVS locations are now offering drive thru self-swab tests by appointment.

I mean, I did say about a month ago that it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they did something like this. They don’t want to give money back. They want to give you options that you’d be less likely to take advantage of, like an extension

I would be ecstatic not to take money, be able to freeze, and spend even more in the future 😄

The availability is the 3 buckets combined though. It makes no sense for people with regular park tickets to still be able to book, but not allow APs to take from that unused allotment. And if they do that, and they’ve rendered APs effectively useless for locals, then I can’t adequately express my anger here in an appropriate way :)
Regular park tickets might be new money for disney though. They've already had the money from most APs. Sad but true.

And if the post a few up above about no more AP refunds is true.... well ouch. Class action lawsuit coming disneys way I suspect.

Layering masks does not act like a filter. For a mask to offer any protection air has to flow through the mask. The more layers you apply the harder it is for air to flow through the mask. Since a mask does not seal on the face like a respirator, wearing multiple masks causes the air flow to shift from through the mask to sides of the mask and the air you are breathing completely avoids passing through the mask at all. It puts yourself and all other park guests at greater risk.
That's a good point about breathing through the material. Another problem is people wearing a mask on just the tip of their nose, leaving a gap on either side of their nose between their cheek and the mask. If you wear glasses and they fog up, it shows that your breath is going up through the gap instead of out the fabric. If a mask is high enough and there is no gap, glasses don't fog.

Please keep me posted. I agree, they have a certain number of bookable spots, they should open the pool to others if a certain group doesn't take them all

There are rumors that more states are getting added to Florida travel restrictions. I'm from Louisiana, and we've been on the restriction list and then removed. I just hope we don't get added back.
Where is this rumor coming from? I havent seen anything about that. I'm from NC and we are supposed to go down next Friday night

Where is this rumor coming from? I havent seen anything about that. I'm from NC and we are supposed to go down next Friday night
Others are saying it came from a TPAS thread, as well as others saying that they have been told that some states will be added and some states will be deleted. From who, I am not sure.

Regular park tickets might be new money for disney though. They've already had the money from most APs. Sad but true.

And if the post a few up above about no more AP refunds is true.... well ouch. Class action lawsuit coming disneys way I suspect.

Yes, but if no one buys them and they don’t reach their new capacity then there is no reason not to allow APs to fill those spots. Contrary to popular belief, we do spend money in the parks. 3 visits a month is not acceptable when you paid for 30. Especially considering the different tiers of AP are now essentially removed. Platinum APs can’t go any more often than weekday select.

Last edited:
There are rumors that more states are getting added to Florida travel restrictions. I'm from Louisiana, and we've been on the restriction list and then removed. I just hope we don't get added back.

Same boat as you. We leave Monday. At this point, it would be totally arbitrary for DiSantis to start adding states to the list so close to opening. Florida is a hot spot. He is allowing theme parks to open with protective measures in place. To add a bunch of states to the list the weekend of reopening will just lead to a ton of people ignoring the rules and punish a handful of otherwise healthy people that actually want to follow rules.

Same boat as you. We leave Monday. At this point, it would be totally arbitrary for DiSantis to start adding states to the list so close to opening. Florida is a hot spot. He is allowing theme parks to open with protective measures in place. To add a bunch of states to the list the weekend of reopening will just lead to a ton of people ignoring the rules and punish a handful of otherwise healthy people that actually want to follow rules.
Exactly. Even though we are now past the 7 day window, I would assume they would have to refund us if we can't go due to governmental restrictions? Not that that's any better, because we won't be able to go back until 2022, but it would be extra bad if we didn't get refunded fully.

Yes, but I’d no one buys them and they don’t reach their new capacity then there is no reason not to allow APs to fill those spots. Contrary to popular belief, we do spend money in the parks. 3 visits a month is not acceptable when you paid for 30. Especially considering the different tiers of AP are now essentially removed. Platinum APs can’t go any more often than weekday select.

I really think even with the extensions given, they should still give a discount percentage back to the top tier AP's. Like bring Platinums down to Gold cost, Gold to silver, etc.

What about platinum plus APs? They should definitely be brought down a tier in terms of cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter