Dark Rides and Shows

Amazing as usual Mark!

DH would like a pic of the equipment you bring, he wants to see how much you carry.

And I would love a photo safari with you. If you are ever interested let me know, DH and I would love to follow you around for a few days and learn from the master!

Here is the gear that I took on the trip. I only carried a small subset of that into the park each day.

550925556_ufHkj-L.jpg

I put together a trip report here. It's in the photography forum, so it has a lot of information on the shooting that I did. Here is the part of the post that dealt with the gear.

I'm usually not very available for photo instruction at the parks since I'm usually enjoying vacation with the family and photography takes a back seat to that. At home, I conduct a fair number of workshops and classes, so if you're ever in the Houston area, look me up.

Right now I'm preparing for a two part class for the many new photographers in our neighborhood. The first class will be on composition - what makes a good shot, how to frame things, what makes good lighting vs bad lighting. It's essentially just the basics of composition for anyone with any camera. The second class is slightly more technical in nature, explaining the basics of aperture, shutter speed, ISO, how they work together as the basis of exposure, and what creative effects you can get by adusting them.

We do have some threads on the photography board that give tips on how to shoot various Disney things. You can find them listed here. They include tips for fireworks, indoor shows, parades, the safari ride, Cinderella's castle, SpectroMagic, and dark rides.

Does anyone have pictures from the Dinosaur ride at Animal Kingdom? I have pictures outside the ride & of the T-Rex skeleton, but I haven't seen any of the actual ride & wondered if anyone had any they would be willing to share. TIA!

Mark, thank you so much! I forwent the good camera this time and brought the tiny new one.. bad idea in some respects. What looks good on a 2 inch LCD screen turns out blurry once you actually see it...

These are wonderful - I actually got a little teary-eyed at the Wishes pictures.

WOW WOW WOW!!!! Mark - thank you for sharing your pictures and your talent. These pics are amazing. I am especially in awe of the Fantasmic Pics. I have never been able to get good pics during the show. Thanks again!

Oh Mark! These are Amazing! Thank you so much, now I am going to have to re-do some of my scrap pages with your photos added in! :lmao: Thank you so much for sharing your work! :hippie:

I love your pics! Even with that equipment I could nver get them like that - second the idea that you sould go to Disneyland as next time we get across to the US that's where we're headed:thumbsup2

WOW!!!! These are great. Great photos as always Mark! and thanks for sharing!:cool1::cool1:

Absolutely amazing! You are so kind to share these with us!

I wish I lived near you. I would LOVE to learn from you!!

Thank you Mark! Your photos of Haunted mansion are INCREDIBLE!!! WOW!!!! These rock! Thank you for doing this! :)

Mark, that is so awesome of you to share your beautiful works of art with us scrappers! I will definately have to use some of your amazing shots to replace my totally sucky ones! Your Fantasmic! pics are great. I have yet to get any good shots of it. Hopefully with my new toy I can get a few that are half as good as yours! Now I have to move to Houston to take your phot class. If you ever decide to take it on the road, be sure to stop in NJ at the shore.

Mark you are just flat out awesome! Wow! You have amazing talent and I'm blown away by your photography. I want you to know how much I appreciate you freely sharing your talents with us scrappers. I would love to incorporate your photos in my personal albums. looking at your incredible pictures makes me feel like I'm right there again. They will make my scrapbook pages shine. As hard as I try my pictures will never come out anything like yours. Thank you SO much Mark!

Mark, thanks so much for sharing!!! My DD (an aspiring photog) is in awe of your dark ride and wishes pictures. She isn't happy with any of the ones she took. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us scrappers :)

Many thanks! Wonderful of you to offer these photos. They will enhance our photo album so much! We've already enjoyed looking through them on this thread! :thumbsup2

Mark, I can't thank you enough for these pictures. It has always been a joke in my family because I am NOT an arts and crafts person at all. I am an accountant and just about as creative as a stereotypical accountant should be.

I bought a scrap book on the Disney.com store. It is a "partially finished" scrapbook. I thought it would be a photo album that looked a little bit fancy. The places where photos are to be placed has to be cut out with an "exacto" knife. I didn't know there was a difference between an exacto knife and utility knife. I am using a utility knife which apparently makes it more difficult. The scary part is that there are places for 81 pictures.

I am going to WDW with a friend of mine from December 11 to 15. We are then going to spend a few days at his place in the Fort Lauderdale area. We will be having "Christmas" day on Saturday the 19th and I am planning on giving him the scrapbook for Christmas. I thought I would do the photopass, but I really don't want 81 pictures of the two of us. I am now hoping that I can get the book at least 75% done before the trip. I will be able to get all the spaces cut out and then use some of your pictures. I can then fill up the rest of the areas with "brochures" and pictures that are more specific to our visit. That will include pictures of us as well as lots of Disney at Christmas time.:santa:

Just as a little background, the friend I am going with was my best friend in college. We were very friendly for some years after that and then just kind of lost touch of each other. So after 17 years, I gave him a call. I live in Massachusetts and he is in Florida. We have gotten together a few times over the year and this is going to be a very special Christmas trip for the two of us. Again, thank you for helping to make this trip and the memories even better.:santa:

These are awesome pictures thank you for sharing. Now some of my pages can be completed!

Yea!! I love the buzz lightyear photos! I never get to taking pictures on that ride (cause im too buzy shoot zurb scum).

Well I just sadly deleted all of my blurry Nemo Musical photos and searched the DIS to see what you had. PERFECTION of course!! :worship: Thank you for sharing Mark!! I was standing next to a pro at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade and offered to make her a Mickey tie dye if she'd email me a few of her pictures and she smiled without a verbal response...guess she wasn't in to tie dye- how embarassing!

Be sure to PM me before you head off to Disney next time :hippie: if you like tie dye that is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter