DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

I’ve been in the WDW parks using DAS the last two days…

1. They have definitely NOT started the 10-min “cool down” yet. I tested it and was able to book another DAS immediately after tapping in (though a couple rides were using both tap points, so I had to wait until after tapping in twice.)

2. Caveat: it’s only two days in time and specific to the attractions I did (Star Tours, Rise, Space, Big Thunder, 7DMT). My wait in LLs was never more than 5-10 mins. Totally manageable and what I would expect for either DAS or paid ILL/G+.
LL 15min...for 7dmt? The entire week we were there last april...never less than outside the gate and people in the switchbacks.

Ds waited twice for his time to come up and eventually bailed as no way he could wait in that LL queue, so we went and did something else. A cm sprinkled some pixie dust the second time around and exchanged the time for a different ride so he could get on quickly after the 90min already spent

LL 15min...for 7dmt? The entire week we were there last april...never less than outside the gate and people in the switchbacks.
PPs experience is absolutely plausible.

Two thoughts

1. When in April? If it was the beginning the parks were Xmas Level Zoo until after the week after Easter when I went, starting around 4/9

2. I’ve never waited more than 15 min in 7DMT LL- but I would bail if it was backed up all the way to the check in stand and I always hit in the first 2 hours of park operation or late into the night. That ride seems to get waaaaay backed up. Maybe because it’s ILL and Disney didn’t trim the ILLs they sell as DAS usage increased? Who knows but that ride gets ridiculous even without going down, which doesn’t seem to happen elsewhere.

PPs experience is absolutely plausible.

Two thoughts

1. When in April? If it was the beginning the parks were Xmas Level Zoo until after the week after Easter when I went, starting around 4/9

2. I’ve never waited more than 15 min in 7DMT LL- but I would bail if it was backed up all the way to the check in stand and I always hit in the first 2 hours of park operation or late into the night. That ride seems to get waaaaay backed up. Maybe because it’s ILL and Disney didn’t trim the ILLs they sell as DAS usage increased? Who knows but that ride gets ridiculous even without going down, which doesn’t seem to happen elsewhere.
I agree.

I’ve never waited more than 5 minutes in LL for 7 Dwarves.

Last year we were there in April. It was vacation week in Boston but it was a full week after Easter and it seemed like every single person in the parks was from Boston. We were pretty shocked at how quiet everything was.

Ds waited twice for his time to come up and eventually bailed as no way he could wait in that LL queue, so we went and did something else. A cm sprinkled some pixie dust the second time around and exchanged the time for a different ride so he could get on quickly after the 90min already spent
I timed it: 8 mins from tap in to boarding. Much of April is peak Spring Break season, so I imagine that drove higher waits all around - there really isn’t any off season these days, but crowd levels are nowhere near peak right now. Standby for 7DMT when I rode was 80mins.

I know not to believe everything that’s floating around out there. #2 is concerning and not what we’re have seen before.

Attachments

• IMG_7628.png
    IMG_7628.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 158
I know not to believe everything that’s floating around out there. #2 is concerning and not what we’re have seen before.
Unfortunately, yep it's going to be an adjustment period for both CMs and guests. Everything I have seen indicates that #2 is completely incorrect, and #3 should not indicate "by phone" as it will all be done by video chat. A well-intentioned but still mis-informed CM.

#2 is definitely incorrect. I just registered 4/25 and was told it expires in 30 days, which will be either 5/24 or 5/25 depending on whether they mean the 30th day it becomes invalid or the 31st day it becomes invalid.

#2 is definitely incorrect. I just registered 4/25 and was told it expires in 30 days, which will be either 5/24 or 5/25 depending on whether they mean the 30th day it becomes invalid or the 31st day it becomes invalid.
I don’t think Disney wants to advertise this fact so their official stance is 5/20 is it (as you can see online) while their actual stance for those registered through right now are they aren’t gonna interrupt your trip for their new system.

Unfortunately, yep it's going to be an adjustment period for both CMs and guests. Everything I have seen indicates that #2 is completely incorrect, and #3 should not indicate "by phone" as it will all be done by video chat. A well-intentioned but still mis-informed CM.
I feel pretty confident that #2 has to be incorrect.

Why would they bother wasting time registering people for DAS dates post 5/20 if they would have to be redone anyway?

And the part about the phone is so off base that I doubt this person is even a cast member.

Two weeks from now. But only a window of a couple of days where they can actually do it.
??? Maybe I misunderstood your post.
The new rules won't go into effect in the parks until June 19th or 20th so people can register for DAS until May 19th and still get grandfathered in under the current rules. On May 20th the new DAS video chat rules go into effect for trips starting June 19th or 20th - don't know which date Disney will choose.

??? Maybe I misunderstood your post.
The new rules won't go into effect in the parks until June 19th or 20th so people can register for DAS until May 19th and still get grandfathered in under the current rules. On May 20th the new DAS video chat rules go into effect for trips starting June 19th or 20th - don't know which date Disney will choose.
I guess what I’m saying is that if you have a trip in Mid-June (say, it starts on June 15), you only have a window of May 16 - May 19 to register under the old rules.

I 100% believe #2 is TOTALLY false. Disney would not want that nor does it make any sense as they're already letting those with reservations completely after the 20th register. I would give 0 credit to. that "source."

I feel pretty confident that #2 has to be incorrect.

Why would they bother wasting time registering people for DAS dates post 5/20 if they would have to be redone anyway?

And the part about the phone is so off base that I doubt this person is even a cast member.
# 2 (that all DAS will expire on 5/20) has been going around on Facebook since April 9 when the first announcement came out. I THINK it was just made up by someone based on Disney's starting date.

Since 4/9, WDW has had the same information posted, which says guests registering between 4/9 and 5/19 would have DAS authorized for up to 30 days.
The only difference about the days was that at one point, it said up to 30 days -or- length of ticket (I don't remember the exact words, but it was similar. I THINK they took that out because they meant it to pertain to only shorter tickets and some people with Annual Passports took it to include them. They also added a few words to clarify that the 30 days was from the start of registration.
The only other change was that they added back the language about DAS Advance Selections, which had been removed at one point.
This is what is currently posted on the WDW website DAS page:
For Guests visiting from April 9 through May 19, 2024, please note:
  • Pre-arrival conversations to determine eligibility for DAS are available 2-30 days prior to your park visit.
  • In-person conversations to determine eligibility for DAS will continue to be at Guest Relations locations.
  • You can book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our DAS Advance planning option.
  • DAS is valid for up to 30 days from the start of the registration. Once the service has elapsed, Guests will need to re-register.

If they are a real CM they shouldn’t be posting anything like that. Everyone should only be referred to the Disney website, end discussion on their end…
that quoted post was on FB & attributed to a Cm???

I know Disney enforces keeping character integrity re CM posts. (Recently, Snow White issue).

Not a stretch a real
CM should think thrice about posting leaked info on social media. Yikes

Well, my first park day is June 16 and we leave on June 23rd. I'm planning to register on May 17, under the old rules. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous to be there during the switchover, but I'm unsure if it's going to impact anything for me because it's my understanding I'll be operating under old rules for the length of my ticket. We shall see!

One poster was very clearly informed the DAS would expire a day prior to their visit end, but since their last day isn't planned in the park it works out. So I would plan on DAS being valid for 30 days -- in fact, the website indicates "up to 30 days from the start of the registration."

That was me that was given the above information. Our trip is scheduled for May 11th through May 16th with the 12th,13th, and 14th being park days if all goes well. I called on April 14th and was told the DAS would end on May 14th or I would have to call back. Since we are not planning a park day on the 15th I let it go, although we do have the 4 day 4 park tickets so we could change our minds.

I will update after the trip if the DAS was still active on the 16th if I can tell. BTW, DS28 is nonverbal autistic. Didn’t have any problems getting approved for the DAS but they did ask more questions than on previous trips. We only go every year or two for 2 park days. We have eliminated quite a bit to still make it work. This is the first time in many years that we are going to try 3 parks again. Usually we skip AK and DHS. Tomorrowland didn’t make the cut either. With the larger crowds and changes in disability passes, we just keep cutting down what we do to make it manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter