Crystal Palace

stacy6552

Keep to the code!
We have never eaten at the Crystal Palace, but friends and loads of Dis'ers seem to love it. ON our last trip we really over did the buffet thing, so we've been to lots of Disney buffets.

How does CP compair?

We enjoyed the beautiful atmosphere and great character interaction, and were pleasantly surprised by how good the food was. There was a choice of meat and chicken dishes, plus a big variety of veggies and salads, bread and rolls, plus rice dishes. Everything was fresh and colorful. There was a lime-infused rice that was delicious and some wonderful salad that had fresh asparagus and grape tomatoes, really nice, unique dishes. The kids loved the dessert and sundae bar.

Advice? Go early. We had a PS for 4:10 and were seated very quickly. By the time we left -- perhaps 5:30 or so -- tons of folks were waiting to be seated and the line for the buffet was looong. I think going early worked well.

Have fun!

I am new to this and planning my first trip to disney. I am wondeirng since you have eaten at so many buffets what you which ones you would reccommend and which ones should I stay away from??
thanks Diane
jadimorgan@rogers.com

Dimoe, we have had yummy meals at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. People love the buffet at Cape May cafe at Yacht and Beach Club, and also highly rated is the wonderful buffet at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you go to the DIS Home Page, you'll see there is a great section rating all the bufets in the World. One thing to decide on first is if you want a CHARACTER buffet -- not all the buffets have characters.

Have fun!

Forsure I want to do a princess breakfast . I am trying to decide cindy's or the princess story breakfast in epcot. Not sure which one of these to do .
If you have any opinions on this it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks Diane

We did CP for breakfast two weeks ago on our last trip and have to say it was the best breakfast we had. Got PS for 8:15 so we got to walk down Main Street prior to the park opening (love doing that!). Food for breakfast was outstanding with all the fresh fruit, omlettes made to order, puffy french toast (yum), traditional eggs, bacon, hash browns, etc. And don't forget to grab some walnut coffee cake, cinnamon donut holes, or chocolate muffins just in case you don't get enough of all the rest. (Did I forget to mention Pooh and Tigger just happen to be there as well!!?)
Service was excellent. Was out by 9:15 and didn't feel rushed one bit. Stuffed yes, rushed, no!

I went last May for a later breakfast and had a great time. The food was still hot and fresh and there were fewer tables so it was a little more relaxed and quiet. Our waiter was very good at making sure that all the characters came by :)

We really like the buffet at Cape May for dinner. weve had breakfast there too, but nothing special.

We also really like Donald Breakfastasaurus, but mostly for the charactures and the early entry into AK (get a PS for way before opening).

We LOVED Spoodles breakfast buffet, but they stopped having it.

The buffets at 1900Park Fare, Chef Mickey's, Hollywood & Vine, Cape May at breakfast all seemed to be the same and probably why we felt like we were on buffet overload.

Thats why I was wondring id CP was the usual buffet or something more or different.

We are not big fans of the buffets, but we love Crystal Palace!! The setting is so beautiful, the variety of food is excellent, and we love the Pooh characters! Enjoy!:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter