Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wish I could say this was always but even as a Manager when I wanted to defend my team you have pressure from higher-ups like the Hotel General Manager that will reverse that just for guest satisfaction scores on the survey. The shorter the cruise, the quicker the solution has to be and it's generally whatever the guest wants.

(On the ships the way things are managed are completely different to the parks on land. There's a priority focus on those surveys and scores and sometimes this means management giving guests who are likely to return again the ability to complain and get their way if they threaten a poor survey score. )
Sounds like a really stressful work environment. Do many people stay there for a long time?

Both definitely do have pluses and minuses!!!
But I think I like WDW. I was approved for a few different Princesses and fur characters (although I didn’t have many fur shifts) so I had some variety in my schedule.
While I have had different character roles on ships in different contracts, it is still very same same each day
What does being approved for characters mean?

Sounds like a really stressful work environment. Do many people stay there for a long time?
It can be stressful. And based on what I have seen on these boards, CMs freaking out about surveys and scores is stressful for Guests too!
Obviously in my role, I wouldn’t be talking about that stuff with Guests (picturing this in my head right now lol), but they definitely do score and comment on character experiences.
There are a lot of people who do several contracts and even stay their whole careers. There are others who do one contract and they’re done. Again, my role is a bit different as there are only so many contracts I can do while portraying a teenage Princess!

Last edited:
It can be stressful. And based on what I have seen on these boards, CMs freaking out about surveys and scores is stressful for Guests too!
Obviously in my role, I wouldn’t be talking about that stuff with Guests (picturing this in my head right now lol), but they definitely do score and comment on character experiences.
There are a lot of people who do several contracts and even stay their whole careers. There are others who do one contract and they’re done. Again, my role is a bit different as there are only so many contracts I can do while portraying a teenage Princess!
Lol, take a page out of Peter Pan’s book and never grow up!… or old! 😉😉😉

Right bodyfit/look and animation. At the end of training you need to be approved in order to actually do the job (you passed the test basically)
What happens if you gain or lose weight? Or get a tattoo or something? And what happens if you don’t pass the test? Fired?

Surely people don’t complain about meeting a Princess?

Is disapproved fired?
When I was a Concierge at the Grand Floridian one of my coworkers was required to transfer to another role because they no longer fit the standard costume. Now they would just provide larger costumes. I don’t envision that happening with the princesses.

ETA the last sentence.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter