Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked in a class 10+ cleanroom for many years and understand particulate generators/quantification when I was in my teens. Naturally, a trigger point would be HEPA or ULPA filters.

But, you're greater point is well received. I have this undesirable trait to translate a potential of an objection into a technical challenge. For that, I truly do apologize.

I have enough wisdom to know I don't have enough wisdom.

With apologies and gratitude....
...May I never spar with you :P

But the most important question...can you take a drink in? And not because I want an excuse to not wear a mask, it’s just that I want to drink.

Edited: forgot the @yulilin3 quote, this is regarding the new orchestra show.

But the most important question...can you take a drink in? And not because I want an excuse to not wear a mask, it’s just that I want to drink.

Edited: forgot the @yulilin3 quote, this is regarding the new orchestra show.
Well, i had a coffee and cinnamon roll from Starbucks and was able to eat and drink while waiting for the show, BUT, I had no one around, i think there were maybe a total of 20 people in the theater.
The cm did see me eating and drinking and didn't say anything

Last edited:
I’m actually looking forward to the Society Orchestra performances and I’m curious to see what the “and Friends” part includes.

But then, I’m old and welcome the opportunity to sit and listen to live music.

I watched it online and enjoyed it! I would definitely go see it live if I were there. No spoilers, but there were a couple of fun surprises in the musical selections and I got emotional at seeing a couple of the "friends."

@Jothmas - Yes, Hunchback!!! Please!!!

Well, i had a coffee and cinnamon roll from Starbucks and was able to eat and drink while waiting for the show, BUT, I had no one around, i think there were maybe a total of 20 people in the theater.
I was there today and heard music when walking to TOT ! Never occurred to me a show was going on lol . We had no clue . I am ashamed to say we walked by at least twice 🤦‍♀️. We return on Wednesday, we will have to check it out .

@yulilin3 Do you know if the same is true at the Epcot American Gardens stage? Wondering if they would allow me to enjoy a margarita and tostada while watching Mariachi Cobre perform on stage...

Anyone have an inside scoop on when things like the portrait silhouette artists may return to Disney Springs or MK?

We tried to get it done at DS but the last 4 visits, the booth has been closed (unless it's moved and I missed it!). At MK earlier this week, the cart was still covered.

Anyone have an inside scoop on when things like the portrait silhouette artists may return to Disney Springs or MK?

We tried to get it done at DS but the last 4 visits, the booth has been closed (unless it's moved and I missed it!). At MK earlier this week, the cart was still covered.

Most likely won’t be back as long as masks are necessary and required. Mask would need to be removed for it. I don’t think it will be available for a long time.

Most likely won’t be back as long as masks are necessary and required. Mask would need to be removed for it. I don’t think it will be available for a long time.
Yeah this sounds right. They’re not going to let you remove your mask for the painting, so they won’t bring those artists back until after masks aren’t required.

👋 Hi, we’ve been here for 2.5 days now. Honestly things have gone really well thus far for us. We did Magic Kingdom on Saturday and Hollywood Studios on Sunday. Posted wait times seem high at points but once in line we haven’t found them to be accurate. At one point BTM was posted at 45, got in line and we were off in 20 minutes. That happened many, many times Saturday.

Hurricane day yesterday at Hollywood Studios was great. Again, wait times not really being accurate. At one point Smuggler’s run was listed at 40, we waited 15. We did everything, including Rise via a 2pm boarding pass.

I’m surprised at seeing people say mask compliance isn’t good. We’re watching and have rarely even seen noses sticking out, much less masks completely off. Yes there are people off to the side who don’t actively have a sandwich in their mouth with a mask off but they are more than 6 feet away from others, outside and not mobile. In two days we’ve seen two people actively walking around without a mask.

We’ve also found spacing in table service restaurants to be done well. We’ve eaten at Sana’a and the Wave. Both are new for us due to pandemic limited dining and we agreed we’ll 100% plan on going back to the wave. Great food!

Off to Epcot today!

uhhhh....why would they tell them to stay in the boat...??? She said getting out was a safety hazard buuuut...am I missing something? This seems really bad.
If people get out and the boat starts moving, then they could be knocked in to the water and the current. The boat didn’t fully sink so they would have gotten wet but no worse than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter