Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong but I’m not thinking parks are going to reach capacity for hopping very often. Anyone who hops to a new park leaves a vacancy at the old park.

I think most will hop to Epcot but as @mattpeto said, it also has the greatest capacity to accept new guests.

I’m confident Disney thought this through and looked at the numbers prior to reintroducing park hopping. Looking at the availability calendar for resort guests (those who I feel are most likely to take advantage of hopping), it’s green across the board from Jan 4 forward every single day for as far as I can see. I don’t see parks reaching capacity so being locked out except for possibly very rare occasions.
Disney is relying on the "typical" guest who comes late and leaves early .. making more than enough vacancies for the die-hards that want to be there from rope drop to park close with park hopping in between.

I don't think park hopping will cause capacity issues -- especially in January/Feb/early March.

Rumor elsewhere says that Epcot Forever didn't run "nearly long enough" and is better choice for a social distancing show and Harmonious won't premiere until 2022.

Martin also commented that the barges were/are being moved because space is tight backstage.

Call me skeptical on Harm 2022, but some of that makes sense if I'm being honest.
Until well after social distancing isn’t required (which will likely not be the case until well into 2021, even with general public receiving vaccines in March/April), you won’t see Harmonious; it’ll be EF. My understanding has always been that Harmonious wouldn’t make its debut until at least all the other “old” nighttime shows return (except the ones that will never return of course). That’s going to take a while.

Remember the barges could still be used as a daytime fountain show. So even if Harmonius doesn’t start until 2022, it doesn’t mean the barges will sit there doing nothing for the next year+

I was thinking about that - would be nice so not just those black boxes out there

Also wondering if they could add them in to EPCOT Forever - not full on like what they are doing for Harmonious (no raising arms or anything) but just lighting up the LEDs a bit with what else is going on

I was thinking about that - would be nice so not just those black boxes out there

Also wondering if they could add them in to EPCOT Forever - not full on like what they are doing for Harmonious (no raising arms or anything) but just lighting up the LEDs a bit with what else is going on
Clips from the attraction/ show that are played during the show, i like it

I am here now - we are in Epcot tomorrow. Would it be something I can grab and mail to you? I know nothing about these pins, so you would need to let me know where they are and what they look like. Then obviously, if you are comfortable DM’ing me your address. I live in Ohio, so wouldn’t be able to send until I get home next weekend. Happy to help if possible!

Sorry didn't see this til now, but I appreciate the offer, but don't worry about it. I'll look when I get back in town.

Been taking too many Ls looking for either ps5 or some sort of other merch this last quarter of 2020. Cmon 2021 bring me some Ws lol

Is there anywhere to get ice cream that is not in a park or at Disney springs? We had planned to ride the skyliner from AoA to the Boardwalk but then realized Beaches and Cream to go is closed.

Fountain is closed, but I think Fuel at the Dolphin counter is open? But that might be frozen yogurt.

Is there anywhere to get ice cream that is not in a park or at Disney springs? We had planned to ride the skyliner from AoA to the Boardwalk but then realized Beaches and Cream to go is closed.
Just Mickey bars in the gift shop. Disney for some reason doesn't think people want ice cream right now. We had a heck of a time trying to find it, even in a park, a couple of weeks ago.

Well, vaccinations moving much faster at work, im scheduled for next week. 😮
Chicago is moving pretty quick in general, so hoping Micky gets his through the VA before May and we can go on trip both vaccinated! Will still wear masks, but will make us feel better if crowds and such.

Vaccination is voluntary and I work at a hospital, so I think no way will Disney require it if hospitals aren't requiring it at this point. I don't even think for employees.

I saw the increased park hours for AK for some nights in January...hopefully that means at least 6 or 7 pm closings in April/May.

If you stop off the Skyliner at Riviera the quick service Primo Piatto has a gelato selection for $5 a serving.

Le Petit Cafe may be hard to walk past over there, lol. Yummy french pastry.

They could be. This ride just doesn’t seem like a good place to do this.
Request to be a pilot or gunner to avoid the plexiglass. My husband and son asked to be pilots (they’ve ridden maybe 3-4 times and have never been pilots) and they obliged.

Plexiglass on frozen was awful. It’s not great on MMRR either. So much glare, it really takes away from the ride. We sat in the front on ROTR so luckily we skirted the plexiglass there.

Last edited:
Well, vaccinations moving much faster at work, im scheduled for next week. 😮
Chicago is moving pretty quick in general, so hoping Micky gets his through the VA before May and we can go on trip both vaccinated! Will still wear masks, but will make us feel better if crowds and such.

Vaccination is voluntary and I work at a hospital, so I think no way will Disney require it if hospitals aren't requiring it at this point. I don't even think for employees.

I saw the increased park hours for AK for some nights in January...hopefully that means at least 6 or 7 pm closings in April/May.

VACCINES

I was so worried that our Christmas trip wasn't going to be that great after everything I have been reading and our last few trips. We were here in July when it was practically empty but so hot that the facemasks were practically melting. Then we were here in October and November and so happy just to see the Halloween and Christmas stuff that we didn't mind if it was busier. How could this trip be better than those???

It definitely has been magical! I don't know if we are just getting lucky or what. We saw the Electrical Water Pageant the very first night because it was coming through as we were waiting for our boat to Wilderness Lodge. We got Columbia Harbor House food (our favorite) at Tomorrowland Terrace. This morning we walked into EPCOT to find the new entrance fountain unveiled. Lines are moving faster because of the plexiglass. I don't LOVE the look of it, but I can't say it has ruined any rides, even when we have been in the back row. And we have ridden almost every single ride in every park each day--plus had lunch and dinner. We've never waited more than 20 minutes for a boat or bus, and almost half of the time we have had a bus to ourselves.

The only place I truly didn't like at all was Galaxy's Edge. It was WAY too crowded--to the point that we ended up leaving right after we rode ROTR. It just wasn't worth it to us.

This is our 4th trip since June and it seems like every time we are here, there are either old things coming back or new things starting. We've seen Santa in two different parks, eaten so many different things in EPCOT, and worn ourselves out every day. I know it isn't "normal" Disney but it's still magical to us.
Not to take away from your experience but if you’re going four times in six months it means you’re a Disney fanatic and probably more willing to overlook imperfections and always see it as magical. If it wasn’t that way to you, you wouldn’t keep going.

We were there for nine days over Christmas and like any vacation there were great parts and not so great parts. Really impossible to believe there is 35% cap, especially at MK & HS. If you told me it was fluid based on demand I’d believe it. We left every park without doing all that we wanted to do because lines were just too long sometimes and crowds became uncomfortable. 75 minutes for 7DMT may not seem bad but when you’ve already do waited an hour for Jingle Cruise then an hour for Pirates then an hour for BTMR, it gets old. But like I said in the Here & Back thread, everything is anecdotal and each day is different.

Request to be a pilot or gunner to avoid the plexiglass. My husband and son asked to be pilots (they’ve ridden maybe 3-4 times and have never been pilots) and they obliged.

Plexiglass on frozen was awful. It’s not great on MMRR either. So much glare, it really takes away from the ride. We were sat in the front on ROTR so luckily we skirted the plexiglass there.
They plexiglassed Frozen?!! Ugg

I see it happened early Nov. I do not recall it on my mid-Nov trip so I guess they were still testing then. Seems like such an awful ride to that to 😢

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter