Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2022

Imzadi

♥ Saved by an angel in a trench coat!

This post has been UPDATED:​

Dancing With the Stars has moved from the ABC channel to Disney+. :teleport:

No idea how the change will affect the show. Hopefully Disney will allow the dances to still be posted on YouTube for those of us who aren't subscribing to Disney+ yet want to see the dances. 🤞

The Season Premiere is on September 19th.

ADVERTISEMENT INSERTED: ::MickeyMo :teeth:
Disney Plus is having a ONE month special:
Direct Link
⬇️
:

Disney+ Day Special: One month for $1.99

Celebrate and save on a month of streaming. Limited time offer of one month for $1.99 and then $7.99/month after. (Select Markets.)

Some Details - (Do your own research, meaning read ALL the fine print, in case I missed something. :headache: )

Offer valid until 11:59 PM PT on 9/19/22. [The day of the DWTS premiere.] Valid only for new Disney+ subscribers and returning Disney+ subscribers with no current active entitlement, who are 18 years of age or older. Upon redeeming this offer, you will be enrolled in an auto-renewing monthly subscription of Disney+ and you will be charged the then-current retail price (currently $7.99/month (plus tax, where applicable)) on a monthly basis beginning at the end of your 1-month promotional offer unless you cancel your subscription before then. Cancel anytime, effective at the end of your billing period. No refunds or credits for partial months. To accept this offer, create or log in to a Disney+ account, accept the Disney+ Subscriber Agreement, and select the monthly offer. Valid payment method required to redeem offer. Cannot be combined with any other offers, coupons, discounts or promotions. Not redeemable for cash or any other goods or services. Eligibility rules and offer timing may vary if you sign up through a third party billing partner.

Direct Readable Link: https://www.disneyplus.com/

END of DISNEY+ ADVERTISEMENT

(Back to DWTS Info)

The Stars:
Selma Blair
Teresa Giudice
Gabby Windey
Vinny Guadagnino
Jordan Sparks
Jessie James Decker
Shangela
Cheryl Ladd
Jason Lewis
Joseph Baena
Trevor Donovan
Daniel Durant
Wayne Brady
Sam Champion
Charli D’Amelio
Heidi D’Amelio

Here is an article explaining who all the stars are:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/...et-season-31-celebrity-cast/story?id=89456272

The Stars & their Pro Partners are:
  • Joseph Baena and Daniella Karagach (the reigning Pro Mirrorball Champion)
  • Jason Lewis and Peta Murgatroyd
  • Jordin Sparks and Brandon Armstrong
  • Heidi D'Amelio and Artem Chigvintsev
  • Shangela and Gleb Savchenko
  • Trevor Donovan and Emma Slater
  • Teresa Giudice and Pasha Kovalev
  • Gabby Windey and Val Chmerkovskiy
  • Wayne Brady and Witney Carson
  • Daniel Durant and Britt Stewart
  • Jessie James Decker and Alan Bersten
  • Vinny Guadagnino and Koko Iwasaki
  • Cheryl Ladd and Louis Van Amstel
  • Charli D'Amelio and Mark Ballas
  • Selma Blair and Sasha Farber
  • Sam Champion and Cheryl Burke

Some miscellaneous things we know so far:
DWTS has a new executive producer/showrunner who makes all the final decisions as to how the show runs. He's actually the original DWTS showrunner. :teleport: :woohoo:

Tom Bergeron unfortunately is still not coming back. :sad:

Tyra Banks is coming back as host and possibly is still an executive producer.

Tyra now will have a co-host: former DWTS mirrorball champion, Alfonso Ribeiro.

Judges: (confirmed) All four, Len Goodman, Derek Hough, Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba are back.

Mandy200587, our resident DWTS DIS detective, has been keeping her eyes peeled for all the details. :magnify: :cheer2: Thank you Mandy! :love2:

AustinTink, who had her own envious, in person Derek encounter in Las Vegas said he's been posting up a storm now on his social media. Err, no, not about them. :lmao: Unless other stuff happened in Vegas, but that's so far staying there. :rolleyes1 ;)

As usual, this first post will have the latest updates for quick reference when they come in.

#DWTS #DWTS31

Last edited:
especially after they gave the “college cheater” a spot…. How’s she a celebrity?

Olivia Jade was an Instagram social media influencer before the scandal went down. In social media an influencer is a "star." On DWTS "star" is always been a very loose interpretation of the term.

Olivia Jade was an Instagram social media influencer before the scandal went down. In social media an influencer is a "star." On DWTS "star" is always been a very loose interpretation of the term.
Yes, like it or lump it, social media influencers are now considered stars. What a world we live in.

I'm all in for this new season. My list of shows that I watch is steadily dwindling, so I will hang on with DWTS at least for another season.

I know all four judges will be back with maybe some old pros returning for the first time in a while

I'm assuming no Sharna since she just had her baby. Although she already looks amazing in her photos on Instagram.

First official trailer….I would guess these are some of the pros and I believe Val is confirmed as well https://instagram.com/p/ChaKsZTrxI2/
I still don't know why they think they are going to reach more multi-generational viewers with this move to Disney+. They need to admit once and for all that their main viewership is middle aged women like me. The part with the kid on the couch getting so excited about DWTS made me laugh out loud.

First official trailer….I would guess these are some of the pros and I believe Val is confirmed as well https://instagram.com/p/ChaKsZTrxI2/

Hmm, they showed the family more than the pros. And the framing was so tight we didn't really get to see the dancers dance. Other than Daniella & Pasha, the other dancers went by so fast. And having Daniella & Pasha as their main pro dancers in the ad does NOT make me want to watch the show. They are my least favorite pros.

Last edited:
The part with the kid on the couch getting so excited about DWTS made me laugh out loud.

The part of the father being overly-excited to see the dancers skeeved me out. It seemed more like he was borderline leering about Daniella. :scared: :lmao:

Last edited:
These are the pro dancers in the ad: Daniela and Pasha, Whitney, Cheryl, Artem, and Brandon.

800px-DWTS_US_Season_31_Poster.jpg

Yes, that too! It was all so weird.

Maybe they are attracting the men who would leer? There are the middle aged women. . . and their husbands who pretend to be interested in the dancing. . . but are really watching to quietly leer at the female pro dancers. :rolleyes1

Maybe they are attracting the men who would leer? There are the middle aged women. . . and their husbands who pretend to be interested in the dancing. . . but are really watching to quietly leer at the female pro dancers. :rolleyes1
Or not so quietly in some cases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter