Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been more frequent as of late. I feel that if preshow are down especially one more than the other that the ride should be shut down.
Finally getting caught up, ROTR is one of my favorite rides = tied with FOP for us. With the preshow eliminated we felt it took the whole experience for us down a notch. I am so glad we rode it earlier in the year having the full experience, I felt underwhelmed because the preshow is what made our "first time" on it all the more amazing.

Finally getting caught up, ROTR is one of my favorite rides = tied with FOP for us. With the preshow eliminated we felt it took the whole experience for us down a notch. I am so glad we rode it earlier in the year having the full experience, I felt underwhelmed because the preshow is what made our "first time" on it all the more amazing.

I can totally understand that

The flip side/Devil's Advocate take - for those that have never ridden, would they prefer to get at least part of the ride/no preshows vs not riding at all? And also knowing the ride takes a while to reset and no idea how long it would take to fix the preshow issues (if they even could that day) - that could mean the difference for 1,000 people to get to ride *some* of it vs not

The flip side/Devil's Advocate take - for those that have never ridden, would they prefer to get at least part of the ride/no preshows vs not riding at all? And also knowing the ride takes a while to reset and no idea how long it would take to fix the preshow issues (if they even could that day) - that could mean the difference for 1,000 people to get to ride *some* of it vs not

Nice response, but one demerit for not including a sentence with the word "cognoscenti".

I’d say the preshow for Rise is by far the best part of the entire attraction. I’d rather lose the actual ride portion than it. Something is better than nothing though, both parts are still quite good independently.

I’d say the preshow for Rise is by far the best part of the entire attraction. I’d rather lose the actual ride portion than it. Something is better than nothing though, both parts are still quite good independently.

yeah, I agree - and also one of those things where the sum is greater than the pieces too

Obviously they would know more than us so part of it might be not knowing how long it would take to fix, etc. I do think it is something where perhaps trading an hour or two of downtime to get the whole thing working is worth it - but if it means missing half the day or more then I can understand running only part of it

This is part of the dilemma for us. In addition to COVID worries, this has us considering delaying our trip for a third time (May'20 -> Dec. '20 -> May '21) to December '21. Since we've not been since 2016, there's a lot of new things we're looking forward to, and I'm not sure if I want our first time experiencing things like RotR, MF:SR, FoP, MMR, etc. to be an abridged version.

I won’t ride RotR for the first time unless it’s complete and the plexiglass is gone. If that means skipping it this year then we will.

It might not be, but I want my first ride to be the way it should be. I honestly don’t know what I’m missing, so I’m ok with waiting.

Absolutely wait. Obviously you’d eventually go on it again down the line without the plexiglass even if you went on it with the plexiglass on your next trip, but there are certain attractions where they trigger a memory of your first time on it, and this is absolutely one of those rides. Personally, I wouldn’t want to remember the first time I rode it being the way it is now. For some it’s not a big deal.

Absolutely wait. Obviously you’d eventually go on it again down the line without the plexiglass even if you went on it with the plexiglass on your next trip, but there are certain attractions where they trigger a memory of your first time on it, and this is absolutely one of those rides. Personally, I wouldn’t want to remember the first time I rode it being the way it is now. For some it’s not a big deal.

I knew someone would understand. By the time I get back it will be 2 years between trips. We left a few days before Rise opened. I think people forget that some of us can’t just pop down and try for a boarding group whenever. :)

I knew someone would understand. By the time I get back it will be 2 years between trips. We left a few days before Rise opened. I think people forget that some of us can’t just pop down and try for a boarding group whenever. :)

But wouldn't mean all the more reason to ride it?

I'm not gonna to try to persuade you either way, but I just think as far this ride is concerned, it's really not as big of a deal.

Just a heads up: I have two annual passes in my cart on the website. I chatted with a CM since my account was supposed to be noted to allow an exception to upgrade my recently used tickets, but the CM said they are still not selling annual passes. I’m not sure if this is a fluke, or if it’s a sign that sales are on the horizon. I’m going to try calling a little later, but fingers crossed!

Just as Eisner closed Disneyland’s to save money, Chapek is lulling y’all into the same fate... get ready for weirdo plants, weirdo banners and just general ugliness from your soon to be abandoned People Mover.

sincerely,
A Disgruntled Disneyland Vet
Why would they bother doing all the work if they're just going to close it? The motors are replaced, the trains were running at one point when we were there in December.

Just a heads up: I have two annual passes in my cart on the website. I chatted with a CM since my account was supposed to be noted to allow an exception to upgrade my recently used tickets, but the CM said they are still not selling annual passes. I’m not sure if this is a fluke, or if it’s a sign that sales are on the horizon. I’m going to try calling a little later, but fingers crossed!
I wonder if it would allow you to complete the transaction online

There have been reports of this since June on here. People are able to add them to the cart, but can’t complete checkout. It’s nothing new, unfortunately. Just an IT glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter