Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We moved the dates of our trip yesterday. I was glad to see that the Dining Plan is still listed on the new reservation booking form even though there is a disclaimer that it's not currently available. I'm one hoping they will eventually bring it back and even better, hopefully bring back Free Dining!!

Not only that but when you make a reservation, it sends you to the dining plan page briefly but redirects your URL back to a new landing page. It's been doing for months.

It was never going away permanently.

I know there was some reports of lack of social distancing with magical express but I can tell you at least as of today they still are.

We were social distanced both directions the week after Thanksgiving. On the way back to the airport, the driver initially told us that we would have to wait for the next bus. He loaded everyone before us and said we could board. I wasn't sure what to expect, but there was no one in the rows in front of or behind us.

seeing reports that same-day park reservations are now available for parks that were previously shown as "none available" .... might lead more credence to the "increasing to 40% capacity" - maybe saving that extra 5% for day of/park hopping

Yup.

What can they add next that will allow them to increase capacity, because it's likely coming...

Gotta think a show or two will be returning.

One thing to consider with PH returning is restoring only one nighttime show might cause some overcrowding issues by itself by hoppers. Maybe whenever F! comes back, so does EF.

I knew someone would understand. By the time I get back it will be 2 years between trips. We left a few days before Rise opened. I think people forget that some of us can’t just pop down and try for a boarding group whenever. :)

One of my fondest memories as a child was my first ride on Splash Mountain. I was terrified of heights and seeing the drop I would say “No way” every time my parents would ask if I was ready. I was 7 when they finally convinced me and it was because I wanted a splash mountain shirt from the store, and my mom said only people that go on the ride are allowed to wear the shirt. To this day, it’s still my favorite attraction, and a lot has to do with that memory. Even for Rise, I’ll always remember the first time I went on the canons and Kylo weren’t working. I’d prefer that over plexiglass, regardless of how well you can see through the plexiglass. If you know it’s there, and it’s something that irks you before you go on, you’re mentally going to concentrate on the plexiglass rather than the ride itself.

Yup.

What can they add next that will allow them to increase capacity, because it's likely coming...

Gotta think a show or two will be returning.

One thing to consider with PH returning is restoring only one nighttime show might cause some overcrowding issues by itself by hoppers. Maybe whenever F! comes back, so does EF.

there were reports of how on the latest didtal map of DHS there is a lot more detail and activity going on at Fantasmic! so maybe that is coming back - that and EF and extend the hours a bit and that is some decent capacity ... plus having something at noght at DHS promotes people to stay there vs going hopping elsewhere after riding Rise, etc. or even to hop there despite not being able to try for a BG for Rise

Capacity increase?

***Rumor being reported on wdwmagic by TheVisionarySoul that on Jan 1, WDW increased capacity to 40%...

It was part of the park-hopping roll-out.

Not sure if true and I'm not familiar with poster, but seems plausible.
We're ALL guessing here but if they did increase capacity it's odd they'd do it after the holidays when parks were sold out and they could have made a lot more money. Or they quietly did it before but feel comfortable leaking it now? Who knows.

I know there was some reports of lack of social distancing with magical express but I can tell you at least as of today they still are.
To the resorts it's always been spaced out, it was back to MCO that was an issue. And it appears to be intermittent. If it's full because it's necessary then it's full... if not it's spaced out. Wait does this mean you're there?!

Edit: looks like you are, have a great time :smickey:

Does it seem like a lot of the Marathon crowd kept their reservations? How are the resorts in terms of occupancy?

Does it seem like a lot of the Marathon crowd kept their reservations? How are the resorts in terms of occupancy?
Hard to say so far. I am part of a lot of RunDisney groups and based on that I do know a good amount did Lee their reservations. AK was not crowded but also wasn’t completely dead.

Just left DHS and it's probably the busiest ive seen it. All 3 backstage gates were opened at Batuu for the MFSR queue. At the toll booth i did hear the cm tell the car pulling up to check to make same day reservations

We haven't been to HS in a couple months (there is very little for my toddler to do...) but since park hopping is back, we were going to go next week. Would you say crowds were largest in the morning or afternoon?

We basically want to ride MMRR and TSMM and that's it :confused3

We haven't been to HS in a couple months (there is very little for my toddler to do...) but since park hopping is back, we were going to go next week. Would you say crowds were largest in the morning or afternoon?

We basically want to ride MMRR and TSMM and that's it :confused3
rope drop or stay until closing. Midday is always the worst. I've done MMRR with a 10 min wait at closing

rope drop or stay until closing. Midday is always the worst. I've done MMRR with a 10 min wait att closing

Thank you! We haven't been since the Rise virtual queue changed (and the park was insane at opening) so I wasn't sure how crowds were now.

Just left DHS and it's probably the busiest ive seen it. All 3 backstage gates were opened at Batuu for the MFSR queue. At the toll booth i did hear the cm tell the car pulling up to check to make same day reservations

Seems like just a year ago there were posts and articles saying how bad the crowds were at HS and that folks coming to WDW may want to avoid that park. It was after RotR opened with BGs and well before MMRR opened, and park hopping was normal.

Last edited:
Can you park hop with an AP? Planning our June trip and I have an AP but the rest of my family doesn't. I'm looking at buying their tix but want to make sure if I buy them parkhoppers that I can PH too! TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter