Dark Rides and Shows

MarkBarbieri

Semi-retired
This is a picture sharing thread similar to the Signs thread. I'm guessing that a lot of you would like pictures from dark rides but don't have (or don't want to lug around) the camera gear capable of shooting in very low light. If you do, add your pictures here so that others can "borrow" them. If you don't and you've been wanting pictures from dark rides, you've come to the right place.

Not all dark rides are created equal. Some, like It's a Small World, aren't all that dark and many people can get pictures there. Others, like Rockin' Roller Coaster, are so dark and fast that no one has gotten any decent pictures on them. I'll be posting shots from inside The Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, It's a Small World, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan (that was tough!), Pirates of the Caribbean, Snow White's Scary Adventure, The Universe of Energy, Gran Fiesta Tour, Spaceship Earth, and The Great Movie Ride. I'll also include shots from shows like Finding Nemo the Musical, Festival of the Lion King, It's Tough to Be a Bug!, Fantasmic!, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, The American Adventure, SpectroMagic, Illuminations, and WishesNightrime Spectacular.

If it's dark and you missed it, I hope that you'll find it here. If you don't, hop over to the Photography board and ask there. Some really good photographers hang out there and almost all of them love to share.

While I've uploaded my trip photos, I'm still busy organizing and loading the photos by subject, so it will probably take me a week to get everything uploaded to this thread. If you don't see something yet, be patient and I'll probably get to it soon. I did finish my slideshow. If you have a Windows PC and want to see it, go here. It won't help you with your scrapbooking, but it might inspire you to make slideshows as well. If not, you'll at least get to see some cute kids having fun.

If you want to learn to take your own dark ride shots (or are just curious about how it is done), we have a thread on the photography board for that purpose.

As is usual for my pictures, if you click on the picture it will take you to my Smugmug site. Once there, you can download a free, full resolution copy of the picture to print yourself or you can just order a print. If you have any problems, just shoot me a PM. Hope you guys find these useful.

Our hero!!! Thank you so much Mark for all of these!!!!
I'll check them all out tomorrow as it's time to get the kiddlets to bed!

ooooh, anxious to see the Peter Pan ones! I've gotten maybe ONE decent shot out of about 100 tries! :lmao: Thanks for sharing with us Mark!

Some of those are flat out AMAZING! LOVE Splash mountain photos- and EVEREST! (the only way I'll EVER see it inside, lol)

I've got 140 pictures of FotLK posted on my Smugmug site. These are just a few of the pictures, primarily focused on ones that are hard to shoot.

This is one of my favorite pictures

As always Mark, these shots are absolutely stunning! :worship:

Even my Small World pics came out blurry last time. :guilty: But, I've bought myself a better camera for next time, and if my photos turn out half as good as yours, I'll be delighted! :goodvibes

fan freaking tastic! Thank you so much Mark for your generosity. My pirate pics were decent, but look like garbage compared to yours!

Thanks very much for sharing these....they are wonderful. I can't even take decent nighttime pictures of the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter