Cruise for family of 7

kathy040690

Mouseketeer
Hello. We are HOPING to go on our first cruise anytime after may 26th 2020 (my youngest child turns 3)

Are we crazy for wanting to do this with myself Husband and 5 children (ages will be 11,9,7,5,3)

We would book 2 rooms and make sure to get ones that are connected with a door so we can use it as one room for all of us. (possible?)

We are wanting to sail from port carnival so hoping to spend a couple days in Disneyworld either before or after our cruise !

Any suggestions or recommendations for me?

You are not crazy. You are Brilliant! Two connecting rooms. Kids clubs for every age of your children. Restaurants and entertainment without having to load everyone into a car. Islands to explore or not as you choose, and WDW before or after. What could be better for a large family like yours?

We usually cruise with 6 people, and we get 2 connecting rooms and just leave the connecting doors open. Works great as any of us will use which ever bathroom or shower is not occupied. You'll probably want to get "Deluxe" rooms, which give you split baths in each room. so 4 sinks and 2 people can shower while 2 people are using the other split bathroom

We usually cruise with 6 people, and we get 2 connecting rooms and just leave the connecting doors open. Works great as any of us will use which ever bathroom or shower is not occupied. You'll probably want to get "Deluxe" rooms, which give you split baths in each room. so 4 sinks and 2 people can shower while 2 people are using the other split bathroom

I believe that only applies to inside staterooms. All OV and V (unless accessible) have the split bath.

This is very reasonable, and for most people the only practical option (there are a handful of suites on the older, "classic ships", i.e. Wonder and Magic, that sleep 7, but these are very expensive options that usually would substantially exceed the cost of two staterooms.

Another thing that you might consider would be an inside stateroom across the hall from a veranda (or oceanview) stateroom, if the view matters to you and you want to reduce costs.

Be aware that you will have to officially book an adult in each of the staterooms, although DCL doesn't care where you actually sleep.

If you are looking for connecting inside or oceanview staterooms, or considering booking an inside across the hall, I would try to book early if possible as those rooms can go quickly. Connecting verandas are easier.

I love my verandas but with that many children I'd do an inside or oceanview cabin. If an inside, and as mentioned, make sure you have the split bath. And I vote for connecting - not cross-hall. I would venture to say this will be the best vacation for mom and dad ever! When our children were young, I never felt like I had a real vacation until I went on a cruise. Everything you need is just there! Your 7+ kids could be able to have some autonomy to be on their own. At that age we let ours go out buddy-system to get snacks, drinks, back to the cabin to watch a movie, etc. We were on Wonder for our first family cruise - it was small enough I had no concerns letting a 7 and 10 years old out on a limited leash.

Because the cruise is so relaxing for mom and dad, most people recommend you do the land portion of your cruise first. Hope this vacation works out for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter