CSR is the New Deluxe!

roozlilone

"Por favor mantengase alejado"
Just back from a 3 night stay at CSR....oh I so miss it all ready, I'm ready to go back! :sad1: We have stayed at all the moderates including CSR, but with the new rooms I don't think I would stay anywhere else, it's better than the deluxes at half the cost! :thumbsup2 I will be shocked if they don't go up on the prices! We were in Cabana 8A, room 8211, second floor corner room with 2 windows, close to the dig site and the bus stop. The renovated rooms are soooo....much prettier in person than in the pictures!! They are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! We were on the Quick Service Dining plan and it really paid off eating at the Pepper Market! We spent $100 a day for the plan, but easily spent $200 a day on food not including the refillable mugs that are included in the plan. I know Buzz just got back and has answered alot of questions, but if anyone has any I would be glad to answer. I will post some of my pics soon! If you haven't tried CSR, you need too. I love this resort! :love: :love:

I am sooo glad to hear that. I decided to "upgrade" to the CSR from values b/c of the queen beds. I was a little nervous about the old decor, but once I saw the new rooms I was sold. I was thinking that they would eventually raise the rates!

Just back from a 3 night stay at CSR....oh I so miss it all ready, I'm ready to go back! :sad1: We have stayed at all the moderates including CSR, but with the new rooms I don't think I would stay anywhere else, it's better than the deluxes at half the cost! :thumbsup2 I will be shocked if they don't go up on the prices! We were in Cabana 8A, room 8211, second floor corner room with 2 windows, close to the dig site and the bus stop. The renovated rooms are soooo....much prettier in person than in the pictures!! They are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! We were on the Quick Service Dining plan and it really paid off eating at the Pepper Market! We spent $100 a day for the plan, but easily spent $200 a day on food not including the refillable mugs that are included in the plan. I know Buzz just got back and has answered alot of questions, but if anyone has any I would be glad to answer. I will post some of my pics soon! If you haven't tried CSR, you need too. I love this resort! :love: :love:

Welcome back. So glad that you loved your stay at CSR. As I always say, if you love it half as much as us, we're thrilled. Sounds like you really loved it. Can't wait to see your pictures! :goodvibes

Glad you had a great time! I'll be therein May! I'm thrilled to hear all this great news about CSR!

We LOVE CSR (and buzz's site :-) ).

I'm so lucky it was the first Mod I stumbled upon before I knew anything about Disney!

Glad you had a great time--that resort really is coming into its own.

Thanks for this quick review! We have also only ever done values and decided to treat ourselves this year! After looking at CSR we decided the pool must be ours lol. This was before we even knew that they would be having renovations!! Needless to say I am beyond stoked to be able to stay somewhere so great for much less than the deluxes [they seem so far out of our price range].

My only question is. What are the least expensive rooms like? I know each section has a different price range.

Thanks for this quick review! We have also only ever done values and decided to treat ourselves this year! After looking at CSR we decided the pool must be ours lol. This was before we even knew that they would be having renovations!! Needless to say I am beyond stoked to be able to stay somewhere so great for much less than the deluxes [they seem so far out of our price range].

My only question is. What are the least expensive rooms like? I know each section has a different price range.

The only difference in price is between standard view, waterview, king bed and suites. There is no different between Casitas, Cabanas and Ranchos as far as pricing is concerned.

Deluxe hotels do NOT have exterior corridors.. enough said LOL!

It's a nice hotel, but Disney "Deluxes" aren't real deluxe hotels and this one isn't up to those standards!

I am sooo glad to hear that. I decided to "upgrade" to the CSR from values b/c of the queen beds. I was a little nervous about the old decor, but once I saw the new rooms I was sold. I was thinking that they would eventually raise the rates!

Does CSR have queen beds? I didn't know that.

Glad you had such an enjoyable trip! Out of curiosity, have you used the dining plan in the past? If so, how did you like using the Quick Service DP over the regular one?

We had the dining plan last year and will be using the QSDP this year. Thanks!

Shhhh!!! Don't let out our secret, the new rooms really are very nice! Go ahead keep paying for Deluxe resorts, while we enjoy our deluxe amenities!:lmao:

The only difference in price is between standard view, waterview, king bed and suites. There is no different between Casitas, Cabanas and Ranchos as far as pricing is concerned.

So all the rooms are the same size and what not? Just different views?? The whole different names [casitas,cabanas,ranchos] throws me off.. sorry if I am being daft!

So all the rooms are the same size and what not? Just different views?? The whole different names [casitas,cabanas,ranchos] throws me off.. sorry if I am being daft!

Yes, the rooms are the same sizes unless they are a suite.

The Casitas is one section (with fountains/courtyards), the Ranchos are a rustic/ranch type setting and then the Cabanas represent Mexico's costal line.

All rooms have two queen beds unless they have a king bed. All rooms will have the new furnishings once the rehab is completed.

I hope this helps.

Glad you had such an enjoyable trip! Out of curiosity, have you used the dining plan in the past? If so, how did you like using the Quick Service DP over the regular one?

We had the dining plan last year and will be using the QSDP this year. Thanks!

We've actually done both. The Quick Service is great for our short trips but I think I would get sick of counter service after awhile. When we go in June for a week we will definitely do the regular dining plan. There isn't a huge price difference between the both. :goodvibes

Cabana 8A, Room 8211, second floor:

Picture012.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

Picture018-1.jpg

Picture016-1.jpg

Nice room! And I like the fact that CSR has queen size beds rather than full and flat screen TV's. However, I think the rooms look too "business travel" for my Disney vacation tastes. Just my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter