D23 Expo 2019 (First page with major info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and the guy that said no Disney animated content - they also announced "Monsters at work" about the best scare graduate that starts work at monsters Inc the day they switch to laughter, stars Ben whats-his-name from superstore and Aisha Tyler from whose line...

Regarding the thought that the D+ reveals are not for the Disney purist- you have a point but you need to look at the whole picture. I mentioned the service at work and several people said they won't get it since their kids are too old to like Disney movies or shows. People hear Disney and automatically think children's content. Disney+ needs to work, so they have to highlight content for those outside of the Disney purist fandom.

But WOW am I ever excited for Disney+. I can’t remember the last time I looked at something Disney did and thought wow, they are absolutely hitting this one out of the park. And at an affordable price point too. This is all a trap, isn’t it? They’re roping us all in lol.

I am getting increasingly concerned that the "low price" for Disney+ is because it will only allow you to stream on ONE device with each subscription. Disney is reportedly going to make it so people cannot "password share" like they do on other streaming services. They have reportedly "eliminated" people's ability to do this with Disney+. I suppose this could only be accomplished by pairing each password to only ONE device. That would kind of suck, to be honest, and would double or triple the price for families.

I am getting increasingly concerned that the "low price" for Disney+ is because it will only allow you to stream on ONE device with each subscription. Disney is reportedly going to make it so people cannot "password share" like they do on other streaming services. They have reportedly "eliminated" people's ability to do this with Disney+. I suppose this could only be accomplished by pairing each password to only ONE device. That would kind of suck, to be honest, and would double or triple the price for families.

It was already reported that you can have 4 people streaming at the same time with up to 10 devices synched to one account....

It was already reported that you can have 4 people streaming at the same time with up to 10 devices synched to one account....
Really? Oh, never mind then. I was just listening to a podcast yesterday (it was like a week old) where they mentioned the password sharing restrictions. Guess they had bad info.

Regarding the thought that the D+ reveals are not for the Disney purist- you have a point but you need to look at the whole picture.

This comes up on Nintendo subs all the time as a counter point to discussions and comments. I do not have a large investment standing with Disney. What is good for the company does not exactly align with my personal bias of content I want. There is nothing wrong with that they do them and I respond based on my feelings.

That being said there has been under the radar announcements that have come to light since I stated that last night. So there is the makings of some good options.

Also with offline viewing I am thinking password sharing will be very prevalent at least out of the gate. Media companies are not stupid password sharing out of the gate is a sure fire way for a service to take off. Then overtime you can look to pull back some of the slack. Its the same with YouTube TV basically allowing 3 different households to share a single subscription if you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter