Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember if anyone else has tried this yet, but one of the BIG perks of the new ROTR boarding group change is that you do NOT have to be in the park for the 2pm if you were in the park earlier in the day.

We were in the park by 9:30 this morning but just happened to be on Slinky Dog at EXACTLY 10am and couldn't get a boarding group. :( We rode things for awhile, ate lunch, and then walked back to Boardwalk. At 2pm we tried from our room and were able to get a backup boarding group, which looks like it will be called in the next two hours. The new app update of showing what groups are currently boarding will allow us to stay in our room until it gets closer and we need to head back.

We will be trying this if we can’t get the 10 AM boarding group on Wednesday, thank you!! Also at BWV then.

Hey y’all long time lurker and infrequent poster. Brought the family here and arrived Saturday morning from North Carolina after rescheduling four times since our spring break. Also a Dvc member since 2011 so have come here 1 to 2 times a year for the last several years. Have to say, I can’t imagine Disney could’ve done a better job than what they’ve done with social distancing. So far we’ve been at MK & AK and mask compliance was 100%. One guy fighting at the front gate with someone because he wanted to wear a gator but aside from that everyone seems to behaving. Honestly, so glad we came. We really needed to get out of the house and frankly this is safer than our local environment as far as I can see. CMs are fantastic and in some cases even desperate to see guests which honestly makes me sad. In the villas at grand Floridian lobby for example, all of the staff jumps up every time anybody walks in to say hi. The waiters at the restaurants in the parks are super social and it seems like desperate to talk to people. Even though it is still cast member days yesterday and today for the parks, it is very strangely empty. I don’t miss fast passes although I thought I would, it’s actually pretty refreshing to not have to worry about where you’re running next except for dining reservations if you have them. If you are going to the parks, I suggest you do have dining reservations if you want them as their walk up availability seems to be low to none. I would also say that posted wait times so far have been at most 50% of what’s posted.

No concerns whatsoever so far about eating inside, tables are spaced out at more than 6 feet and in some cases we were one of three parties dining in one of the smaller rooms in say Skipper canteen or Tiffins. Spacing on the floors of rides is more than adequate and so far guests have been very respectful of the signs. Trying to get my kids to see if they would want to go to Universal later this week, their main beef was that I need to prove to them that Universal will be as good with Covid as Disney is LOL. Pretty sure that’s never gonna happen. We did rent a car as I was a little worried about dealing with magical express as well as the resort buses. Who knew most of the parks were only 10 minutes away?! 😂

If anyone has specific questions about being here let me know, so far as of almost 3 PM on Sunday the tropical storm has been a non-event in Orlando. Honestly if you’re going to leave home this is about as good as it gets. But it also makes me a little worried and sad as I believe there’s no way they’re making a decent profit on anything that’s open right now. I think it is probably most likely a combination of the quarantine bands and the uptick in Florida cases. A lot of locals I know who could drive within 10 hours have held off thinking this is a war zone, but again I think disney has done a great job with what they are offering.
Forgive typos please as this was a voice text sitting at the grand Floridian Beaches Pool drinking a captains mai tai. 😊
Have you seen any of the NBA players from your balcony or the monorail?

I can't remember if anyone else has tried this yet, but one of the BIG perks of the new ROTR boarding group change is that you do NOT have to be in the park for the 2pm if you were in the park earlier in the day.

We were in the park by 9:30 this morning but just happened to be on Slinky Dog at EXACTLY 10am and couldn't get a boarding group. :( We rode things for awhile, ate lunch, and then walked back to Boardwalk. At 2pm we tried from our room and were able to get a backup boarding group, which looks like it will be called in the next two hours. The new app update of showing what groups are currently boarding will allow us to stay in our room until it gets closer and we need to head back
that was news to me too but others were quick to reply that it’s always been that way. As long as you had checked into Hs you could leave and book the BG from elsewhere. Seems a lot of us didn’t know!

How’s the walk to HS from BW Any detours or issues since they’ve reopened?

that was news to me too but others were quick to reply that it’s always been that way. As long as you had checked into Hs you could leave and book the BG from elsewhere. Seems a lot of us didn’t know!

How’s the walk to HS from BW Any detours or issues since they’ve reopened?

It's a breeze! Nothing in the way at all anymore and fabulous for social distancing!

Can anyone who has recently visited or is there now comment on buses from the parks to Disney Springs? I know in the past, they haven’t started running until 4:00. Is that still the case, or have they started running them earlier/later? Thanks!

It's a forum. Half the stuff on it is speculation and suggestions.
If you don't like the plan or opinion then it shouldn't bother you. But there's no reason for you to sqaush ideas or opinions. Our country was built on freedom of speech and ideas.

You do realize freedom of speech works both ways, right?

You have the freedom to share an idea or express an opinion. And people have the freedom to express their opinion if they don’t think the idea is very good ...

Do your own research if you care that much. I suspect you’re arguing in bad faith.

I worked in a class 10+ cleanroom for many years and understand particulate generators/quantification when I was in my teens. Naturally, a trigger point would be HEPA or ULPA filters.

But, you're greater point is well received. I have this undesirable trait to translate a potential of an objection into a technical challenge. For that, I truly do apologize.

I have enough wisdom to know I don't have enough wisdom.

With apologies and gratitude....

It was being talked about before if Disney is holding off advertising because of perception, just saw they’re “hosting” influencers, according to one influencers posting who flew in from a hot spot, so there’s that. 🙃

The “hosted” stuff likely comes out of the PR budget.

Rather than spending millions on a mass ad buy, comping a room (when hotels aren’t full), tickets and some meals isn’t too significant to the bottom line and could have a great return - since these influencers reach the people who are most likely to travel to Disney right now ... rather than putting a mass public appeal out. It makes sense for them to take baby steps and take the cheaper more targeted route. I still don’t think we will see much national advertising for a while, they’ll stick to more of the PR “hosted” targeted influencer stuff.

ETA: Last year, an instagrammer I really like was hosted on a Halloween on the High Seas cruise. We had tossed around doing one at some point - but after I followed her family’s experience, I was sold and we booked that Disney cruise ... 18 days in advance of sailing. I was definitely influenced 🤣

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter