Daft stroller question...sorry

Gilligan

<font color=0000FF>Is hoping a little pixie dust w
This may sound really daft, but can you take your own pushchairs into the themeparks? I'm travelling from the UK with DS9 (who can walk for England, he's so active) & DD5 who complains bitterly if we walk the (less than) half mile from school. Anyway, I was talking to someone the other day who said you can't take your own pushchairs/buggies in, and you have to hire WDW's own. Is this true????????????????? I can't quite believe this, but I'd hate to drag DD's umbrella pushchair all the way from the UK, only to find out we can't use it. :confused:

Thanks

but I'd hate to drag DD's umbrella pushchair all the way from the UK, only to find out we can't use it.

if you mean an umbrella stroller, then you can most definetly take your own to the theme parks...you can bring your own wheelchairs too. WDW rents strolllers too...with my DS 10 and DD 6 i find it easier to rent now just b/c they only really use them while we are in the parks...not while we go to other places..ie: dinner, monorail, Boardwalk, DTD, ETC...
Hope this helps!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Tracy

There is no problem with taking your own stroller--we take our Maclaren all the time. Some people have reported problems with their large jogging strollers, but no problems with a regular size stroller.

nearly all types of pushchairs are fine; the only sort that will sometimes be refused are the very large 3-wheelers with extra-large runner's wheels.

It is true that wagons (the little carts that an adult would pull, rather than push) are prohibited. Perhaps the person you were speaking to misunderstood which you were referring to.

Thanks for that everyone. Now all I need to do is go and dig it out of the garage and give it a good airing.

Gilligan - something to keep in mind is that if you want to bring your own stroller on one of the Disney buses it must be the kind that folds up (collapses). Ours did (I think most do) so this was not a problem for us, but I think I remember a post where someone had a problem not being allowed on a bus. I am guessing maybe it was one of those jogging strollers?? I thought I would just mention it :D

It's great to have your own stroller, because then you don't have to wait in line and can push them in and out of the Parks if they are sleeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter