Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I crazy to drive down for a last big hurrah before the world ends? I've started packing...

I plan to spend the next 3 days getting all my favorite rides in for the last time in the foreseeable future at all 6 parks. I already had DHS and USF/IOA planned. Heading to AK and MK now tomorrow to ride the mountains, Everest and FOP. Maybe Epcot since Spaceship Earth might be closed for good once the park reopens.

I've got to imagine they are printing signage and working on informational material as we speak. Things are constantly changing. Lots still to be announced/decided too.

Yeah I bet by morning there will be signs in resort lobbies/by bus stops/at park entrances and so forth. Bet there are crews working overtime on making and deploying those so guests see them all in the morning.

I'm curious if "resorts will remain open" means that they will remain open until they get all of the current guests out, but not admit any new check-ins? Or will they be operating as normal? At least until further notice... I realize a revised announcement of resort closures could occur at any time.

If the former, is it really fair to announce that resorts will remain open (implying that you can still show up and stay there as scheduled) if that turn out to not be the case?
Me too, we are supposed to check in at Boardwalk on the 25th and vero the 29th.

I'm curious if "resorts will remain open" means that they will remain open until they get all of the current guests out, but not admit any new check-ins? Or will they be operating as normal? At least until further notice... I realize a revised announcement of resort closures could occur at any time.

If the former, is it really fair to announce that resorts will remain open (implying that you can still show up and stay there as scheduled) if that turn out to not be the case?

I'm assuming that means they will stay open, just like most other hotels. It's the theme parks that put the large numbers of people all close together and touching the same surfaces. People don't really do that at the hotels except, perhaps, at restaurants, but I don't think people are any more at risk at a Disney restaurant than any other.

I'm assuming that means they will stay open, just like most other hotels. It's the theme parks that put the large numbers of people all close together and touching the same surfaces. People don't really do that at the hotels except, perhaps, at restaurants, but I don't think people are any more at risk at a Disney restaurant than any other.
Here's hoping that remains true and the resorts maintain at least semi-normal operations. We're obviously very disappointed that the parks are closed, but feel that we can salvage the trip if we can at least have a resort-only stay and not be turned away.

I should add that I think that a ban on interstate travel is clearly unconstitutional, but I have no idea what will happen.

It is not unconstitutional!

"Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

"The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)."

I assume Disney hasn't released much info yet on what they plan on doing about the AP holders yet either or Date Based Tickets. I know at the Asia resorts they extended APs for the length of the closure and Date Based Tickets were converted to Flexible Date tickets. I wonder what they plan on doing at DLR and WDW where the AP bases are fairly large. Has there been any news on this front?

I assume Disney hasn't released much info yet on what they plan on doing about the AP holders yet either or Date Based Tickets. I know at the Asia resorts they extended APs for the length of the closure and Date Based Tickets were converted to Flexible Date tickets. I wonder what they plan on doing at DLR and WDW where the AP bases are fairly large. Has there been any news on this front?
Not yet.

I believe this is the best case scenario:

Summer heat air kicks the virus to the curb (or at least controls to a manageable spread) and somehow the economy doesn’t take the hit where millions of people are suddenly unemployed.

Weather the storm for a bit and have a vaccine by next spring.

It’s hard to think Disney World and most theme parks will be open without that scenario.

I believe this is the best case scenario:

Summer heat air kicks the virus to the curb (or at least controls to a manageable spread) and somehow the economy doesn’t take the hit where millions of people are suddenly unemployed.

Weather the storm for a bit and have a vaccine by next spring.

It’s hard to think Disney World and most theme parks will be open without that scenario.

You think theme parks won’t open until there is a vaccine over a year away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter