Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue is we were told that the ONLY way to be able to get into the parks was through this park reservation system. Many of us got up super early or stayed up late only to be met with the predictable IT issues.

We waited on hold for hours. We clogged up the phone lines to guest services. All because we were told that if we wanted to get into the parks, THIS was the way we had to do it.

All for them to be like... "Well, ya know." 🤷‍♀️

Side note.....is anyone else having trouble with re-assigning tickets? Is this something Disney shut down that I was not aware of?

Wow! This is honestly what I was hoping to see at opening. People have to be able to avoid each other as much as possible.

Is Small World all boarded up? I can’t tell what I’m seeing.

In reality, we don't know how many people went today, so for all we know this could be 25/50 percent of the new capacity they will be allowing into the parks in the beginning?

Are we thinking these wait times will stay or will die down as the other parks open? I'm curious if this will be the average attendance for MK or if they'll attempt to boost it in the coming weeks.

Concerning the walk-up tickets, I feel this was completely pre-planned. Which, from a business profit standpoint, is something I would consider. But, and it's a huge caveat, they risk alienating their "most loyal fans". The recovery? Announce a limited number of AP only days from here onward.
I think we’ve all proven Disney right too many times as far as what most loyal fans will do. I’ve seen diehards on here cancel their plans this summer with some strongly worded language... yet those same people are there this week or now have plans to be back there this year. So I think they’re fine with taking that risk for now.

Concerning the walk-up tickets, I feel this was completely pre-planned. Which, from a business profit standpoint, is something I would consider. But, and it's a huge caveat, they risk alienating their "most loyal fans". The recovery? Announce a limited number of AP only days from here onward.

The emails about additional recovery for fees for the overcharge / unexpected charge mess recently happened after a lawsuit was filed. After this today with walk ups but no AP I'm certain some lawyer on Monday will be shooting off paperwork again. Just sucks that even recently it didn't have to come to legal hoopla to get Disney to do right when things happen.

That's what I was thinking of doing but wasn't 100% sure you could activate an AP there. So you can?

You can do anything at DS guest services that you can do at the others. Last year I landed at MCO, took DME to French Quarter then hopped on the boat to DS and upgraded my hopper to an AP there. The boat ride took way longer than the wait at guest services, there was like nobody in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter