Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney apparently budged when JK Rawlings said she doesn’t want Mickey and his friends wearing a hogwarts robe walking around the land. I’m not sure if thats 100% true.

I think it’s far better suited in Universal tbh, so I’m glad Disney didn’t get HP
No, Disney’s idea was a land near or part of fantasyland I believe and was not nearly as immersive as we got at Universal. I suggest we move back to the topic though.

Picking an opening date and missing it will tick off more people. At this point, it you have a vacation booked in June, you should know the situation.
Knowing the situation and planning for it are two different things. My wife and I decided to rent DVC for our anniversary. We're supposed to check in 6/14. We ended up adding a cash reservation on either side of our split DVC stay based on airfare several months ago when flights were released. Now our 6/13 stay at POR is canceled. Do I reschedule flights and try to get Magical Express booked through Davids for the 14th now or do I just assume it will be canceled? What if they open the 15th, then our first half at AKL will be canceled, but we will still have the 2nd half booked at Poly. We won't be able to add days on since Disney is no longer taking reservations for June and if they decide to only allow those staying on property into the park, then we're stuck with a 4 day trip. We can't cancel and make other plans because we rented DVC. Any information here would be helpful. If they know they will not be open until at least 6/15, say that. Canceling one week at at time is leaving a lot of people up in the air. I'd like to know one way or the other so that I can make plans to either reschedule for another time at Disney or plan something else for our anniversary.

Knowing the situation and planning for it are two different things. My wife and I decided to rent DVC for our anniversary. We're supposed to check in 6/14. We ended up adding a cash reservation on either side of our split DVC stay based on airfare several months ago when flights were released. Now our 6/13 stay at POR is canceled. Do I reschedule flights and try to get Magical Express booked through Davids for the 14th now or do I just assume it will be canceled? What if they open the 15th, then our first half at AKL will be canceled, but we will still have the 2nd half booked at Poly. We won't be able to add days on since Disney is no longer taking reservations for June and if they decide to only allow those staying on property into the park, then we're stuck with a 4 day trip. We can't cancel and make other plans because we rented DVC. Any information here would be helpful. If they know they will not be open until at least 6/15, say that. Canceling one week at at time is leaving a lot of people up in the air. I'd like to know one way or the other so that I can make plans to either reschedule for another time at Disney or plan something else for our anniversary.
I agree. DVC owners are not in any better of a position. I have one week to decide if I want to gamble on my vacation actually happening or I want to cancel and be able to bank my points for next summer (which is the next opportunity my family will get to make a trip). Even just a statement that they will honor the agreement to return points to their use year for 30 days past the opening date would be helpful. I don't mind waiting it out, but I'm not willing to gamble a week's worth of points because they keep delaying this announcement.

I don't think the hotels are as big of a deal for Universal as they are for Disney. Universal gets a much larger portion of their income from locals than Disney does. They can probably afford to figure out hotels later.
Universal certainly has ramped up their hotel game but they also have the Loews group to work with there. Many universal guests also still stay off site or at Disney as well.

It’s so fun. Stay on property for Express Pass. So worth it.
Did they say anything about hotels? And if they will be open June 5, did mention anything about how Express Passes might be handled with the re-opening procedures and virtual queues? On-site hotels are expensive, but worth it I agree with included Express Pass. We have reservations at Royal Pacific June 20-25 after a short Disney trip (still waiting to hear on that one). If Express Passes are nullified and no replacement value given, I'd consider switching to a cheaper hotel.

Universal has not said publicly.
Interested to see how they handle who actually gets in, assuming reduced capacity. Resort guests seem like a no-brainer, especially since guests at the "signature" (or whatever they are called) resorts receive the express pass, which is a significant monetary investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter