• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Date & Rate.....2008!

This is slightly off topic, but relevant, and I didn't think it warranted a new thread. I called the HRH about the weekend of May 16-18, 08' and the hotel is sold out, not 1 room available as of now. The woman on the phone said there must be a convention or something. :confused3

So here's my info
May 2008
16-18
RPR (with park view requested)
standard
$233.10 Plus Tax
AAA
Not sure about an Upgrade, I'm Blue
Akdar

Still...good to know...thanks for posting Mike :thumbsup2 You might have to NOT stay at HRH :confused3 :scared1:

Feb 08
02/03/08
RPR
Standard Double
$192.60 (no tax) - $216.68 (with tax)
AAA
no upgrade

So I just checked my res online and apparently my price did not include tax like I thought it did.
zgirl

January
16-21
Royal Pacific
Standard Queen
$171.00
SuperSaver
No/Blue
jtdl

:cheer2: :dance3: :cheer2:

May 15-18
RPR
Standard
$207.40 (5/15) / $220.15 (5/16-5/17) before tax
AAA
Not yet!/Blue
peel

Here's mine - booked today
Feb, 2008
2/19 -2/22
HRH
Club Level - two queens
Super Saver Rate 373.00 (most I've ever paid!)
No upgrade on club/ Platnium
morningstar

Month - February
Date- 2/18 - 2/22
Hotel - Hard Rock
Room Type - Standard
Rate - $255/night ($286.87 with taxes)
Rate Type - Super Savings
Loews First Upgrade applied?/LF level - no
username - MassMom94

May 15-18
RPR
Standard
$207.40 (5/15) / $220.15 (5/16-5/17) before tax
AAA
Not yet!/Blue
peel

I called out of curiosity, I was again quoted $233 (before tax) for the same weekend that peel was quoted $220 (before tax) both AAA. Hmmmm.... wonder what that is all about?? Anyway, the girl on the phone said there is a city-wide convention and the RPR is 90% full already, and like I said earlier in this thread, the HRH is sold out. Just thought I would let everyone know!

Peel, when date did you actually make your reservation?
Thanks
Mike

I made my initial reservation on 9/24 and then applied the AAA discount the first day it was released (can't remember exactly). I noticed that your rate is higher than mine....I don't have an explanation! It seems I got a 15% discount and you got a 10% discount. :confused3

I shouldn't have procrastinated, I should have booked the standard at $233 when I called for a price. :mad:
I called today with credit card in hand, thinking, hey, it's still over 5 months away, it will still be there, well, no it isn't!
Now the only available rooms at the RPR are King Suites, at almost $400 a night, that's overkill for what I need. Since the HRH is sold out, I am staying at the Portofino.

There must be a huge convention the weekend of May 16th to 18th. The HRH is sold out, the RPR only has King & Kid Suites, and the Portofino has limited availability. So if you are interested in that weekend book it now, before there is nothing left!
I'm going to go back and edit my original listing!

I shouldn't have procrastinated, I should have booked the standard at $233 when I called for a price. :mad:
I called today with credit card in hand, thinking, hey, it's still over 5 months away, it will still be there, well, no it isn't!
Now the only available rooms at the RPR are King Suites, at almost $400 a night, that's overkill for what I need. Since the HRH is sold out, I am staying at the Portofino.

That sux Mike...but, at least you will stay onsite and become a member of the 3-way club :banana:

Lesson learned: Book it and cancel later if you have to ;)

That sux Mike...but, at least you will stay onsite and become a member of there 3-way club :banana:

Lesson learned: Book it and cancel later if you have to ;)
Yeah, I know............:mad: I even had them save it for me for a day without a credit card, then I got busy and forgot about it. Must be something big that weekend, I'm glad I'll have FOTL! Our timeshare exchange that week before the Portofino is so close to the parks, it shares the water from the Wet & Wild lagoon! Here is a link to it. It got decent reviews at tripadvisor, and it's so close, I couldn't resist!:woohoo:

I think I will LIKE the "3 way club" ;)

Well I have to update. I just called and had AAA applied to my dates. 1/16-1/19 and it dropped down from $207. (which was supersaver) to $195.20 for Garden view at HRH.

I have another update! I called asking why I hadn't received a confirmation email for our weekend in May at the Portofino. So while I was on the phone, I asked if anything had come open at the RPR or HRH, well the HRH is still sold out, BUT, there was a standard opening at the RPR :cool1:
So I canceled the Portofino, and booked the RPR. So I saved around $60 a night and got the hotel I wanted (well, 2nd choice, I think the HRH is our fav now, and we'll be staying there in October :) )

So Barb, I'm going to have to wait to be in the "3 way club" ;)

I have another update! I called asking why I hadn't received a confirmation email for our weekend in May at the Portofino. So while I was on the phone, I asked if anything had come open at the RPR or HRH, well the HRH is still sold out, BUT, there was a standard opening at the RPR :cool1:
So I canceled the Portofino, and booked the RPR. So I saved around $60 a night and got the hotel I wanted (well, 2nd choice, I think the HRH is our fav now, and we'll be staying there in October :) )

So Barb, I'm going to have to wait to be in the "3 way club" ;)

Glad to hear you were able to score RPR... :thumbsup2 that's a good savings per night! (sorry you have to wait to be a "3-way'er" :guilty: ....'nother time.... )

June
Date 26-29
Hotel Portofina Bay
Room Type Garden
Rate $254
Rate Type AAA
Loews First Upgrade applied?/LF level no
username

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter