Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a forum. Half the stuff on it is speculation and suggestions.
If you don't like the plan or opinion then it shouldn't bother you. But there's no reason for you to sqaush ideas or opinions. Our country was built on freedom of speech and ideas.
But this particular thread is for operational updates about what Disney is actually doing. Not what you’d like to see them do and then arguing with everyone that says it’s not a good idea. But it’s been nice, now time for Ignore.

local AP's can go to the park just like they can right now. Except they would be limited to one park a day and no extended hours. (really that's no different then what they are getting now)>

The CMs and guard would be the same as the NBA CM's that go home each day but are tested upon reentry to the bubble. (Personally I would prefer that they live in the bubble, but that's just me).

If you forgot an essential then you can buy it overprices at the resort store, or have the Mickey delivery service deliver it to your hotel door or to the parks guest relations.

Each Disney park has a medical center in the park (I've seen the one at AK). So they would take care of it. If it was more urgent than that they would be transported to the hospital (but in that case they probably would not be going to the parks for the forseeable future anyway).

Attendance would be fine. Those not staying at the resorts would have the same deal they have now. But if you stay at the resorts you have the incentive of park hopping and extended hours. (a resort person can opt out of that and just have normal hours and no park hopping. That option is always there)
this really wouldn't work, sorry

NBA Experience is closed right now so zero reason to try to dangle that via TV ads during NBA games right now
The purpose of this advertising is to encourage people to plan a future trip. They are targeting people watching the NBA games as they are most likely to want to visit the NBA Experience when they do come to visit.

It is a bit ridiculous though. Also you would have bubble and non bubble people mixing in parks and resorts so what would be the actual point anyway?

It reduces risk while increasing revenue.

Even under the current situation everyone who goes to the park is increasing risk because you are putting yourself with 1000s of people from around the country in the parks.

Park hopping and extended hours increases risk. So we have to offset that by placing those resort guests in a Disney bubble. The resort guest who want the freedom to go outside the Disney bubble and expose themselves to the rest of the population and stores/restaurants in Orlando are free to do so if they opt out but would be limited to one park a day and normal hours (like we have right now)

Hugs. I am an RN that wears several hats at our healthcare organization. We have been in the thick of COVID since late February. During March and April I was putting in at least 80 hours a week. The toll on Healthcare workers has been extreme. We are encouraging everyone to take their vacations at this point because the burnout is almost universal at this point. And I agree that the risk of going to Disney for frontline healthcare workers looks a lot different than risk for a lot of other professionals. But just a note of caution: treat the parks as just as risky as your facility, even though you are on vacation follow the same PPE and cleaning guidelines, and do whatever you need to do to take a mental break from work.
I 100% percent agree with this. My wife and I are both healthcare workers. It takes it’s toll on you. Mental health during this pandemic cannot be overlooked. We have both done our best to make our respective offices as safe as possible for everyone, but the amount of effort and time it takes to do the same job as before it’s difficult. Not to mention the daily risk from those patients who refuse to be compliant with mask restrictions etc. We needed a vacation desperately. Since we still have annual passes and we are DVC members and we could drive, believe it or not a Disney vacation was our least expensive option. We got back last week from five days at Disney and three days at Universal. I can tell you with certainty that I felt just as safe if not safer at both places as I do at work, and definitely safer than out in the general public at grocery stores etc. I wouldn’t hesitate to go back. And the value that it had on our mental health is immeasurable.

Even under the current situation everyone who goes to the park is increasing risk because you are putting yourself with 1000s of people from around the country in the parks.

Park hopping and extended hours increases risk. So we have to offset that by placing those resort guests in a Disney bubble. The resort guest who want the freedom to go outside the Disney bubble and expose themselves to the rest of the population and stores/restaurants in Orlando are free to do so if they opt out but would be limited to one park a day and normal hours (like we have right now)
But there wouldn't be a bubble because hopper and non hopper guests would still mix everywhere.

It really acheives nothing.

It's a forum. Half the stuff on it is speculation and suggestions.
If you don't like the plan or opinion then it shouldn't bother you. But there's no reason for you to sqaush ideas or opinions. Our country was built on freedom of speech and ideas.

I would add that you don't have to come up with a complete solution for every situation for every dynamic. You presented a thought/idea and are allowing others to comment/challenge it by merely posting it (I applaud this as you didn't have to put yourself out there on a branch). There are many who would rather sit-back and critique than expose themselves.

In a way, this is similar to think tanks that I've been a part of with our project teams; a round table discussion that can morph an idea/design into something that might be practical.

But there wouldn't be a bubble because hopper and non hopper guests would still mix everywhere.

It really acheives nothing.
disagree. It packs the resorts which is more revenue and allows Disney to keep more cast members employed (instead of laying them off)

The risk is reduced because those in the bubble are confined to the WDW property area (*can't go to Disney Spring) and are limited to hopping between the 4 parks. The only way a hopper guest would ever pick any COVID up would be from a non hopper guest, but that's the same situation we have right now where chances are there are people at the parks who have COVID.

I’m nervous for what they will say about DL 😞 Hope they are able to open
I feel a bit better considering they didn’t screw over most all of their hotel guests when the guests rebooked. They made a bit of an effort to actually keep reservations, unlike WDW and their weeks of rack rate or suck it. I think *hope* what we’re seeing there is different policies by the different park presidents getting to run their parks as they see fit.

your commitment to the idea is admirable. What about the outside vendors that supply everything to Disney, from paper goods to food? are they gonna be rapid tested as well? everytime

your commitment to the idea is admirable. What about the outside vendors that supply everything to Disney, from paper goods to food? are they gonna be rapid tested as well? everytime
I think we would handle it the same way Disney is handling outside vendors for the NBA bubble/Grand Destino, Yacht Club, Grand Floridian.

I feel a bit better considering they didn’t screw over most all of their hotel guests when the guests rebooked. They made a bit of an effort to actually keep reservations, unlike WDW and their weeks of rack rate or suck it. I think *hope* what we’re seeing there is different policies by the different park presidents getting to run their parks as they see fit.
Oh speaking of which, I saw mentioned elsewhere DL have stopped taking hotel reservations apparently for dates before 1st sept??

Last edited:
^sums it up

And they are in denial that their offerings aren’t enough to entice them. Which I find hillarious. They actually thought they’d be selling all these full price park tickets:rotfl2:

Its just strange. They’re acting like a company that didn’t just lose ~$40M a day for close to 100 days (cant remember if the resorts passed the 100 day mark when they opened). I’m not sure about every theme park in the country, but it sure seems like all of them have at least some sort of ticket discount. Disney doesn’t usually do ticket discounts for the general public, but you’d think they’d do something to bring some cash in, even if its for people traveling in 2021 and not now.

Not sure.

But I know for the hotel staff, chefs and CMs they go home each night and then are tested and re-enter the NBA bubble each morning.
Oh wow. I didn’t realize they tested support CMs every day!

And here in CA I can’t even get a test if I’m not symptomatic (not complaining, just saying that’s why we won’t see mass testing of CMs or WDW guests anytime soon. Disney would be PR slaughtered.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter