Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. I didn’t realize they tested support CMs every day!

And here in CA I can’t even get a test if I’m not symptomatic (not complaining, just saying that’s why we won’t see mass testing of CMs or WDW guests anytime soon. Disney would be PR slaughtered.)
They’re not testing CMs at all. CMs have to take their temps at home before they go to work and if they have a high temp or have symptoms they need to get a test. Disney is not testing the bubble CMs everyday. And they wouldn’t be testing them in the “park hopping bubble“ plan either. Too much of an expense.

Honestly I would be more into this than BatB (which I don't think is a great show - and certainly dated) plus fits the "old timey Hollywood" theme of that area
wondering if they, along with the GF pianist have stayed on payroll. The pianist is performing inside World Showplace at Epcot.

As some PPs have alluded, the flaw in the logic here is that there IS NO bubble if you have others from outside the bubble in the same location.
I think she’s using the term bubble loosely because it’s the hip term right now. What’s she’s proposing would be more of a perk for on site guests who choose this restrictive environment. To call it anything protective or bubble like would be setting themselves up for litigation because people would be no safer in that “bubble” than outside of it. They would just be more restricted in their movements, but gain the perk of park hopping and longer hours(which Disney wouldn’t do because it wouldn’t do because of the added cost for such). But to keep calling it a bubble is wrong.

I’m actually looking forward to the Society Orchestra performances and I’m curious to see what the “and Friends” part includes.

But then, I’m old and welcome the opportunity to sit and listen to live music.

Honestly I would be more into this than BatB (which I don't think is a great show - and certainly dated) plus fits the "old timey Hollywood" theme of that area
Yeah, I like Beauty and the Beast library attraction and the Frozen show attraction at DHS but never liked the Beauty and the Beast one at DHS. There's something missing with it or it's cheaply done compared to the Frozen show or Beauty and the Beast library attraction.

I’m actually looking forward to the Society Orchestra performances and I’m curious to see what the “and Friends” part includes.

But then, I’m old and welcome the opportunity to sit and listen to music.
I think it's going to be along the same lines as what they had with the Pixar concerts. They play a song and a character from that film just walks out and waves, sort of thing

As some PPs have alluded, the flaw in the logic here is that there IS NO bubble if you have others from outside the bubble in the same location.
It's about reducing risk to offset park hopping while increasing revenue. And it does reduce risk because the people who are going outside WDW to go to walmart or Publix on 192 are increasing COVID risk.

Even the NBA isn't a true bubble yet we are calling it a bubble.

Disney society orchestra to replace BatB Live on Stage

It will be interesting to see what the new show is all about. I know Disney cut a lot of the entertainers, so at least it gives the orchestra something to do and allows them to collect a paycheck. The biggest criticism that I had about DHS is that the park is too small and they desperately need some entertainment options. I wouldn't be surprised if they put something into Indiana Jones too. I saw them doing something to the space while I was there, but it could have just been routine maintenance stuff.

I really do hope that they're able to resolve their issues with Equity.

It will be interesting to see what the new show is all about. I know Disney cut a lot of the entertainers, so at least it gives the orchestra something to do and allows them to collect a paycheck. The biggest criticism that I had about DHS is that the park is too small and they desperately need some entertainment options. I wouldn't be surprised if they put something into Indiana Jones too. I saw them doing something to the space while I was there, but it could have just been routine maintenance stuff.

I really do hope that they're able to resolve their issues with Equity.

Yeah, more than anything this seems to me of putting something for people to do (of all ages) in that park that doesn't require equity actors

i think Im gonna start a string of posts about relocating all of Disney to a private island. Post deletion is extremely selective around here.

On a related note, I think the orchestra is actually an enhancement and I wish we could see more classic entertainment such as this, the comedy players, etc. On a regular basis. Having everything plugging an ip gets stale.

Yeah, I like Beauty and the Beast library attraction and the Frozen show attraction at DHS but never liked the Beauty and the Beast one at DHS. There's something missing with it or it's cheaply done compared to the Frozen show or Beauty and the Beast library attraction.

I think for us the reason we never liked the Beauty and the beast show at DHS is that it was just too slapstick.

I think it’s great that some of the Disney musicians are getting a chance to showcase their talent while they workout the details with the actors union. Now that the extra unemployment assistance has ended maybe they will speed up the negotiating.

edited for spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter