• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cruising on a budget?

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
I already asked this on the cruise board, but I figured since this is the budget board I'd ask over here too. Has anyone here cruised on a budget before? We are going on the 7 day cruise, booked on points (couldn't do it if we had to pay cash but with DVC all things are possible!) and would like to spend as little as possible while on the trip, trying to keep it as "all inclusive" as possible.

We can definately deal without alcohol and sodas between meals (we only really drink water and sometimes juice at home anyway) and won't be too tempted by the photos. How about shore excursions? Whenever I travel I tend to visit places on my own and not do big tours anyway. Can we enjoy ourselves without spending tons on excursions? What other tips do you have for someone trying to budget extra expenses? What SHOULD we spend some money on so that we don't feel like we spent all of these points on a cruise which may be once in a lifetime and missed out?

Thanks!

Lisa

One of the least expensive activities on both St. Maarten and St. Thomas is going to one of the beaches. You can ask for opinions on the cruise board as to the best beaches to visit in either port and ask about transportation (how and how much) to those beaches. One tip is to bring Ziplock bags with you and order sandwiches and cookies from room service (included in the cruise price) on the ship and pack those for lunch on the beach.

We did shore excursions in both St. Maarten and St. Thomas. I hated the See and Sea Tour (St. Maarten) and loved the Island Tour (St. Thomas). We learned alot on that tour. Maybe you could squeeze in just one excursion?

Good luck avoiding the temptation of the photos!! That is always my downfall!!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter