Date & Rate.....2008!

I think you are safe. HHN was 6 weeks this year, I cant imagine they would cut the number of nights for 2008.

Come on October! :upsidedow

Dates: Aug 5 - 13
Hotel: PB
Room: Portifino Suite/upgraded due to Platinum
Rate: $254.00 ish
Rate Type: AAA

I'll probably shave a few days off of this when we purchase flights.

Dates: January 23 - 26
Hotel: RPR
Room: Standard 2 Queen
Rate: $134 for 1/23 and 1/24; $164 for 1/25 (weekend)
Rate Type: Florida Resident Discount

Dates: Feb. 28 - Mar 1
Hotel: PB
Room: Portofono Suite
Rate: $296.10 & $309.60
Ratw type: AAA
Loews upgrade: yes/platinum

Just want to update my rates since supersaver are now available for our dates :cool1:

4/28-5/4
HRH
Garden view
$223.00 for 4/28 - 5/1
$235.00 for 5/2 - 5/4
Supersaver rates (not including tax)
No/Blue
wwessing

MAY
1-4
HRH
Garden view
$223.00 5/1
$235.00 5/2 - 5/4
Supersaver rates (not including tax)
No/Blue
wwessing

Changed my rates this morning too!

4/28 - 5/3
HRH
King Suite
$223 w/rate change to $235 5/2.
Super Saver
Platinum Upgrade applied.

BTW, the first ditz I talked to tried to tell me my AAA rate was better. This was after I'd already reminded her that I'm platinum. She tried to tell me that my AAA rate of $250-something was going to increase to over $300-something. I told her that as Plat I should pay a GV rate and get the comped upgrade. She hung up on me. I called back and got someone who knew what she was doing. Also, this time, my confirmation number didn't change. She just changed the rate. This is inconsistent. Sometimes they cancel my old ressie and give me a new one. Sometimes they just change the rate. Hmpph.

Changed my rates this morning too!

4/28 - 5/3
HRH
King Suite
$223 w/rate change to $235 5/2.
Super Saver
Platinum Upgrade applied.

BTW, the first ditz I talked to tried to tell me my AAA rate was better. This was after I'd already reminded her that I'm platinum. She tried to tell me that my AAA rate of $250-something was going to increase to over $300-something. I told her that as Plat I should pay a GV rate and get the comped upgrade. She hung up on me. I called back and got someone who knew what she was doing. Also, this time, my confirmation number didn't change. She just changed the rate. This is inconsistent. Sometimes they cancel my old ressie and give me a new one. Sometimes they just change the rate. Hmpph.

So your rates are now same as mine. You booked a Garden View and got upgraded to King Suite cuz your a plat goddess, right? :worship: I'm just hoping for an upgrade to pool view cuz my dd15 has special needs and being able to watch out the window is a huge, big deal for her. I've actually got an e-mail from uvspecservices saying they will be certain to assign poolview - hopefully that carries some weight at check-in.

Each time I have changed my rate, they have kept the confirmation number exactly the same. They have, however, refunded the previous deposit and charged a new one. . . well, actually they charge the new rate then get around to randomly refunding the old deposit.

Oh yeah, I was re-reading the Loews First primer thread you created, and noticed that it was mentioned that sometimes supersaver rates have been known to be considered "internet" rates and not honored as qualifying. So I asked the reservationist when I was changing rates and she said for sure it was qualifying. Then, knowing how those things go, I called HRH and got someone at the front desk and asked the same question. I got 2 for 2 on this one - she said it definitely was qualifying and perks would be included. She even added a note on the ressie that says be sure to deliver welcome gift.

Update: When I got e-mail confirmation this evening, it only showed the higher rate of $235 instead of both rates. I e-mail special services and asked for an e-mail confirmation showing the rates as they actually are. We'll see what happens.

Hi Wendy, I do hope we never lose that Plat status. It's been a God-send to us!

Please make sure that you are on a high floor as much of the foliage has grown and blocked the view of the pool. I would hate to see your daughter upset if she is stuck looking at swaying trees. I'm sure the supervisors will take that into consideration, but don't accept a lower floor. We had a pool view on floor 6. Had we been on floor 4, we'd have not seen the pool through the trees. See you there. :goodvibes

Hey Jodie, thanks for the upper floor advice. I've asked for an upper floor on my reservation, just for that reason, but I will be certain not to accept something lower. I'll probably call a couple weeks before our trip to make sure they have it right - and I'll be certain to take all my correspondence with me as well.

BTW, I got an almost immediate response from specservices and they provided me with confirmation of the proper rates on the appropriate dates.

Dates: June 27 - June 30
Hotel: RPR
Room: Standard 2 Q
Rate: June 27 and June 28 $220.15; June 29 $207.40
Rate Type: AAA

RPR
2 Q
June 29
AAA rate
$219.60
(I just called UO because I saw PP had a lower rate than I had gotten for that night. I didn't realize you got a discount if staying 3 or more nights...)

Hmmm. So why is my AAA rate for June 29th $.55 more than Lucky'sMom. Not worth making a fuss over, but just weird.

Actually, I just realized that I was looking at the wrong date. My AAA rate for the 29th is $12 lower than Lucky'sMom. Even weirder.

Do you have written confirmation of your ressie? My reservations went up $12 per night for Friday and Saturday.

If you don't have written confirmation, I would get it then see if your rate went up for Friday and Saturday. Make sure you ask specifically for confirmation of any rate change during your stay. My original confirmation only gives me the higher, weekend rate. I e-mailed special services and they right away sent me back confirmation showing the rate change.

Hmmm. So why is my AAA rate for June 29th $.55 more than Lucky'sMom. Not worth making a fuss over, but just weird.

Actually, I just realized that I was looking at the wrong date. My AAA rate for the 29th is $12 lower than Lucky'sMom. Even weirder.

Your rate is lower because you are staying for 3 nights or more. My rate is because we are only staying for one night.

If you have Triple A you will get the rate wether it is 1 night or 10 nights.
Supersaver rate gives you better discount if you stay longer.
My Triple a Rate for June/July is midweek $207 +tax and Fri and Sat is $220+tax.
so if you can get a midweek 1 night stay for $207 +tax standard room

How do you get the Supersaver rate?
I am an APH so typically are the supersaver rates better?
TY

The AAA rate is not the same no matter how many nights. If you stay 1-2 nights, the rate is higher; if you stay 3+ nights, the rate is lower (by about $12/night). You can see this on previous posts.

How do you get the Supersaver rate?
I am an APH so typically are the supersaver rates better?
TY

If you are staying 3 or more nights, the supersave rate will come up when you try to book. APH isn't always available but supersaver seems to be.

The AAA rate is not the same no matter how many nights. If you stay 1-2 nights, the rate is higher; if you stay 3+ nights, the rate is lower (by about $12/night). You can see this on previous posts.

It really depends on what nights are falling on a Friday or Saturday....those nights are a higher rate no matter what...even IF using AAA. You still get the AAA discount on Friday and Saturday nights, but it'll still be higher ($20-$25/nite?) because it's considered a 'weekend'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter